Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. God, this is going to be a horrible thing for me to say. I don't date because... I find it difficult to have intelligent conversation with people my age. Yup, that sounded bad.

No, not at all. I was right there up until my college days. I generally relate better to older people than myself, but after my college days it got a little better.

Yeah. God, this is going to be a horrible thing for me to say. I don't date because... I find it difficult to have intelligent conversation with people my age. Yup, that sounded bad.

That's okay though because you said what I couldn't lol. I was thinking the exact same thing. My friends are all intelligent and ridiculous like myself, and there's not many other people outside of them that I like. I just have not found a girl that I can have a really intelligent converstaion with yet. As far as I know, they might not exist in high school. I already learned my lesson = had a 9 month relationship in 9-10 grade. Not happening again until well after college. Hell, if I don't change, maybe not ever.

This is how I am. It is going to sound like bragging, but the context is necessary. I have always been considered "gifted". Was evaluated by a psychologist and everything. Started doing some research and I found the relationships are very difficult due to a sort of mental age gap. Sounds like you ware the same way. I have always prefered talking to older (like, 5 years older) kids, and now I prefer to talk to adults. Which, ironically, I will legally be in a few hours.
No, not at all. I was right there up until my college days. I generally relate better to older people than myself, but after my college days it got a little better.

You are like 18 right? Go on dates with many girls, don't date them. Shoot for some fun, not necessarily an intelligent convo. Do stupid things you normally wouldn't. Let your guard down and get out of your comfort zone and amazing things will happen in all aspects of life.

This is how I am. It is going to sound like bragging, but the context is necessary. I have always been considered "gifted". Was evaluated by a psychologist and everything. Started doing some research and I found the relationships are very difficult due to a sort of mental age gap. Sounds like you ware the same way. I have always prefered talking to older (like, 5 years older) kids, and now I prefer to talk to adults. Which, ironically, I will legally be in a few hours.

Me too. And happy birthday a bit early. 18 is cool, though don't hold your breath too much, it doesn't feel that much different.

Happy Birthday in advance, Jake.

You are like 18 right? Go on dates with many girls, don't date them. Shoot for some fun, not necessarily an intelligent convo. Do stupid things you normally wouldn't. Let your guard down and get out of your comfort zone and amazing things will happen in all aspects of life.

This is such good advice, I wish I would've followed it. I dated one girl for 2 years in high school. Finally right when I got to college I just went on a ton of dates with all kinds of different girls and had a blast. If I could say anything it would be exactly what Frank said. Now I have a steady girlfriend, and have for a while, but I'm at the end of my college career and past a lot of the fun and party stages.

This! Have some fun, you're not looking to get married, just have some fun. There is lots of time for conversation and less fun when you're married.

It isn't that easy for me. For there to be any attraction, certain intellectual boundaries must be crossed. I am not shy, not at all. I am outgoing (at least now I am) socially, but I cannot get past the intellect thing.

It isn't that easy for me. For there to be any attraction, certain intellectual boundaries must be crossed. I am not shy, not at all. I am outgoing (at least now I am) socially, but I cannot get past the intellect thing.

Truth! The most attractive organ is the one between the ears.

This! Have some fun, you're not looking to get married, just have some fun. There is lots of time for conversation and less fun when you're married.

Be serious about your books and your partying, no women...at least first couple, three four years

I was about to say this exact thing. On top of the intellectual thing, almost nobody I know outside of my friends likes me. I think it's because of my personality. I don't mind though. I'm not much for companionship.

Be serious about your books and your partying, no women...at least first couple, three four years
You have to take your partying serious for sure, but there are generally ladies there and they can be up for some fun. I miss university.

Just don't be too smart for your own good. Try things and people you normally wouldn't and this will increase your knowledge far more than what you can learn in a class or read in a book. Your only goal should be not to get anyone pregnant, end up with something that isn't treatable, and stay out of jail.

Me too. And happy birthday a bit early. 18 is cool, though don't hold your breath too much, it doesn't feel that much different.
Yeah, I don't think it's as big a deal since they changed the drinking age many years ago.

Just don't be too smart for your own good. Try things and people you normally wouldn't and this will increase your knowledge far more than what you can learn in a class or read in a book. Your only goal should be not to get anyone pregnant, end up with something that isn't treatable, and stay out of jail.

This..that is all.

He could get drunk in Canada.

That's what I like about the fact that my sister goes to school there. It's much more fun than down here.

That's what I like about the fact that my sister goes to school there. It's much more fun than down here.

Just you wait, Dam...it'll happen...

We know how to party, we are friendly, the food is good, the education is second to none, and the women are sessy. What more could you want?

I was about to say this exact thing. On top of the intellectual thing, almost nobody I know outside of my friends likes me. I think it's because of my personality. I don't mind though. I'm not much for companionship.
I used to be hated. I was a total ass as a kid. Correcting people left and right, no social skills, fat (cute as heck, but fat). I was a liar too, that didn't help. I made a few good friends, friends that taught me how to get along with people better. I laid off the multisyllabic words, started talking to people. People started realizing that I can be relaxed, I can be funny, social, and not just this walking encyclopedia.

Happy Birthday Jacob :cake::blob::clapp::guitar::birthday:!

We know how to party, we are friendly, the food is good, the education is second to none, and the women are sessy. What more could you want?

A warm climate :D

You make a good argument. Now why'd you want to leave again?

Just you wait, Dam...it'll happen...

What will happen? Fun here in the US? I still have 3 years to wait until that is legal.

This is what I have learned in my few visits up there. Though partying there is much different than here. Still very much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back