2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Like a volcano with the top cut off. Right brutal bunker, left gator-bait. I might opt for a layup short in front and hope for an up and down. This was the hole that caught my eye the most when the LPGA played last year. But one thing for sure is IT WILL BE FUN!

DSCF9595.jpg
The funny thing is this picture does the elevation of this hole NO JUSTICE. I'm telling you, it's a big climb and landing one safely on this green is not easy.

Great pics Kelly, I stole one and it's not my desktop background!

Like a volcano with the top cut off. Right brutal bunker, left gator-bait. I might opt for a layup short in front and hope for an up and down. This was the hole that caught my eye the most when the LPGA played last year. But one thing for sure is IT WILL BE FUN!

DSCF9595.jpg

The bad thing about this hole is that it's a long par 5! The drive is difficult, water down the left and OB down the right. Then you still have a pretty long second shot to get into wedge range to go at that green. You don't want to be in that bunker to the right of the green at all, but also if you miss the green left, it's probably going to roll into the water. I think I took a 9 the first time I played it. I want another crack at it!

The bad thing about this hole is that it's a long par 5! The drive is difficult, water down the left and OB down the right. Then you still have a pretty long second shot to get into wedge range to go at that green. You don't want to be in that bunker to the right of the green at all, but also if you miss the green left, it's probably going to roll into the water. I think I took a 9 the first time I played it. I want another crack at it!

Thats why i'm thinking short right with my third and take anything more than bogey out of play. Thats assuming my drive stays dry and inbounds. And assuming my second goes where I plan. And assuming my chip stays on top of the volcano. And it also assumes that I don't 3-putt. Piece of cake.

i love seeing pics of the course!!!! i keep going on the website and staring at the photos on there like a kid waiting to go to disney land. But time has actually been moving pretty good and its only gonna move quicker with all the announcements of contests and equipment coming to the demo day.

I am really, really looking forward to playing the courses there. I may have to figure out some time to get over that way for a few rounds prior to the outing.

Thanks for the pics Kelly. I can't wait!

Who is that old farmer looking dude in the fifth picture down KellyBo :confused2:?

DSCF9595.jpg

I'm sure we will be playing forward tees so if you get a shot at the green in two, you better play a high ball

Just a heads up to those that need to fly down for this and still don't have flight tickets, but the airlines just raised fares $10 round trip again. They say its to offset rising fuel costs. Surprisingly, SWA was the one that led this round of raises, so they look like they will stick this time.

I booked my flight for $280ish 2 weeks ago from KC and the same flights are now up to $443. I fly around the country every week for work and I see higher fares for most routes will stay until fall. It sucks, but thats what happens with so many fewer seats being flown compared to what we saw several years ago.

I am really, really looking forward to playing the courses there. I may have to figure out some time to get over that way for a few rounds prior to the outing.

I'm planning on doing the same, I'll let you know when I go and we can make a practice round out of it haha

I'm planning on doing the same, I'll let you know when I go and we can make a practice round out of it haha
Absolutely, maybe we can get a group together and get a couple tee times.

Man does that picture bring back some memories. TC almost killed the cart girl and dirtydawg on that hole. Lazy 3W pulled by a big lefty = near death for those that appeared to be in perfectly safe location LOL

Just a heads up to those that need to fly down for this and still don't have flight tickets, but the airlines just raised fares $10 round trip again. They say its to offset rising fuel costs. Surprisingly, SWA was the one that led this round of raises, so they look like they will stick this time.

I booked my flight for $280ish 2 weeks ago from KC and the same flights are now up to $443. I fly around the country every week for work and I see higher fares for most routes will stay until fall. It sucks, but thats what happens with so many fewer seats being flown compared to what we saw several years ago.

Yeh I'm really ticked. With gas approaching $4.00/gal it looks like it'll cost me about $3.95 to get to Grand Cypress.:devil:

Yeh I'm really ticked. With gas approaching $4.00/gal it looks like it'll cost me about $3.95 to get to Grand Cypress.:devil:

Where you live drops, in the caddy shack? :bulgy-eyes:

ddxu has been awesome in helping me with flights and stuff. I should be confirmed booked by tomorrow haha.doing a red eye flight to make a Thursday afternoon round!

ddxu has been awesome in helping me with flights and stuff. I should be confirmed booked by tomorrow haha.doing a red eye flight to make a Thursday afternoon round!

Damn man, what a trooper. I have only took one red eye back from Vegas and vow never to do that again. I can say when I booked my flight for the outing, I looked on a Tuesday and it was $235, few days later I had to book at $285!

God I missed the signups… by a lot. Oh well, there's always next year!

God I missed the signups… by a lot. Oh well, there's always next year!

If you PM GolferGal, there are some spots that have opened up lately.

More spots open? Wow it seems just when we get close another spot opens. I am sure all the reasons people are dropping out are reasonable ones. I know it makes it tougher to get this moving. I hope all works out soon.

More spots open? Wow it seems just when we get close another spot opens. I am sure all the reasons people are dropping out are reasonable ones. I know it makes it tougher to get this moving. I hope all works out soon.

It will be interesting to see all the names that change when the teams finally get announced. If this keeps up, GG may be forced to just draw up the teams & pairings while we pound drivers on Demo Day. I can't imagine all the rework that must be going on.

chipping over lawn furniture for closest to the hole again? sweet.

Rumor has it, some amazing contests are going to be announced soon for the outing.

It will be interesting to see all the names that change when the teams finally get announced. If this keeps up, GG may be forced to just draw up the teams & pairings while we pound drivers on Demo Day. I can't imagine all the rework that must be going on.

Or change the teams into two or three man teams to make it even out. Team THP can have the extras because they are going to need some help :laughing:

chipping over lawn furniture for closest to the hole again? sweet.

THAT WAS A CONTEST?! I can't wait for the Outing. Fun stuff like that just cracks me up.

Back