Interesting Tiger Woods Family Story

What a sad read, he needs his FAMILY's help more than ever and one of those family members that could help, won't. What a joke!

We will never hear Tiger's "side" or anything, which definitely makes this piece stand out because we know what we wont get. It could be all there is to the story but I don'tknow. Hate seeing anyone suffer.

What I'm about to say is going to not go over well so just be warned.

And it's one side of the story. Is Reilly a Tiger fan?

In no way would I ever treat my family like this... regardless of blood relation. So easy to jump to conclusions.

You'd think that would be how it should work, but it doesn't always. It just struck me as a little odd, especially since he is close to Cheyenne. It sounds like there is more to the story than we know.

I agree with both of you. I have said before that there are a few people on here who could make me look like Satan's illegitimate nephew if they chose to.

I have two reactions to this story. One is exactly the same as Hawk and TMex, but the other is outrage at a bad situation that Tiger's brother is in. I don't know the whole story so I just bounce back and forth between logic and emotion.

RR did exactly what he wanted, told a one sided story that may or not be true. On the eve the Masters from a man that hates everything about TW.

As a few have said, they didn't even know TW had sibs. But what's funny is TW has a vested interest in Cheyenne Woods, his niece or that is what has been said.

And only the family knows the truth behind it and the situation. The story is sad that is a fact but we will never know the dynamic in the woods household or family.

Nah Seth, I felt the same way reading it. I've been close to a person that suffered from MS and it was very sad to watch his health detiorate. The tie-in to their relationship with Tiger just seemed to be missing something.

This is such a telling story about Mr. Eldrick. What a great guy.
RR did exactly what he wanted to do with this piece, tell one side of a sad story to get this type of response.

RR did exactly what he wanted, told a one sided story that may or not be true. On the eve the Masters from a man that hates everything about TW.

As a few have said, they didn't even know TW had sibs. But what's funny is TW has a vested interest in Cheyenne Woods, his niece or that is what has been said.

And only the family knows the truth behind it and the situation. The story is sad that is a fact but we will never know the dynamic in the woods household or family.
I agree, Freddie. Family dynamics when it comes to money is always like this. "We haven't asked for anything, etc etc." Could there be issues with his half-siblings that Tiger wants to stay away from? Maybe he doesnt want to be involved with the children from his Father's first marriage? Im not saying Tiger is a stand up guy, but I think there is more to this story. However, I feel for Kevin Woods, as MS is a terrible diagnosis. It says a lot about Kevin as a person that, even with this his condition and ailments, he is still a fan of his half-brother.

Tiger is obviously not a good person, but I can't imagine him being this vile. It just doesn't make sense. I want to hear the other side of it all.

Tiger is obviously not a good person, but I can't imagine him being this vile. It just doesn't make sense. I want to hear the other side of it all.
Exactly my thoughts, JR.

It's sad they don't have a relationship, but maybe their relationship was "hi, how are you?" once a year on Christmas. They maybe only saw each other when tiger was with earl. It did say that the relationship ended around college. I wish his brother the best. It's just hard for me to think you have to help people because they have half the same blood. We have to be nice to anyone with our bloodline, but if that same person had no relation to you, you might really not care for them. I have cousins Ive seen 5 times in 28 years, and I don't know why I should do more for them then someone I've seen every day for 25 years just because they are my dads sisters kids. Maybe I'm wrong. If tiger cares for the guy he absolutely should help. If he doesn't, I don't think he is more responsible because he's successful when he has family that is close.

I'm sure it's not the whole story, but it is some of it, nonetheless.

The worse part of this is that Reilly used to be a great writer, now he has reduced himself to a hack desperate for a headline.

I no longer speak to my half sister, I would hate to see what some people would have to say about me if they only heard her side of the story.

What Tiger did to his wife and children is despicable, but this is horrible journalism, that doesn't do anything.

This is very sad. But this crap happens between family all the time, let alone half brothers and sisters that you never lived with. I'm sure there are many angles to this story.

I can empathize. All of my siblings are half brothers/sister and I had a step sister for 8 years. Reverse order for me and Tiger; I am the oldest and my parents remarried and along came my half brothers/sister.

It is unexplainable to others but it creates a sense of being individualistic/alone/independent to the extent of probably being unhealthy.

It takes real effort to stay close to my siblings even though I love them all dearly, but it is easy and natural for them to be close to each other having had the same parents parents.

