Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

Nice early feedback Jake and Hawk. Jake I like how you said it makes you tee the ball up higher, that's something I'm working on with my drivers as well. I definitely prefer to tee it low and I think that robs me of some yardage.

Hawk thanks for showing the headcover, it looks pretty good IMO. Looking forward to hearing more since I hoard 3 woods

We know what you mean by all that beating around the bush, while this club is nice its no Tour quality stick for the TMex.

I just mean if you look at it the shelf, its usually a pass. Not anymore different than not picking up a another club because of its grip color or hideous cavity :)

All you testers should have fun with this one.

Nice start to the testing guy's, this looks like an allstar cast and should be about as solid a testing as we have ever seen. Congrats to all the testers.

Nice initial thought, Hawk and Jake. I can't wait until you get more into the testing and get more used to these.

I dont really see how the slot is distracting. For me I dont find it distracting in the least.
It's not to me, I don't even notice it in the hybrids anymore.

Hawk I like the intial thoughts and vids you posted. The higher ball flight will be benefical, don't you think? Would you say it's easier to swing than the mashie?

Puttin4birds I always enjoy your vids and LOL at your daughter talking about ladybugs. i like the sound I was hearing and that swing you put on it was healthy. thanks for your feedback, I too enjoy the new Graf Blue.

Hawk I like the intial thoughts and vids you posted. The higher ball flight will be benefical, don't you think? Would you say it's easier to swing than the mashie?

Puttin4birds I always enjoy your vids and LOL at your daughter talking about ladybugs. i like the sound I was hearing and that swing you put on it was healthy. thanks for your feedback, I too enjoy the new Graf Blue.

Time will tell regarding ball flight. I feel like I hit my current fairway high enough, but I'd like to see how they compare on a nice, calm day. The distance was basically the same, but the Mashie was consistently closer to where I was aiming. I don't know if I can give a real judgement on it being easier or harder to swing yet. Going by results from one round, I'd say no it isn't, but I'm definitely not going to rush to judgement.

Thanks Hawk, I'll wait till you get into the club a little more before I ask anymore questions. I know what you are saying. I liked the feel when I tested it the week before last when I was looking for a new 3W. But the numbers didn't fit as well
Time will tell regarding ball flight. I feel like I hit my current fairway high enough, but I'd like to see how they compare on a nice, calm day. The distance was basically the same, but the Mashie was consistently closer to where I was aiming. I don't know if I can give a real judgement on it being easier or harder to swing yet. Going by results from one round, I'd say no it isn't, but I'm definitely not going to rush to judgement.

Thanks Hawk, I'll wait till you get into the club a little more before I ask anymore questions. I know what you are saying. I liked the feel when I tested it the week before last when I was looking for a new 3W. But the numbers didn't fit as well

Ask away! If I have a good answer, I'll just say so ;)

The feel is really bipolar for me. Definitely much better when you hit the center of the face.

Yeah I know what you mean about hitting the club face. I seem to be hitting the center pretty consitantly. I have been wearing the middle out on mine.

That doesn't mean every shot is perfect. There are some issues with me as far as distance losses if I don't release the club just right. My main miss is a high fade that is hmuch shorter than a well struck ball. It almost feels like there are two extremes. One is a low spin bullet, while the other is a huge spinning pooch kick that I could fair catch.

I get the high spinning pooch kick with my Fast 10 sometimes, maybe an Adams trait? Usually high and fading right and might travel 175 yards.

I get the high spinning pooch kick with my Fast 10 sometimes, maybe an Adams trait? Usually high and fading right and might travel 175 yards.

Yeah sounds about right. It's amazing because on one tee box I will get that pooch kick. On the next hole, it's a bomb with just a hint of shape. I'm not disappointed by it. But I do have to focus on what I'm doing.

Yeah sounds about right. It's amazing because on one tee box I will get that pooch kick. On the next hole, it's a bomb with just a hint of shape. I'm not disappointed by it. But I do have to focus on what I'm doing.

Yep, exactly. And it doesnt feel like anything. I can feel when I get one in on the heal or out off the toe, but those pooch kicks give zero feedback, at least for me.

