2012 THP Fantasy Golf

Changing the subject - is there somewhere I can read up on FG strategy? I have no idea what I am doing and wondering if I am hoarding starts too much or if there are rules of thumb I am missing. This week I started Westwood then switched in Rory after round 2 - talk about getting it bass-ackwards!

Its a gamble. You arent supposed to know what people are going to shoot, before they shoot it.
Changing the subject - is there somewhere I can read up on FG strategy? I have no idea what I am doing and wondering if I am hoarding starts too much or if there are rules of thumb I am missing. This week I started Westwood then switched in Rory after round 2 - talk about getting it bass-ackwards!

To me the only thing you can hope for at this point is to be able to start your guys for all four rounds (so that you don't use starts for as many players) and to make sure you have a full squad make the cut. Right now, it's kind of hard to say what strategy is the best as far as distributing starts. Until we reach later in the season, and some folks start running out of their starts for a Tiger or Rory etc, things don't really even out.

damn down to 4th overall, fugly week for me

Could be another big week with all the big guns playing. Gives us lots of choices. Makes for good weeks or bad depending on if your big boys play well.

Hey guys, I am one of the THP members who would like to get in. Though I am new with relatively (very) low post count, I know I will be a frequent member for time to come. Do you think it would be wise for a guy like myself to start up a new thread with another league?

Permitting I am not intruding on any forum rules, I would be willing to set up such thing...
You are always welcome to start your own league, in my opinion. Might want to clear it with JB or GolferGal first though!

However, if Puttin4Bird doesn't start it it won't be discussed or included in this thread, I don't think. He has to start it because he is running this thing. And at the moment, I don't know that there is any plans just yet to start another group.

Fantasy golf sucks, because I am terrible at it! hahaha.

It's a long season though, and I'm hoping the people at the top have their bad weeks like us bottom dwellers are having!

I only have 2 Americans on my team this week and both are sitting the bench to start.

Its a gamble. You arent supposed to know what people are going to shoot, before they shoot it.

I never switch out players unless they MC. If they've been on my bench the 1st 3 rds and have a chance at a top3, I'll put them in on Sunday for possible bonus points. The only other times I switch players is if it's a multi-course event and one course is supposedly easier than the other. Or, if there is bad weather expected and it's only supposed to effect the AM group or the PM group, but not both.

But, what do I know. I can't crack the Top 10 in League 1.

I never switch out players unless they MC. If they've been on my bench the 1st 3 rds and have a chance at a top3, I'll put them in on Sunday for possible bonus points. The only other times I switch players is if it's a multi-course event and one course is supposedly easier than the other. Or, if there is bad weather expected and it's only supposed to effect the AM group or the PM group, but not both.

But, what do I know. I can't crack the Top 10 in League 1.

Last week was the first week i did not make a single adjustment and it was my highest scoring week so far...but it probably was for a lot of people.

Last week was the first week i did not make a single adjustment and it was my highest scoring week so far...but it probably was for a lot of people.
Not me, haha. I dropped 7 spots last week!

Man, I hate to sound like a bad guy, but there are quite a few names I dont even recognize on those lists. The guy in 1st place has ZERO posts.

Yeah, you would think he would at least post on this thread to trash talk about being in first!

I am in 5th overall...other than the guy who doesn't post, group 2 in kicking everybodys butt!

I'm so incredibly bad at this. I forgot about the first 2 weeks, but it's no excuse for my inability to not suck.

Tap before talk.

Latest standings for all 3 groups.

Group1.jpg

Group2.jpg

Group3.jpg

4th Overall.....not bad....but Keagan and Eldrick cost me dearly yesterday....thank goodness for Rory and Charl both having good days or I really would have been sunk.

I love seeing my name above Cookie's....I think I'll keep it there for a while.

Moving Westy out and putting Justin Rose in turned out to be a genius move that I pulled late Wednesday night. I'm the smartest man in the world.

Moving Westy out and putting Justin Rose in turned out to be a genius move that I pulled late Wednesday night. I'm the smartest man in the world.

LOL, well done! Your Rose bonus points bounced you up there. No worries though, I plan on taking that spot back this week.

Moving Westy out and putting Justin Rose in turned out to be a genius move that I pulled late Wednesday night. I'm the smartest man in the world who is still looking up in the standings.

fify p4b

Moved up 5 spots to 27th in my group after 165 points this week.

LOL, well done! Your Rose bonus points bounced you up there. No worries though, I plan on taking that spot back this week.
I got so lucky with that Rose move, 9 times out of 10 that move backfires on me. I will admit I was lucky there. But you won't be nudging me out anytime soon!

HAHAHA! Great fify, rep added!

I got so lucky with that Rose move, 9 times out of 10 that move backfires on me. I will admit I was lucky there. But you won't be nudging me out anytime soon!

HAHAHA! Great fify, rep added!

thanks, thought u would like that...Ive been awul lately guessing on the players to start for round 1, bench always outperforms starters, then I mix it up and it backfires the other way

Moved up to #13, considering 4 weeks ago I was something like #42, that's a good rise.

my gosh I am doing so bad. I was so close to top 10 too...

I'm banking on having strong players toward the end of the season when the rest of you guys have a bunch of no names... :alien2:

Back