TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

i visited my local store and got my order in for an r11s driver, the rbz 17*3 wood and the 3,4& 5 rbz hybrids, i am dropping my 5 wood from the bag and will use my 3 or 4 hybrid where i would have used my 5 wood, i struggle at hitting my adams 3w off the deck and i am hoping the higher loft will help.

I went for the r11s over the rbz driver as i prefer the adjustability of the r11 as hit helps fix my slice

Does the RBZ line mean the end of the burner line? I don't see how they are going to have 3 concurrent lines of clubs or why that would be necessary...

Does the RBZ line mean the end of the burner line? I don't see how they are going to have 3 concurrent lines of clubs or why that would be necessary...

As of now, the Burner line will remain, but I am not sure you will see any new equipment coming from it. Some companies do have 3 (or even more lines) that run concurrently.

It really comes down to offering more choices to consumers.

As of now, the Burner line will remain, but I am not sure you will see any new equipment coming from it. Some companies do have 3 (or even more lines) that run concurrently.

It really comes down to offering more choices to consumers.

I still see tons of Burner clubs in stores too. Like the Burner '09 driver are all over the place.

I know what you mean about other companies having more than one line and that it is possible, I just never understood why they need so many. I mean how would you rank all of taylormades irons now? (burner 2.0, RBZ, R11, TP) as far as drivers I guess it works because the burner is not adjustable while the RBZ is, but does that make the RBZ a budget R11s?

I still see tons of Burner clubs in stores too. Like the Burner '09 driver are all over the place.
They still have pretty much the entire Burner line from '09 still for sale in stores, brand new. I think that driver is like $119.00 now?

If anyone ever sees an 07' Burner new stiff....as long as the price is right....buy it and I will pay you back. I miss that club

Isn't the RBZ driver almost as adjustable as the R11? Will certainly try these out this spring. In the fall I took my 3-4 year old Burner driver (10.5, stiff shaft & TourLock counter weighting) to a launch monitor to test against the latest drivers. Tested the R11, 910, Ping I20 and something from Callaway (Razr maybe?).I assumed the performance would be best from the R11. The Titleist was the most consistent and felt the most solid and enjoyable to swing to me. The Ping was alright and the R11 was 3rd choice. The Callaway didn't feel good vs. the other 3.In the end, the difference between my 3-4 year old Burner and the newest technology was minimal, other than feel and a slightly tighter dispersion with the 910. Not enough to switch just yet. That said, I did not have the chance to make use of the adjustability of any of the clubs and it was indoors, where I don't always trust those video monitors. I think I'll re-test mine against the 910d2 and the RBZ. If I can do it on the range, so much the better.

Just a thought; on the TM website the superfast 2.0 has now been pushed to the "previous models" section. I feel like if RBZ is well accepted then the burner line will go bye-bye.

Rocketballz Driver

Rocketballz Driver

Went to Golf Galaxy tonight to buy some golf shoes. Wandered over to the simulator to see what was going on. They had a left handed Ping G20 and a Titleist D2 I could try. Out of boredom, I tried them out. They didn't seem any better than my current R11. Sales rep walks up and tells me that he has the driver that I will trade my R11 in for. After I smirk and make a smart remark, he hands me a RBZ Driver. OH MY GOD!!!! That driver is SOLID. I was averaging 15 more yards than my R11 in the simulator. My R11 was averaging 301 yards. The RBZ was averaging 318 yards with the longest being 342 yards. I would really like to get it out on a range to see the ball flight but from initial hits I am sold.

you gotta give us more than that... what a tease! Lucky you to get to try it out.
how was the sound compared to the R11? Overall feel compared to the R11, is it as crisp and responsive? good feedback received every hit?
I know it's a lot to ask for from you just having a few hits with it, but with all the buzz about these clubs, I'm sure I'm not alone in my questions.

