TaylorMade Releases R11S Driver Preview

Its awful. I know for a fact that clubs they give you $300 for will go on the shelf for $699 or so. I saw a set of used clubs at GG last weekend like that.

I too have seen this and it makes me ill. That's more than 100% markup! If you're going to sell them for that much, you need to at least give the consumer $500 for them. I know you can negotiate that $699 price, but they won't give you much off of it. The mom and pop shop I deal with will give you what the PGA Trade Guide says, and then sell them for $100 over that.

I have to say I am on the other side of the fence. While I dont necessarily agree with the value guide, you have to remember that the purchaser, in this case the store, assumes all the responsibility. They are the ones that will sit on the product in hopes that it sells. They have the overhead and the floor space. If they made $199 on each set that costs $699 used, they would be gone before you could blink.

I have to say I am on the other side of the fence. While I dont necessarily agree with the value guide, you have to remember that the purchaser, in this case the store, assumes all the responsibility. They are the ones that will sit on the product in hopes that it sells. They have the overhead and the floor space. If they made $199 on each set that costs $699 used, they would be gone before you could blink.

A very valid point, indeed. However, you can get a brand new set of irons for what these stores are selling used ones for. I just don't see how that's even fair to the consumer who is looking to save a few bucks by buying used. Thank God for the THP market place. 'Most' of the things I have seen sold have been very reasonably priced and since you rub elbows with these folks, there's a very good chance that they are legit and well cared for.

does anyone know if theyll be coming out with and r11s rescue?

not this year, they said they are sticking with the recue 11 from last year

not this year, they said they are sticking with the recue 11 from last year

I love my Rescue11, its a great hybrid IMO. My R11s should be here tomorrow hopefully. I have tomorrow off and its supose to be in the 50's so if it comes I will be hitting the range. Have you hit yours anymore?

I love my Rescue11, its a great hybrid IMO. My R11s should be here tomorrow hopefully. I have tomorrow off and its supose to be in the 50's so if it comes I will be hitting the range. Have you hit yours anymore?

just on the range and i was hitting it 10 yards further than my cobra zl encore and supertri and last years r11.

I hope to get on the course tomorrow but it will be below 40 and the course will be frozen solid and temporary greens will be in play.

just on the range and i was hitting it 10 yards further than my cobra zl encore and supertri and last years r11.

I hope to get on the course tomorrow but it will be below 40 and the course will be frozen solid and temporary greens will be in play.

Thats awesome man, looking forward to your progress with it. I gotta admit I have missed the white on my driver since I played the D2 most of the year but glad its returning to my bag.

If any THP'ers live on Oahu (or if any guests are lurking and read this) Roots and Relics in downtown Honolulu started selling the R11S today. Just picked mine up and headed to the range to pit it against the 910D2. Gonna strap the Diamana Blueboard from my old R11 in there first as I know it's been a great shaft for me in the past. Here's to hoping it agrees with the R11S.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

If any THP'ers live on Oahu (or if any guests are lurking and read this) Roots and Relics in downtown Honolulu started selling the R11S today. Just picked mine up and headed to the range to pit it against the 910D2. Gonna strap the Diamana Blueboard from my old R11 in there first as I know it's been a great shaft for me in the past. Here's to hoping it agrees with the R11S.

Awesome man hurry up and get done so we know how you liked it lol.

I would definitely go to the midnight release if there was a GG anywhere near me. I think the closest one is a little over 2 hours away.

I have driver love. I just didn't get the stupid hat. This will be bagged with a hd6 more than likely. I have pjx that will be getting tipped. Off centre hits are better than the R11. I am cutting the shaft to 45. This thing is nice I like it

aefdd9ae-5e64-cdb1.jpg

aefdd9ae-5e79-abb8.jpg

Pardon the Jeep's seat covers as they're getting a bit old!

Alright, just go back from the range. First thing I have to say is I'm with Mark. 45" is the max I feel comfortable with as I was hitting the high rights every time when gripping the driver at the end. Choked down a full inch and felt like I was hitting a different driver. Just felt more balanced, very stable, and even the club head felt more solid on impact.

Long story short on the shaft. I really like it. Actually prefer it to my Blueboard. Not whippy or weak at all like previous stock TMAG options. It's a stout shaft.

White, of course, looks bigger than a black club head any day, but the R11S isn't very much bulkier looking than the R11 IMHO. Interesting shapes they have going on on the bottom of this club. Actually pretty ugly. But I'd say effective as the head, although larger, really felt like it was cutting through the air nicely.

Sound on impact is loud but not obnoxious. A mid to low pitched "tank" (and I mean that as onomatopoeia, not the war machine) comes from the face when you make solid contact. Solid strikes feel like your really plowing through the ball with a hammer and not a driver. Loooove the way this club feels at contact! Face feels hot, but in a different, more brute force kind of way than the D2.

Driver is obviously low spin as I had absolutely zero ballooning on my well struck shots. Ball just took off mid/high, crept up slowly, and kept going. Lots of rollout when the ball landed and I'd say that's where my gains came from for the most part.

Probably picked up a solid 15 yards on the D2 after I made a couple tweaks. ASP open, FCT upright, MWT at 12 in the heel and 6 in the toe. In all actuality I picked up maybe 5 of carry, but the rollout was way more with the R11S. In my D2's defense the shaft is a full 3/4" shorter than the R11S even after I choked down an inch. I don't think it made that much of a difference though as I usually just keep getting longer off the tee every bit shorter I make any shaft I play till I get down to 44".

Accuracy was on par with my D2. I'd say no better no worse. Both are ridiculously accurate drivers. And I just can't seem to miss the sweet spot with the R11S so I can't speak to forgiveness really. One I hit mildly toward the heel but I didn't notice it until I looked at the face. that's the best I've got in that area.

I'd say I've got "driver love". Or at least I'm currently infatuated.

Wesome stuff Colt. The driver is an improvement, IMO. The headcover is sick

Wesome stuff Colt. The driver is an improvement, IMO. The headcover is sick

Yeah. I thought the same thing about the head cover too. Looks great and fairly easy to get off. Trying to put it back on almost made me say a dirty word or two though!!!

Great writeup Colt. Appreciate it. I'm really looking forward to trying this driver out, and secretly hoping the RBZ works better for me since it's cheaper! :D

Great write up indeed! Makes me even more eager to get fit for one!

What shaft flex do you have (out of curiosity)?

Taptaptap!

Anyone end up at midnight madness?

Yep. I hit this driver again more then the RBZ driver and still think its a nice upgrade over the R11.

So I assume you didn't win anything? Tell us about your haul. I'm super curious.

So I assume you didn't win anything? Tell us about your haul. I'm super curious.

No, me and another dude were the last ones there so I saw them pull the name and it wasnt Kmac. :bad:

No, me and another dude were the last ones there so I saw them pull the name and it wasnt Kmac. :bad:

Not cool. They should give it to the dude who's there last.

Not cool. They should give it to the dude who's there last.

To be honest, I think its a great driver and will be a very good driver for a lot of fellow sheep but Im not sure its the best driver for Kmac.

To be honest, I think its a great driver and will be a very good driver for a lot of fellow sheep but Im not sure its the best driver for Kmac.

It's amazing how far you've come in two years. I'm almost not sure if I need to reread this ^^^^ to make sure I read it correctly. LOL

It's amazing how far you've come in two years. I'm almost not sure if I need to reread this ^^^^ to make sure I read it correctly. LOL

I was almost disappointed in myself but then I left with 2 clubs haha

I think Hawk has hijacked Kmacs account

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Back