The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a rant for you: I don't want people to be turned off of this great website and community due to personal attacks. Let's all be civil.

Boom. This.

Here's some civility for my guy JN...

JR - you're my boy. Don't let anyone get you down because you're young. Keep up the good work in the Ping thread.

Because 9,800 of them aren't interested in testing. So if you don't sign up for testing you don't care about the website?

Kevin

I think it is just another way to support the site that everybody loves. I come here mostly to talk about golf with my friends. I sign up for testing and respond in testing threads to learn about new stuff. I think it would benefit others to sign up for the same reasons.

I don't know what I think of a blanket criticism of holding off on the Polara test. I hit the ball pretty straight, I find almost every fairway. Therefore, it is not something I would be a good tester for. Also, I am not getting to play as much as I like right now, so I don't know if I could test something like that to the best of my ability. It isn't about a big OEM or anything like that, I tested the last installment of the Polaras. I have backed out of several "major" testings recently because of a lack of confidence in my ability to provide weekly feedback. If I stay out of a testing, it is only because I want the best for the forum. Thats all I have ever wanted.

Support man. I guess you don't get that.

The funny thing is, most of the people that are in this thread are probably the biggest supporters on this site. I doubt the people that don't care or are just here to get free stuff come into the random section much.

It's a busy moderating night.

Hang in there Smallville. What thread?

you can twist it which ever way you want. The fact and point of my post is that if isn't a high profile product some people don't sign up. It looks bad. You don't want to test, then don't it your choice and I am fine with that. But then don't sign up when a new driver is offered.

Here's a rant for you: I don't want people to be turned off of this great website and community due to personal attacks. Let's all be civil.

I agree JN...we are not always going to agree with each other, let's try to disagree in a more civil manner if possible.

On a funny (to me) note, I was typing a reply on the testing sign-up topic that just got blown away by a power surge knocking the internet out...guess that was a sign I shouldn't have posted it, huh?

I'm closing in on 57 years old IceJack. There is a tremendous amount of integrity on this site and among its members. I don't think anyone would ever run off with a product. And, I don't think that would ever be part of the selection process.

I hope you get selected to be a tester at some point! :)

Sorry for the late response... I remember you posting in the THP Census thread that you were 16... probably sarcasm lol.

I think its best if people just move on from the subject of testing and signing up.
And the personal attacks NEED to stop now or the people making them can find some place else to make them.

Support man. I guess you don't get that.

Right Grant. I don't understand the support aspect. I sign up for mostly everything regardless. But I don't get it. Albatross club? Nah, I'll just sign up for free stuff instead.

That's not the only way to support this place.

I don't see why anyone besides two people feel like they have any business b*tching and complaining about testing sign ups. And I don't see either one of those two in here. So what if people don't sign up. It's their damn choice. Leave it at that and move on.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I missed some fun apparently. I should really stop eating supper and pay more attention to THP.

I missed some fun apparently. I should really stop eating supper and pay more attention to THP.

If your definition of fun is bashing your head violently against a brick wall, then yes, it was fun.

If your definition of fun is bashing your head violently against a brick wall, then yes, it was fun.

Fun was probably the wrong word. Drama.

I don't see why anyone besides two people feel like they have any business b*tching and complaining about testing sign ups. And I don't see either one of those two in here. So what if people don't sign up. It's their damn choice. Leave it at that and move on.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Quiet down, you.

Kevin

I think its best if people just move on from the subject of testing and signing up.
And the personal attacks NEED to stop now or the people making them can find some place else to make them.

Must be a full moon tonight.

this happened last time Polara had testing. I think people feel like if they get picked they risk not getting picked for something else, when in reality, if you do a knock fdown drag out job it could boost your chances.

I signed up for the Nuun, but not Polara. My reasons being that I don't slice or hook the ball nearly enough to test these on a level that would be a legitimate informative source for those looking into info for these. I could post on distance or feel, but that's about it. But I wouldn't want to take away from the chances for guys that could see and report a marked difference in their game to report good feedback on the true purpose of these balls.

Maybe lots of other people feel this way? I dunno.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I think this needs to be quoted on this page. Let's move on, people!

This made me laugh harder than anything in a while. Well done Nate, well done indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back