What is consider a dumb purchase?

No one can make a stupid purchase except for yourself. I never think other people make stupid purchases but I have considered purchases I've made in the past stupid after regretting it for whatever reason. People can spend their money however they like.

No one can make a stupid purchase except for yourself. I never think other people make stupid purchases but I have considered purchases I've made in the past stupid after regretting it for whatever reason. People can spend their money however they like.

This, I think sums it up well. Stupid purchases are stupid in retrospect, they become stupid when you start regretting the purchase. Also I agree with the part about no one else can make a stupid purchase, it is their money, they can declare it stupid if they wish but I shouldn't.

I have so more wedges than I can remember and rotate them into the bag on a regular basis, no regret, not stupid . I have a driver that I used a week and hate it, wish I never bought it, stupid.

Yeah I think there are stupid purchases when someone buys a driver that is one year newer then their current driver but doesn't perform any better. That being said,use your own money as you wish

Tappin!

Everything I buy is dumb. Lol. It took me awhile but I think I found my set :)

I won't judge. I've wasted plenty of money on golf.

Same here...and it's all good in some way.

Now, I have to go and find a way to get my bag onto my unicorn named Charlie...:D

Everything I buy is dumb. Lol. It took me awhile but I think I found my set :)

Nah dude, you work hard, and let's be honest, sometimes the best part about "finding" your set is getting there.

Nah dude, you work hard, and let's be honest, sometimes the best part about "finding" your set is getting there.

True. If I didn't have so much ot I wouldn't be like this. But now I'm good with what I have, more money to put aside for the outing

I have never spent over $100 for shoes, let alone golf shoes. Till today. Just got me new PUMA Cell Fusion 3 Pro's. There is no crazy purchase any more.

Everyday on here I read about purchaces that others have made and if I made the same buy it would be stupid only because I know what I'm willing to pay for something. It's someone else's money and however someone want's to spend their cash is their choice

I actually think there are such things as dumb purchases, even if you have the money. If you've got a 25 handicap and swing your driver at 85 m.p.h. then purchasing, as an example, Titleist 712MBs with PX 6.5 shafts is dumb. I don't care if you just won MegaMillions.

I actually think there are such things as dumb purchases, even if you have the money. If you've got a 25 handicap and swing your driver at 85 m.p.h. then purchasing, as an example, Titleist 712MBs with PX 6.5 shafts is dumb. I don't care if you just won MegaMillions.

I believe in fitting and knowing your spec's, but its YOUR money, so why can't you play whatever the heck you want whether it fits or not?

I've never understood why someone cares so much what someone spends their money on. Play what you like...

Even if its a Crameron. Hehehe

I believe in fitting and knowing your spec's, but its YOUR money, so why can't you play whatever the heck you want whether it fits or not?

I've never understood why someone cares so much what someone spends their money on. Play what you like...

Even if its a Crameron. Hehehe
Touche!

I don't care what other people are playing. I'm just saying that there is such a thing as a dumb purchase. Play what you want. Buy what you want. It doesn't matter to me. But that doesn't make it any more/less dumb.

This is an AWESOME thread, and no, I don't think there is such thing as a dumb purchase as long as people are buying what THEY want, not what they read someone else wanted. It's their money, and they are entitled to acquire awesome things at their own pace.

I do have an experience that always makes me laugh.. One of my old college golfing friends who is a great dude, refuses to play anything other than ProV golf balls. Buys them by the dozen, and loses anywhere from 3-6 balls on average when we play together. I remember showing up with a new putter (cost me right around 300 dollars) and he could not stop talking about how silly it was to spend that kind of money on a putter. Well, he played so poorly, that at the turn he had to go into the pro shop to buy more golf balls, and sure enough, he comes back out with a new box of ProV's and proceeded to lose well over a dozen of them that day.

Meanwhile, my 300 dollar putter remained in my bag, rolling the same e series Bridgestone golf ball I started the round with.. I tried to give him a few found golf balls throughout the round be he wanted nothing to do with them. Maybe I'll give him a call and ask him to tally his ProV purchases this year to see how many 300 dollar putters he could have in his bag if he'd just buy a cheaper ball.

$100 socks are still a dumb purchase.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an AWESOME thread, and no, I don't think there is such thing as a dumb purchase as long as people are buying what THEY want, not what they read someone else wanted. It's their money, and they are entitled to acquire awesome things at their own pace.

I do have an experience that always makes me laugh.. One of my old college golfing friends who is a great dude, refuses to play anything other than ProV golf balls. Buys them by the dozen, and loses anywhere from 3-6 balls on average when we play together. I remember showing up with a new putter (cost me right around 300 dollars) and he could not stop talking about how silly it was to spend that kind of money on a putter. Well, he played so poorly, that at the turn he had to go into the pro shop to buy more golf balls, and sure enough, he comes back out with a new box of ProV's and proceeded to lose well over a dozen of them that day.

Meanwhile, my 300 dollar putter remained in my bag, rolling the same e series Bridgestone golf ball I started the round with.. I tried to give him a few found golf balls throughout the round be he wanted nothing to do with them. Maybe I'll give him a call and ask him to tally his ProV purchases this year to see how many 300 dollar putters he could have in his bag if he'd just buy a cheaper ball.

Hahahaha, thats awesome Dan. Its funny, when I play with the golf team at the HS I teach at I always toss them any ProV I find and it blows their mind. I'd like to know how much of the budget the coach uses on their printed ProV's throughout the season honestly LOL

As I read through various threads about socks, tees, putters, drivers...etc.
I notice that there is alway someone or someones that say ' that's way to expensive' or 'I would never pay that much for that'
When do we draw the line? What is a truly dumb purchase? Am I a nut if I pay $500 for the latest driver? Or if I shell out a honeybone ($100) for 5 pairs of socks? What is a truly crazy purchase? Is there truly such a thing?

I'm curious because I look at what's in the bag and the average guy on here has well over 2k in there bag. Some buy the latest and greatest, all the time. I actually see nothing wrong with it because as individuals we can do what we want with out hard earned cash. So I ask is there truly a stupid purchase?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uql0a2

Depends on who you ask. If you ask my wife and it's golf related then everything is a dumb purchase.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?e130s3

It all depends on each individuals personal finances. If you have it, and want to put 10 grand into your bag, by all means, do it, but if I did it, that would be stupid. JMO.

I agree with this quote. Everyone's situation is different. It would be stupid for to put 10K into my bag but if I had won the Megamillions recently the sky is the limit.

i make lots of dumb purchases but honestly my putters make me happy and who needs a house fund anyways. i can always rent forever or marry a chick who has a house! Thats why im a problem solver.

Back