Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree that they'd be redundant. Pau and Bynum are awesome together in that front court. Why not Dwight and Lopez? One power and one finesse.

I didn't realize how efficient his midrange game is for a center. He'd have to play the 4 and would get burnt by opposing 4's. He lacks the lateral speed to stay in front of most 4's in today's game.

He's a he'll of a center though.

Tap before talk.

I didn't realize how efficient his midrange game is for a center. He'd have to play the 4 and would get burnt by opposing 4's. He lacks the lateral speed to stay in front of most 4's in today's game.

He's a he'll of a center though.

Tap before talk.

I think he'd be fine to stay as center. Dwight as a PF. He would wreck the likes of Chris Bosh and other skinny guys. And Dwight's plenty quick. The thought of this possibility is making me giddy. Lol

Best fast break team I've seen: early 90' Golden State Warriors. Run TMC!! I loved watching those dudes ball!

Oh, what about the Suns from a few years ago? Pretty much every possession of theirs was a fast break. I don't remember too much of ot but what I do was offense, offense, offense.

Nets dude. Then it would be DWill, Dwight, and Lopez plus the two first rounders the Nets have this summer. And the Nets can pay them more.
I've actually heard that the most likely outcome is that Dwight and Derek will be playing in Dallas next year and the more you think about it the more likely it is.

Oh, what about the Suns from a few years ago? Pretty much every possession of theirs was a fast break. I don't remember too much of ot but what I do was offense, offense, offense.

They weren't very exciting. They just honestly didn't give a crap about defense.

I've actually heard that the most likely outcome is that Dwight and Derek will be playing in Dallas next year and the more you think about it the more likely it is.

I'd agree. If I'm Dwight, I'd rather go to Dallas. Sorry but I'd much rather play with Dirk than Brook Lopez.

I'd agree. If I'm Dwight, I'd rather go to Dallas. Sorry but I'd much rather play with Dirk than Brook Lopez.

And get payed less? You have to rememer that too.

LOL @ Odom getting sent down to the D league. What a loser.

LOL @ Odom getting sent down to the D league. What a loser.

Pfft. Thats so he can be around the Kardashians....They are all D-List!

Pfft. Thats so he can be around the Kardashians....They are all D-List!

Haha good point. Lots of D's involved here and not just the D league.

Haha good point. Lots of D's involved here and not just the D league.
Odom has always just played when he wants to, and when he does he can be very good. I'm sure he will be awesome in the D league cause I've heard he really wants to play there.

His wife looks like a Wookiee.

They wouldn't get paid less when you factor in no state tax in Dallas.

Oh I didn't know there's no tax there. How much do they save? I can't remember the exact number but I think the Nets can pay them each 3 or 4 mil more than Dallas. Might be lower.

Oh I didn't know there's no tax there. How much do they save? I can't remember the exact number but I think the Nets can pay them each 3 or 4 mil more than Dallas. Might be lower.
Well really the bulk of the money that you can pay your own players is in the extra year that you can sign them too, so on a per year basis its not actually that much less and then when you factor in the no state tax and the Dallas weather over the weather in NJ/Brooklyn you can sort of see where this is going.

There's no individual state income tax in Texas. I think there's like 7 states like that. That's a big saving when it's millions.

There's no individual state income tax in Texas. I think there's like 7 states like that. That's a big saving when it's millions.

Ironically you know where else he gets that saving?

Where he is currently playing!

That is funny, silly dwight I'd love to play in Orlando and I don't get why NBA players don't seem to want to stay there. Except Vince Carter, he wishes he was there still shooting crazy three's.

Well really the bulk of the money that you can pay your own players is in the extra year that you can sign them too, so on a per year basis its not actually that much less and then when you factor in the no state tax and the Dallas weather over the weather in NJ/Brooklyn you can sort of see where this is going.

Good call(s). I just hope to god he comes to the Nets lol.

Yeah how funny is that? Silly actually. I hate how these guys can do this and pretty much force their way out.

Yeah how funny is that? Silly actually. I hate how these guys can do this and pretty much force their way out.

That is why the NFL gets it. Guaranteed contracts, Bird rules, etc make it easy for the players to take their money and run.

Yeah it does suck, but I can't really blame Howard if he wants out of Orlando. They haven't done much for him in terms of support in the time he'a been there.

That is why the NFL gets it. Guaranteed contracts, Bird rules, etc make it easy for the players to take their money and run.

And this is why the NFL is king right now. Bounties aside. And some of these guys take their money and don't run. Can the nba change the business model so it's more like the nfl or is that too drastic and difficult a sell for players and union?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back