Odds to Win 2012 Masters

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
I pulled this off a site this morning. I find it interesting that Tiger and Phil are so high. I understand Tiger's game is moving in the right direction, but Phil hasn't done much lately. I guess betters just base it off previous experience at the Masters.

Since Tiger won his 1st Masters I bet he has been the favorite every year he has showed up.

I think Zack Johnson is a good bet at 80/1. He normally does pretty good at Augusta. Your thoughts?

------------------------------------

Tiger Woods 9/2
Rory McIlroy 8/1
Phil Mickelson 15/1
Lee Westwood 20/1
Luke Donald 20/1
Adam Scott 25/1
Jason Day 30/1
Dustin Johnson 30/1
Nick Watney 40/1
Rickie Fowler 40/1
Martin Kaymer 40/1
Charl Schwartzel 40/1
Sergio Garcia 30/1
Matt Kuchar 40/1
Hunter Mahan 40/1
Steve Stricker 40/1
Anthony Kim 40/1
Webb Simpson 40/1
Bubba Watson 50/1
Justin Rose 60/1
Geoff Ogilvy 60/1
K.J. Choi 50/1
Graeme McDowell 60/1
Padraig Harrington 80/1
Retief Goosen 80/1
Paul Casey 50/1
Ian Poulter 60/1
Jim Furyk 60/1
Zach Johnson 80/1
Keegan Bradley 60/1
Angel Cabrera 100/1
Y.E. Yang 80/1
Gary Woodland 80/1
Ryo Ishikawa 100/1
Ryan Moore 100/1
Ernie Els 80/1
Brandt Snedeker 60/1
Bill Haas 80/1
Bo Van Pelt 80/1
Field (All Others) 15/1

Tiger and Phil just get jacked up to play the Masters. You can't count them out of that tournament regardless of how they're playing going into it. Those guys live for that course. I'd be fine putting money on either one. ZJ is also a great bet at 80/1.

Adam Scott 25/1

^^^^^^^^I'll take this. Where do I need to send the money?

Simpson at 40/1 is pretty good. KJ Choi has played well the last 2 masters, he's a 50/1

phil and tiger got so high becuase of their past. its really hard to say who to take because its anyone game you know? but id have to take ZJ ive always liked him

I would take Jason Day at 30/1. He seems to do well at majors. Including last year's Masters.

I find it hard to understand why Bubba who has won several tournaments has worse odds than Fowler who one one tournament with a mediocre field

No Johnson Wagner love....

Hot putter - better than average short game - whoever fits that description going in can win. I think Phil needs to fix his putting issues before he has a chance to win again there. He can fix that in one week though, that is what talent does for you. I think Tiger wins it this year.

KJ has been in it the last couple years as mentioned before. He could easily take it, but tiger is close to being wide open again.... it will be a great tournament as usual!

Webb @ 40/1 is tempting. Anyone who plays a great draw has a shot. I think Rory will do it this year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Lee Westwood 20/1 LIKE
Luke Donald 20/1 LIKE
Jason Day 30/1 LIKE
Brandt Snedeker 60/1 LIKE
Bill Haas 80/1 LIKE

The odds for Tiger are ALWAYS out of whack compared to every other golfer because Tiger is the ultimate "public" play, tons of people that don't know very much about golf will still bet on him because of the name. Even when his game was down in the past couple of years, he was still in the top 5 choices in terms of odds at every single major.

Those odds make me want to take a flier on Angel Cabrera at 100/1 since he's a past winner, and then lay some money down on the "field" bet at 15/1.

The odds for Tiger are ALWAYS out of whack compared to every other golfer because Tiger is the ultimate "public" play, tons of people that don't know very much about golf will still bet on him because of the name. Even when his game was down in the past couple of years, he was still in the top 5 choices in terms of odds at every single major.

Those odds make me want to take a flier on Angel Cabrera at 100/1 since he's a past winner, and then lay some money down on the "field" bet at 15/1.

Those are two solid bets dude. I'm with you- for the guy and the odds thats a good one.

I agree, the 15/1 "field" bet would also be a good play.

I like Jason Day as well, and give me $10 on the field

If you put $10 on every guy with odds of 40/1 or worse, you'd spend $300 because there's 30 guys like that. If any of those 30 guys won, you would make at minimum $100 profit. Pretty solid considering the names on the list of guys at 40/1 or worse. Worth the risk?

The one on the list that really suprised me was Anthony Kim at 40/1....same as Striker...and Webb...I don't get it....way over rated.

Jason Day 30/1
Sergio Garcia 30/1

^^I could see it^^

I agree, the 15/1 "field" bet would also be a good play.

+1 I think it gives you the most play for the better odds. Think about how many 'field' players have won lately. Willing to bet Z Johnson, Cabrera, Immelman, Scheartzel were all from the field their respective winning years

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Sneds is a nice bet

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I think Tiger actually does have a shot to win this year. Even in the last couple of years when his game has been out of whack, he has still been top 10 both times, and his game is actually coming around how. He just always seems to play Augusta National really well, and I think he has a shot to take it again this year.

Back