Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big East added Memphis, another powershouse. They are shaping up to compete with the SEC this year.

Yeah, but those 4 teams would then be playing a 9-game SEC schedule, where the rest of the SEC will only be playing 8. SEC has already said they dont want it to go to a 9 game schedule.

Some of us are good enough to win that extra game :act-up:

--
tapatalk

I will be seriously pissed if we dropthe Dawgs from our schedule. It's bad enough that the 2012 AU/UF game got canned. I'd rather scrap the current East/West setup than lose that game. I really wish we had been moved to the East during the recent shakeup. I'd like to get back to playing play Florida and UGA every year, with Bama as our rival game.

Some of us are good enough to win that extra game :act-up:

--
tapatalk

Actually, Alabama was the school that led the charge against going to a 9 game schedule...hehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see us ever dropping UT. Sucks about Auburn UGA though. Couldn't Auburn just drop one of the rotating East opponents?

The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry may be coming to an end?

Say it ain't so!!! I love the UGA/Auburn rivalry, AU leads the series 54-53-8 and UGA leads in points scored 1854-1778. Now that is a great rivalry in anyones book.

I don't see us ever dropping UT. Sucks about Auburn UGA though. Couldn't Auburn just drop one of the rotating East opponents?

It's a package deal, since those are the two cross-division rivalries. What they are saying is that each team will play 7 in their own division, then rotate one from the other division. For that to work, Alabama and Auburn would both lose their cross divisional rivalries with UGA and UT.

Say it ain't so!!! I love the UGA/Auburn rivalry, AU leads the series 54-53-8 and UGA leads in points scored 1854-1778. Now that is a great rivalry in anyones book.

Pains me to DD, one of the most competitive rivalries in all of sports.

It's a package deal, since those are the two cross-division rivalries. What they are saying is that each team will play 7 in their own division, then rotate one from the other division. For that to work, Alabama and Auburn would both lose their cross divisional rivalries with UGA and UT.

And that's the part I hate the most. A team from one division that is down, say like the east right now, could run the table on their side and draw a weak team from the west. Whereas in the current system that can still happen but its less likely.

I vote for a total realignment of the division personally, just don't call them north/south.

--
tapatalk

And that's the part I hate the most. A team from one division that is down, say like the east right now, could run the table on their side and draw a weak team from the west. Whereas in the current system that can still happen but its less likely.

I vote for a total realignment of the division personally, just don't call them north/south.

--
tapatalk

Or if you call them East/West, actually look at a map and set it up geographically correct.

With how they are proposing the home/home setup, teams against each other could have a ten year layoff of playing each other. For example, with how it is setup now, Auburn and Florida wouldn't be scheduled again until 2022. Really?

wtc is wrong with you guys? You do realize that the Duke/Carolina game is on, right?

Or if you call them East/West, actually look at a map and set it up geographically correct.

With how they are proposing the home/home setup, teams against each other could have a ten year layoff of playing each other. For example, with how it is setup now, Auburn and Florida wouldn't be scheduled again until 2022. Really?

Exactly! I posted my realignment awhile back in this thread using geography. Put bama and auburn in the east and the newcomers in the west with Kentucky or vandy.

--
tapatalk

wtc is wrong with you guys? You do realize that the Duke/Carolina game is on, right?

What's that? Hehe

They have football teams?

Lmao. It's on in the back ground, but its boring me and that rat looking feller scares me.

--
tapatalk

Exactly, that is the only logical way to do it.

Well, they aren't UTSA, that's for sure.
Haha, point taken, but I think I've made it clear that I'm an Austin boy and a Longhorn at heart, life moved me to San Antonio though.

Haha, point taken, but I think I've made it clear that I'm an Austin boy and a Longhorn at heart.

I'm just messing around. UNC's football team sucks but they put out some good pro's somehow.

I'm just messing around. UNC's football team sucks but they put out some good pro's somehow.

Ha. Keem. Nicks! Beast!

Yeah, but those 4 teams would then be playing a 9-game SEC schedule, where the rest of the SEC will only be playing 8. SEC has already said they dont want it to go to a 9 game schedule.

I think the league is going to eventually have to go to 9 game conf schedule particularly since the Pac-12, Big 10+2, and Big 12-2 are all going that way. Actually, I think SEC is really trying to get the NCAA rule changed that you have to have divisions to have a championship game, instead going to a single table of 14 teams and something like a 6 or 7 rotating / 2 fixed schedule where the top two teams go to the SEC Championship regardless of division.

I'd vote for Leaders/Legends...oh wait, that's taken?? :act-up:

I think things are going to start turning back around. I feel that we are a better football conference with TCU and WVU instead of Mizzou and A&M. I don't see those teams joining, but the Big 12 is coming back up.

The Big-12 is definitely stronger with the departure of aggie and Missouri, neither of them has won jack in the Big-12 and will do worse in the SEC. The Big-12 is second only to the SEC as a football conference.

The Big-12 is definitely stronger with the departure of aggie and Missouri, neither of them has won jack in the Big-12 and will do worse in the SEC. The Big-12 is second only to the SEC as a football conference.

Top to bottom I might have to agree with you. But I think USC is about to be really good again. Also think Michigan is getting better and Ohio State should turn around with Urban Meyer. I predict Ohio State to win the Big10 in the next two years. Some of the traditional football school are getting good again, now we just need Texas to come on back! Let's go Texas!

Isn't funny how fast people can turn on you? Texas just made the National Championship game two years ago.

Top to bottom I might have to agree with you. But I think USC is about to be really good again. Also think Michigan is getting better and Ohio State should turn around with Urban Meyer. I predict Ohio State to win the Big10 in the next two years. Some of the traditional football school are getting good again, now we just need Texas to come on back! Let's go Texas!

Isn't funny how fast people can turn on you? Texas just made the National Championship game two years ago.

Yeah but from the Natty to two seasons like they have had and just how bad they've looked in some spots the last two years is shocking. I'm and OU guy and hate Texas with a passion most of the year but they shouldn't have season's like they have the last two. I'd rather have a strong Texas than a weak one, good for the conference and the rivalry.

I just hope people don't sleep on OSU with the loss of Blackmon and Weeden, Gundy has got that ugly orange thing rolling and I can safely say having been through the entire facility at coaches clinics, if I was a kid and toured it I would be blown away. Boone's $$$ has done wonders from when I went to school there.

Yeah but from the Natty to two seasons like they have had and just how bad they've looked in some spots the last two years is shocking. I'm and OU guy and hate Texas with a passion most of the year but they shouldn't have season's like they have the last two. I'd rather have a strong Texas than a weak one, good for the conference and the rivalry.

I just hope people don't sleep on OSU with the loss of Blackmon and Weeden, Gundy has got that ugly orange thing rolling and I can safely say having been through the entire facility at coaches clinics, if I was a kid and toured it I would be blown away. Boone's $$$ has done wonders from when I went to school there.

Touche. I agree they've fallen hard in the past two years. They need to figure out a way to compete again.

Ha. I love you saying "that ugly orange thing." That's awesome! I went to the OU Bama game in Tuscaloosa. I think most people who went to either game in Normon or Tuscaloosa had an appreciation for OU football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back