Wow. And you didn't think to print off the screenshot of the Sim numbers? If I was averaging 318 and hitting a driver 342 I would definitely print that put!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice increase for sure. I think Danilo covered it with his questions, please share the other aspects that would have sold you on the spot.

you have to give us a little more than that, i love my 910 D2 but i have to admit the TM drivers, woods and hybrids look so good i'd buy them just for their looks alone and if the numbers are right it would influence me even more.

Tadashi70 i love your avatar :clapp:

Had the opportunity to hit both the RBZ driver, 9 degree and the RBZ tour driver, 9 degree yesterday. It took me a few shots to get past the sound but both were solid drivers. I now hit a Adams F11 10.5 degree with stiff Voodoo shaft. The both the driver and the tour driver had stiff stock shaft in them. Both drivers were longer than my Adams. The driver was averaging 9 yards long but 10 yards left. The tour driver was averaging 17 yards long but was straight as an arrow. I am really looking forward to them getting a 10.5 degree tour driver to try as I have had 9 degree drivers in the past and found that 10.5 gave me better numbers.

Taylor Made seems to have come up with a winner. The 3-wood looks to be even more impressive. All I know is that in a few weeks I have to be at work at midnight to 2 am for the release of the RBZ line. People are pre-ordering with out even touching. Quite the Buzz

Dayum! I am whacking this whole line tomorrow. Not just the irons. I've gotta see this for myself.

These yardage increases is very troubling news.

I just don't understand how this driver can increase yardage so much! If this is so long then why would anyone buy the r11s?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I just don't understand how this driver can increase yardage so much! If this is so long then why would anyone buy the r11s?

R11 can be fit I guess to get that yardage. Looks, sound feel, and that I beleive would come into play. The 2.0 had the same things going last year. I believe TM does not make a bad club. They are again offering promises of distance and all that. They usually live up to many of the claims as they have solid lines. I am also excited to hit these drivers. GPP golf has a nice video of a comparison of ther three. All of these sound great. I love being able to hear the sound echo through the course! I think that there is so much parity within the equipment world. Rocketballz is a great way to get people to come and try their product. Oh the fun of the first few rounds mshing drives down, you can turn to your friends and say "rocketballz".

R11 can be fit I guess to get that yardage. Looks, sound feel, and that I beleive would come into play. The 2.0 had the same things going last year. I believe TM does not make a bad club. They are again offering promises of distance and all that. They usually live up to many of the claims as they have solid lines. I am also excited to hit these drivers. GPP golf has a nice video of a comparison of ther three. All of these sound great. I love being able to hear the sound echo through the course! I think that there is so much parity within the equipment world. Rocketballz is a great way to get people to come and try their product. Oh the fun of the first few rounds mshing drives down, you can turn to your friends and say "rocketballz".

True. But I had the 2.0 driver and 4 wood and was not impressed! Will definitely hit these just to see though

Better players will probably go for the R11S, along with those wanting more adjustability than RBZ. But in general, I bet RBZ will blow away in sales solely for it's distance!

Better players will probably go for the R11S, along with those wanting more adjustability than RBZ. But in general, I bet RBZ will blow away in sales solely for it's distance!

If I can get those distance gains I'll be buying one too!

Had the opportunity to hit both the RBZ driver, 9 degree and the RBZ tour driver, 9 degree yesterday. It took me a few shots to get past the sound but both were solid drivers. I now hit a Adams F11 10.5 degree with stiff Voodoo shaft. The both the driver and the tour driver had stiff stock shaft in them. Both drivers were longer than my Adams. The driver was averaging 9 yards long but 10 yards left. The tour driver was averaging 17 yards long but was straight as an arrow. I am really looking forward to them getting a 10.5 degree tour driver to try as I have had 9 degree drivers in the past and found that 10.5 gave me better numbers.

You mention having to get past the sound... What is it about the sound that you did not like? Does it sound bad like the Nike SQ drivers?, or is it just a different sound than the Adams that you are used to?

Back