Yep, exactly. And it doesnt feel like anything. I can feel when I get one in on the heal or out off the toe, but those pooch kicks give zero feedback, at least for me.

There is a stoutness to the club when I get the center of the face. Like it feels powerful. When it's hit off of the toe and dies, you're right, it feels like a pillow.

Can't wait till mine shows up on Friday. I'm hoping to take it to the range right away and get some instant feedback. For those who have hit the FW already, with the larger face is it harder to hit off the deck? I can't wait to see how it performs off the tee as a Driver alternative!

The face didn't seem overy large to me. I don't have them here, but I seem to recall the face being fairly shallow. I didn't hit it really well off the turf over the weekend, but I'm not prepared to say that it had anything to do with the club lol. I was able to get it airborne just fine, but wasn't very accurate.

This is interesting to me. So you're saying that every so often with your Fast10 you get a shot that just comes off real weak and you don't get the distance and accuracy you always get? I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that with this one but I can't say I remember anything like that happening while I was testing the Speedline F11 driver for the THP review.

This is interesting to me. So you're saying that every so often with your Fast10 you get a shot that just comes off real weak and you don't get the distance and accuracy you always get? I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that with this one but I can't say I remember anything like that happening while I was testing the Speedline F11 driver for the THP review.

It is a very odd thing to experience. It almost feels as you whiffed a shot. You get zero feedback, nothing. I think it comes from a result of too steep an angle of attack and hitting down on the ball, but I don't get that feeling from it and my swing felt the same as other drives that day that didn't have near that type of reaction. One particular driver I can think of is on a par 4 that plays about 15 feet uphill and then droppes into a blind landing area about 45 feet below the level of the tee box, plays about 440 from the back, and I can usually get it just inside the 150 marker. But on this drive, didn't feel like I hit it good, but not bad either, just kinda blah (that zero feedback), and it went no where but straight up, bleeding to the right and then plopping down about 170 yards out. No marks on the face, nothing. It was like I hit a 170 yard sandwedge...that flew like a sandwedge. And i have had that happen a few times. Like blugold said, when you hit it flush, its a feeling I haven't felt with any other driver, but when you miss it, it lets you know. Smallish sweetspot maybe? But this pooch punt mishit is odd, and I can't really figure it out what produces it. And it seems unreplicatable, unless it just happens.

I'v hit a F11 and was underimpressed. It might have been the shaft, (RIP Yellow eyes, I don't get along with Aldilia shafts) but I didn't think it had near the pop of the Fast 10. I'll be curious to see if any testers sees this with the Fast 12 or think it has a smallish sweetspot compared to other drivers.

That's some good info on previous Adams drivers Playdough, I'll definitely be on the lookout for anything similar from the Fast12. So far I can't speak to anything like that but then again I've only been able to hit it on the range for that one session (approx 30 balls). I'll report everything I see with the new one as will all the other testers so if it's there we'll find it.

The face didn't seem overy large to me. I don't have them here, but I seem to recall the face being fairly shallow. I didn't hit it really well off the turf over the weekend, but I'm not prepared to say that it had anything to do with the club lol. I was able to get it airborne just fine, but wasn't very accurate.

Hawk, sounds good, just going off what pics I saw so far. Scale sometimes seem off in them! I can't wait to see it in person.

Does the inconsistency not bother you at all?

Does the inconsistency not bother you at all?

Of course it does. But I believe that it isn't the club's fault. Like I said, I think it is a swing flaw that is exaggerated by the club. It would be nice if I could find a club that could put enough lipstick on the pig that is my swing. I don't think I have had a good swing react with that fluffy fade. It's always that swing that just didn't feel right.

Of course it does. But I believe that it isn't the club's fault. Like I said, I think it is a swing flaw that is exaggerated by the club. It would be nice if I could find a club that could put enough lipstick on the pig that is my swing. I don't think I have had a good swing react with that fluffy fade. It's always that swing that just didn't feel right.

obviously everyone has the same problem one way or another hence the adjustability your finding in clubs now but even if you can adjust a club and people are still having problems then where do they go next?

obviously everyone has the same problem one way or another hence the adjustability your finding in clubs now but even if you can adjust a club and people are still having problems then where do they go next?

Your local PGA Teaching Professional for lessons.

Back