Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it does suck, but I can't really blame Howard if he wants out of Orlando. They haven't done much for him in terms of support in the time he'a been there.

I disagree completely. They went out and signed talent. The talent (that Howard approved of) did not work out, but they did sign talent.

And this is why the NFL is king right now. Bounties aside. And some of these guys take their money and don't run. Can the nba change the business model so it's more like the nfl or is that too drastic and difficult a sell for players and union?

Unfortunately I think it wont happen. Too drastic and like MLB, the unions wont go for it, because the leagues are making money without it.

I disagree completely. They went out and signed talent. The talent (that Howard approved of) did not work out, but they did sign talent.

Unfortunately I think it wont happen. Too drastic and like MLB, the unions wont go for it, because the leagues are making money without it.

That is what I figured and it's too bad too. The NBA used to be so fun.

I partially agree with that. They did sign some good players, but nothing worthy of pushing them over thedge to win a chanpionship. Some moves that I think of recently that were good moves to help a star get a championship are Shaq to the Heat and Gasol to the Lakers. Both made big splashes and got their stars championships. While the Magic did sign some talent, nothing like that to put them in championship territory. But I see what you're saying. They did sign some talent but it didn't work out.

Anybody ever thought that maybe Dwight Howard is not as good as the media projects him to be?
He cant close.
He has very little low post game still.
He cant shoot free throws AT ALL.
He has average hands.
He is a good defender and a great rebounder, but unless he has other pieces around him, he has no shot at a title. He cannot take over enough games offensively for it to happen.

Anybody ever thought that maybe Dwight Howard is not as good as the media projects him to be?
He cant close.
He has average hands.
He is a good defender and a great rebounder, but unless he has other pieces around him, he has no shot at a title. He cannot take over enough games offensively for it to happen.

I agree with everything here. Good thoughts. He still dominates sometimes and it's fun to watch. But to be fair, not many stars win without another around them. That's why Dirk is epic. Turnaround jumper ftw.

He cant close.
He has average hands.
I agree about his offensive game that has never been in doubt, but his sheer athletisim gets him points and his defence can win games. He is overated to be sure, but he is still the third or fourth best centre in the league. He will never be a good low post player or offensive player for that matter, but someone can win a championship with him.

Just curious breeze, who do you consider better than Howard at the center position? I honestly can't think of any except maybe a healthy Bynum.

I still think he's the best all around center in the league and would benefit greatly from an elite PG. I do agree it's discouraging that he's made zero progress in his offense/free throws.

Tap before talk.

LOL @ Odom getting sent down to the D league. What a loser.

Only players with 2 years of experience or less can be sent do dleague. He "askes" to play for dleague.

He cant close.
He has average hands.

I couldnt agree more. Incredible athlete and presence on the defensive end, but there are glaring holes in his game that i dont think are going to go away. What concerns me most about Howard is his work ethic and drive to compete. If he really, truly, was concerned with winning i think we would have seen a lot more progress in his offensive game by now and ANY progress in his FT shooting.

Howard is a rare athlete but he will never be THE guy on any championship team.

Just curious breeze, who do you consider better than Howard at the center position? I honestly can't think of any except maybe a healthy Bynum.

Clearly the answer is Bismack Biyombo.....but only because i wanted to say Bismack Biyombo.

Best fast break team I've seen: early 90' Golden State Warriors. Run TMC!! I loved watching those dudes ball!

Dude! yes! loved that squad and that nickname is the best. I spent a lot of time as a kid trying to emulate Timmy's killer-crossover in the driveway....and Hardaway/Mullins was a deadly NBA jam combo!

my god....

4.5sec left, down by one, ball inbounded to Lebron...and he passes to UDONIS HASLEM FOR THE WIN....clank. This friggin guy.....

my god....

4.5sec left, down by one, ball inbounded to Lebron...and he passes to UDONIS HASLEM FOR THE WIN....clank. This friggin guy.....

Damn, somebody beat me. Let's face it, he can't win. Dude has 17 in the 4th quarter to even give his team a chance and he gets ragged on. Good times.

Just like the all star game, he does all the work and then passes when the game is on the line. Best no pressure player in NBA history.

my god....

yea i really don't understand it, he can't be afraid to miss at the end, it's going to happen. I dont know any stats, but I bet over the courses of their careers mj, bird, or magic missed more than they made at the buzzer. It's not easy, but you have to be willing to try.

yea i really don't understand it, he can't be afraid to miss at the end, it's going to happen. I dont know any stats, but I bet over the courses of their careers mj, bird, or magic missed more than they made at the buzzer. It's not easy, but you have to be willing to try.

Definitely. When he's in a groove Lebron's step back jumper is pretty deadly, id sure as hell take that over a 19 footer from Haslem, regardless of how open he is. Plus, 4.5sec is an eternity! drive to the hoop! Post up! do the things that get you 17 points in a quarter!

my god....

He should've split the double team and driven to the hoop. Haslem has been cold all season. None of this happens if D-wade doesn't foul Harris on a 3pt shot and again with the game tying basket. Give Utah credit though as they had the heat down by 18 late in 3rd and didn't give up.

- Just tap it in Happy. Taaaaappp it in!

I can't believe he passed. I thought he would've wanted to make up for the all star game.

Damn, somebody beat me. Let's face it, he can't win. Dude has 17 in the 4th quarter to even give his team a chance and he gets ragged on. Good times.

He played great for most of the quarter. Its just the stigma now, that with the game on the line, the greatest of the greats want the ball in their hand to make "things" happen. James could be that guy with his incredible athleticism, but time after time, he gives it up. Unselfish play is one thing, this is something else.

I just saw the highlights of the Heat game... Wow. Most fail.

He played great for most of the quarter. Its just the stigma now, that with the game on the line, the greatest of the greats want the ball in their hand to make "things" happen. James could be that guy with his incredible athleticism, but time after time, he gives it up. Unselfish play is one thing, this is something else.

Guess I just see it differently. I didn't really think it was a bad play at all, shrug. I seem to remember him taking tons of game ending shots in Cleveland and he took plenty last year, idk.

Guess I just see it differently. I didn't really think it was a bad play at all, shrug. I seem to remember him taking tons of game ending shots in Cleveland and he took plenty last year, idk.

I agree. LeBron made an intelligent basketball play. Can't fault him for playing smart. He would look like a genius if Haslem could make an elbow jumper. At least that's my take on it.

Like I said, he's in a lose lose situation regardless of what anyone says. If he takes the shot and misses it, people castrate him. If he takes the shot and misses it and doesn't pass to a wide open teammate he gets castrated. If he passes to a wide open teammate out of a double team and the teammate misses he gets castrated. Honestly I didn't watch the game because I was doing some other things, but I really don't put a ton of stock in the regular season anyway. Media needs something to write about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back