I would like to think that if I were in a position similar to Tiger's and able to help any of my siblings, that I would. But I can empathize with his situation and understand the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality that has always been there for me too, no matter how much I wish I was wired differently.

My initial reaction is this is borderline unfair journalism. Tiger obviously isn't going to respond during the week of the Masters so the story portrayed is one sided. Even if Tiger was willing to respond the story puts him in a corner - the most plausible explanations force him to publicly throw mud at relatives. It is a no win situation. If I remember correctly Reilly has had an axe to grind with Tiger.

The family says they don't want money in one breath then in the next say a caregiver would be nice. So they are asking for money. He already bought one of them a house. We don't know what transpired from the time he was 15 or 16 until now that lead to them not having a relationship. But think about that - he's basically had no relationship with them for the better part of 20 years then they show up asking for money and when they don't get the money they go public. It isn't like they were completely close and Tiger slammed the door in their faces. I think there's another side of this story that we're not hearing about.

If its true Tigers a douche, but something just doesn't seem right to me. The timing sure is good!

The worse part of this is that Reilly used to be a great writer, now he has reduced himself to a hack desperate for a headline.

I no longer speak to my half sister, I would hate to see what some people would have to say about me if they only heard her side of the story.

What Tiger did to his wife and children is despicable, but this is horrible journalism, that doesn't do anything.
My best friend growing up had to spend Holidays with his Mother's children from her first marriage, and it made him absolutely miserable. They would be around him, bashing his father for being the reason that their mother/father got a divorce and generally made him feel guilty about it all. He always would say that he couldnt wait for the day that he never had to see them again. This kind of situation is tough on kids when they are growing up, would love to hear Tiger's side of it, but I have a feeling Tiger doesnt have any desire to drag his side out in public.

Something just doesn't feel right about this story. Not that I don't beleive him but it just feels like there's only half the story here. The timing of this is most peculiar.....it'll be curious to see if TW's agent will have any comment on this like anything else that is anti-Tiger

I read the article that the OP shared. My opinion of TW did not change one bit. Reading a one-sided story and making judgments on that is a mistake IMO.

I've been vocal about Tiger being a turd in the past, but this is one of those times I feel like we aren't getting the full story. Seems like the media is an odd place to air family grievances to me.

Yup agreed!

I don't talk to my step siblings (only one who is extremely close) as they are/were very jealous that I played high competitive sports and went around the world with hockey and vacations (And they did not). And they are all in there 30's and i was only 15-19 and then once i made it big they would flip the switch and try to contact me and get free tickets all the time. Which i would not respond like Tiger..

We don't know what happened but this story to me is like them begging for Tiger to pay there house off and him to pay for care. First off the disease is awful and shouldn't come upon anyone! But i think its time shut up and get over it.

Yup agreed!

I don't talk to my step siblings (only one who is extremely close) as they are/were very jealous that I played high competitive sports and went around the world with hockey and vacations (And they did not). And they are all in there 30's and i was only 15-19 and then once i made it big they would flip the switch and try to contact me and get free tickets all the time. Which i would not respond like Tiger..

We don't know what happened but this story to me is like them begging for Tiger to pay there house off and him to pay for care. First off the disease is awful and shouldn't come upon anyone! But i think its time shut up and get over it.
The article clearly stated they didnt want money, they just need a caregiver for him and the house to be paid for.

If I had Tiger money, nobody in my family would have a house payment. I would not pave their way, but I would help out of 30 years of commitment.

This. They would have really had to do something awful to have me not help them out.
If I had Tiger money, nobody in my family would have a house payment. I would not pave their way, but I would help out of 30 years of commitment.

The article clearly stated they didnt want money, they just need a caregiver for him and the house to be paid for.

Hey Tiger, I'm not asking for money....

But

Can you please buy me a Bentley :)

I'm asking for a car not money!

Hey Tiger, I'm not asking for money....

But

Can you please buy me a Bentley :)

I'm asking for a car not money!
...Exactly

This is my last comment, and although i do agree if i won the lottery or came across a high sum of money.. My close-direct family would never have a house payment or any problems in life. But we also shouldn't judge him about how he uses or spends his money because simply he earned it. His family did not. The richest man in the world(Warren Buffet) in 2009 with 69 billion and now 3 riches in the world doesn't buy his kids or grandkids new houses, no car's nothing.. He pays for one thing and thats all there schooling thats it. He thinks he made his own path so should they, if he worked hard they can to. And in some parts i agree with that also. Obviously they will get it all soon enough, but until then he wants them to work hard and deserve it until then

Back