The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's the truth. I have had "real" mexican a few times and there is quite the difference.

Very true. I like both too.

Im upset that you didnt get my thats what she said. I'm sensitve today.

Even then AZ has a bunch of places that are authentic. Authentic crap.

haha I totally glossed over it like a smooth RMac swing

You should try the butter crunch blue bell ice cream, it is insanely good.

that sounds insanely good. Give me some details.

Werent we talking about diets..haha

LOL oops

my 4th attempt at ordering something through golfsmith (first 3 times have not turned out well), had to call and big shock im sitting on hold forever

Yessir. I hear "man they were a horrible teacher"... well you know what? It gets worse when they replace teacher with boss! Something they have to deal with. The best part is you hear 20 years... that horrible teacher turned out to be the best teacher I ever had.

Kids have a HUGE sense of entitlement now that I just do not understand. The majority simply don't want to have to work for it, they want it spoon fed to them. I'm only 10 years removes from HS, but the ways that kids have changed since then scares the bejeesus out of me. Add to it we just keep heaping standardized test that don't tell us anything about that student and its only going to get more and more apathetic. Sad.

Kids have a HUGE sense of entitlement now that I just do not understand. The majority simply don't want to have to work for it, they want it spoon fed to them. I'm only 10 years removes from HS, but the ways that kids have changed since then scares the bejeesus out of me. Add to it we just keep heaping standardized test that don't tell us anything about that student and its only going to get more and more apathetic. Sad.

This is one of the reasons I decided not to be a teacher. I was viewed as a good student, but I would not have wanted to have me in a class. I made good grades, but I was not the best student and if they liked me, then how bad are the bad kids?

Werent we talking about diets..haha
Shhh, dont say that.

Very true. I like both too.

haha I totally glossed over it like a smooth RMac swing

that sounds insanely good. Give me some details.

LOL oops
Blue Bell vanilla ice cream + butterfinger pieces. Amazing.

It sure is dude. I know I wasnt the best student but man, its just scary the parents are even part of the turdage.

This is one of the reasons I decided not to be a teacher. I was viewed as a good student, but I would not have wanted to have me in a class. I made good grades, but I was not the best student and if they liked me, then how bad are the bad kids?

Bad. And we are going to (soon I fear) pass legislation teachers will be paid according to how their kids test on the national standardized tests. When you have kids that simply do not care, you can't make them care by telling them what they make determines what you get paid, kids could care less about that.

My days in education are nearing a close. I want out, 4 years (when wife is out of residency) can secure that. I love and have a true passion to teach, I hate the education system therefore its time to go. Maybe something in the golf industry, maybe a stay at home dad, hell I don't know.

Yes, I weep for my future as these will be the ones leading the country, taking care of the new baby boomer generation, etc. Suddenly Canada doesn't sound so bad...

It sure is dude. I know I wasnt the best student but man, its just scary the parents are even part of the turdage.

Yep, hell, I've told you guys umpteen stories about parents calling to ask "why are you failing my kid", it gets old and depressing. My mom would have asked, "how much do I need to beat my kid".

This is so true. We have two teenage boys in our house. ANYTHING of mine that goes missing I know right where to go look. Their rooms or the ones car. Its unreal the stuff they assume ownership of for whatever reason. I have a set of those BowFlex dumbbells that you turn to get the weight you want. Well one day I go down to work out. Gone! Im like wtf how do my dumbbells just up and get gone. I shat you not they were in the ones car. In his got dang car! I wanted to flip out. But I didnt as they dont seem to respond to the flip out method very well.

This is so true. We have two teenage boys in our house. ANYTHING of mine that goes missing I know right where to go look. Their rooms or the ones car. Its unreal the stuff they assume ownership of for whatever reason. I have a set of those BowFlex dumbbells that you turn to get the weight you want. Well one day I go down to work out. Gone! Im like wtf how do my dumbbells just up and get gone. I shat you not they were in the ones car. In his got dang car! I wanted to flip out. But I didnt as they dont seem to respond to the flip out method very well.

Nope, they just stare right through you blank faced.

I'm serious, for every one "good" and quality student I have that cares, there are 10 that don't...and I'm in a small town.

STILL on hold at Golfsmith, must not want my money

As a student, I completely agree with what is being said.

Yep, hell, I've told you guys umpteen stories about parents calling to ask "why are you failing my kid", it gets old and depressing. My mom would have asked, "how much do I need to beat my kid".

That makes me sick man. When I was younger, my parents made my teacher send home daily notes on how I behaved in class. It was not my teacher's fault, it was mine and it helped shape me in a very positive way. I learned about authority and respect. These lessons I have taken with me. The bad thing it taught me was how to toe the line I suppose. In high school, I would talk in class and be a little bit of a distractor, but I guess I was not that bad as I was in the CP and honors classes so nobody would really feed off of me. I could see how it would be very bad when one student feeds off another.

Nope, they just stare right through you blank faced.

I'm serious, for every one "good" and quality student I have that cares, there are 10 that don't...and I'm in a small town.

I believe it. While I was between "good" jobs I did work with one of the school districts in Delaware. WOW! Talk about scary. From the middle schools up to the High Schools the kids were simply wild. Teachers were scared of them and there was NO respect. I had girls say things to me that were in middle and junior HS that would have been like something a hooker would say. Its mind bottling.

Jeez, Jman. Don't you know that nobody is allowed to fail these days? Everybody wins = a world full of mediocrity.

Yeah..... KMAC SMASH!

The swimmers in my windy pouch are screaming at me to send them to private school when they become people.

I will put it this way: I am not a good student. I make good grades, but I am not a good student. I don't study like I should, I don't do my homework like I should, and the teachers adore me. Makes you wonder, how bad are the kids the teachers don't like?

And of course sales dept cant help me, gotta transfer me to customer service...back on hold i go

And of course sales dept cant help me, gotta transfer me to customer service...back on hold i go

Try talking to a sattellite internet company sometime.

You might as well give up. Golfsmith customer service is terrible.

so the hold music stopped, its dead air now, also dialed on my cell phone, hopefully the answer one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back