Golf Ethics Question

hjimzaf

I beat the Razr Challenge
Reaction score
Handicap
What if you were playing in the club championship tournament finals and the match was halved at the end of 17 holes. You had the honor and hit your ball a modest two hundred fifty yards to the middle of the fairway, leaving a simple six iron to the pin.Your opponent then hits his ball, lofting it deep into the woods to the right of the fairway. Being the golfing gentleman that you are, you help your opponent look for his ball. Just before the permitted five minute search period ends, your opponent says: "Go ahead and hit your second shot and if I don't find it in time, I'll concede the match."

You hit your ball, landing it on the green, stopping about ten feet from the pin. About the time your ball comes to rest, you hear your opponent exclaim from deep in the woods: "I found it!". The second sound you hear is a click, the sound of a club striking a ball and the ball comes sailing out of the woods and lands on the green, stopping no more than six inches from the hole.

Now here is the ethical dilemma: Do you pull the cheating bastard’s ball out of your pocket and confront him with it or do you keep your mouth shut??

So you found his ball and didn't say anything? Did I get that right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So are you saying you took his ball and put it in your pocket? Because I didn't think you could do that.

This was a joke emailed to me, it never happened!

why is the ball in your pocket?

This was a joke emailed to me, it never happened!

In that case, you're the cheater because you picked up his damn golf ball and didn't tell him. Wtc would do that?

I'd sink the birdie putt and then show him the ball

It is a funny joke.

Serious side of me says both are DQ'ed for cheating. :act-up:

That was pretty funny! But even funnier was some people's serious responses!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
That was a pretty good one. I hope people were sarcastically responding to you and not thinking you were serious.

I had a golfing buddy that I swear to God never lost a ball during any round I've ever played with him, and he was in the rough quite a bit. Often times, his pockets looked a bit lighter after he "found" and played his ball.

I have actually did this to my buddy in our weekly friendly games. Since we are in the desert, we get to play desert rules were if your ball hits and rolls out of the fairway you can pick your ball back up and put it back on the edge of the fairway with a 1 stroke penatly. Well he is very bad about hooking the ball out and always "finds" his ball, and plays polara's so it is easy to tell his from all the others. While helping him look, he said that he found it and headed back to the fairway and I found his actual ball while walking back. I let him finish the hole and then put the ball on top of his beer in the cart and he just looked at it, grabbed the score card and erased the 5 and wrote a 6 with nothing said!

Read the same post on the other site yesterday lol

Someone also wrote about how they were playing PB once and hitting into the sun. After one of the guys looked and looked for his ball he finally "found it" behind the green (par 3). When his partner went to pull the flagstick...out came a ball :)

I know a guy that always "miraculously" finds his ball even in the worst situation and usually about 30 yards further up the fairway that it was when it went in...LOL

Last year during a golf match some kid hit a drive into the woods, climbed up a cliff to look for it, and claimed he found it at rest on top of a rock. How would that even happen? I just lol'ed when I heard about it.

Read the same post on the other site yesterday lol

Someone also wrote about how they were playing PB once and hitting into the sun. After one of the guys looked and looked for his ball he finally "found it" behind the green (par 3). When his partner went to pull the flagstick...out came a ball :)

Here's what I'd say, "If you want credit for this (the ball in the cup), you're buying me drinks for more than just today!"

I know a guy that always "miraculously" finds his ball even in the worst situation and usually about 30 yards further up the fairway that it was when it went in...LOL
Haha, yeah we have a guy at our club that does similar stuff. He has the fastest cart (lives on the course) and always seems to find his ball with a relatively good lie each and every time he's somewhere near the trouble. Cracks me up, I don't even bother saying anything....not my place unless we're in a match or something.

That's pretty funny. What's even funnier are the people treating this as a serious question.

hahahahahahahahahaha Very funny

Haha, yeah we have a guy at our club that does similar stuff. He has the fastest cart (lives on the course) and always seems to find his ball with a relatively good lie each and every time he's somewhere near the trouble. Cracks me up, I don't even bother saying anything....not my place unless we're in a match or something.

Thats the way I look at it too, al long as its for fun,mthen he ain't hurting nobody but himself

Back