Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I feel a lefty lovefest coming on...haha...

Jeebus! JB's worse than your date on prom night.

Jeebus! JB's worse than your date on prom night.

Then you had the wrong date. :D

Sent over for THP Demo Day as well as Tour Van dates.

JB: I am guessing this is going into the Tour Van for the mobile demo days?

I sure did dude!

I hope I have the chance to swing that sucker in a few days.

About time I chimed in as well.

I went with the following for my driver order:

Cleveland Classic 310
9.5 deg
45.75"
Kusala Black 72X (5689)

I couldn't pass up the forgiveness and ball flight I got when hit side by side with the Cleveland Black. Although I like the looks of the Black A LOT more, I went with performance. I hit it a lot better.

Seeing as how JB already has his in (although that's a lefty...hmmm), these could come in real quick. Beyond excited to get out on the course with the new driver. Looking forward to hearing and adding more to the feedback on the Cleveland drivers.

Dang, the Classic is so good JB can hit it from both sides? :bulgy-eyes:

Cleveland Classic 310
9.5 deg
45.75"
Kusala Black 72X (5689)

I couldn't pass up the forgiveness and ball flight I got when hit side by side with the Cleveland Black. Although I like the looks of the Black A LOT more, I went with performance. I hit it a lot better.

Seeing as how JB already has his in (although that's a lefty...hmmm), these could come in real quick. Beyond excited to get out on the course with the new driver. Looking forward to hearing and adding more to the feedback on the Cleveland drivers.

Nice choice dude! I reckon that's a good shaft for you.

Dang, the Classic is so good JB can hit it from both sides? :bulgy-eyes:

Yep, the Classic is THAT forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you had the wrong date. :D

Sent over for THP Demo Day as well as Tour Van dates.

JB: I am guessing this is going into the Tour Van for the mobile demo days?

Look up

I sure did dude!

I hope I have the chance to swing that sucker in a few days.

Me too dude.

Cleveland Classic 310
9.5 deg
45.75"
Kusala Black 72X (5689)

Not my driver as I ordered the same as you guys.
Question for you. Can I ask why you went with the 310 with a low launching shaft? Isnt that a full degree open and I always thought you preferred neutral like the 290 offers. I also thought you hit a really low tee shot already. Not questioning of course, just genuinely curious.

Yep, the Classic is THAT forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He must of watched Bullfrog's MC entry video again and decided to try it!:bulgy-eyes:

Maybe this is Bubba Watson having a negative effect on JB? He doesn't need a lesson to learn how to hit from both sides and the Cleveland Classic makes it easier.

Look up

Me too dude.

Not my driver as I ordered the same as you guys.
Question for you. Can I ask why you went with the 310 with a low launching shaft? Isnt that a full degree open and I always thought you preferred neutral like the 290 offers. I also thought you hit a really low tee shot already. Not questioning of course, just genuinely curious.
Couple of reasons:

1. Results hitting it side by side with other 2 offerings and my swing change has improved a few things.

2. Liked the added weight and main reason I went with the heavier and lower flighted Kusala black...more weight. Didn't need a lighter club for head speed and really did not care for the overly light drivers.

3. The open face allows me to hit that natural cut a little easier on command, yet can still control just a standard tee shot. I saw the best of both worlds with the open face.

4. I went back to an older driver with an open face and lower flighted shaft and it's worked out and prevented me from a balloon and large amount of back and side spin I was getting with the R11 and PX combo...this was magnified after my swing change and needed to make a driver change.

Just when I think I've decided on my new driver I check back into this thread. I went to a range on the weekend and they had a demo classic 290 10.5* in a regular flex and also a demo Razr Fit in a regular too which are the two drivers I was seriously pondering. I took them both out to the range and started hitting them. The Razr Fit got put down pretty quickly, couldn't feel ok with it even after fiddling with the settings.
That Classic though. WOW. I was putting the range balls out to 270 yards average with the odd one getting out towards 300 and I was lucky to get my superfast out to 250 at the same time, same conditions, same balls. Even better was these things were just dead straight bombs. There wasn't even a fade, just dead straight, whereas my superfast was fading and slicing with the same swing. I love cleveland gear, it's always been a brand I've liked, especially their wedges but I've never really considered a driver from them. That may well change in the next couple of weeks, going to face it off against the G20 as I really want one of those pink ones they are bringing out. Might have to get 2 drivers, either of them can be used as art when not being played.
Then after coming and reading this thread again... I don't stand a chance, have put the credit cards away so I can't go buying online tonight.

Biggsy,
Thanks for the info. That thing will be a low launching rocket launcher.

Biggsy,
Thanks for the info. That thing will be a low launching rocket launcher.
I'm hoping it's a good combo. Really excited about this driver offering from Cleveland. I'm still not crazy about the looks, but the performance I've seen from the several times I've demoed recently are just eye-popping.

Biggsy, when we first met, didn't you own a FT Tour driver?

Man, I hope these things ship fast.

Maybe this is Bubba Watson having a negative effect on JB? He doesn't need a lesson to learn how to hit from both sides and the Cleveland Classic makes it easier.

Hey if I could hit the ball like Bubba does ( the distance and hooks like that one to win this past weekend ) I would try hitting left handed!!! :bye:

That's correct. Good memory.

Yeah dude, it's the best I've ever seen you hit driver to be honest. I can see why you made the decision you did for sure. You never lost that driver right like you would with the white one. At least from my observations.

Yeah dude, it's the best I've ever seen you hit driver to be honest. I can see why you made the decision you did for sure. You never lost that driver right like you would with the white one. At least from my observations.
You are right and that is 1 degree open as well. Then I hit the SF at the very first demo day and outing and got one and then the FT was put away. I could never get the white one dialed in and wore out the adjustments on it. I just ended up with too much back and side spin.

OK now you guys have me pondering shafts again for this driver. I hope to get on a moniter with it on Saturday and see what happens.

You are right and that is 1 degree open as well. Then I hit the SF at the very first demo day and outing and got one and then the FT was put away. I could never get the white one dialed in and wore out the adjustments on it. I just ended up with too much back and side spin.

Not trying to go too far off topic but the ft tour was one of the most solid drivers I've ever owned. I actually hit my longest drive to date with it. I never had a problem losing it right. The only downfall was that it was no where near as forgiving on mishits as other drivers that came out around that same time. My good swings resulted in rockets, but slight mishits were just punished too severely for me. I honestly feel like the classic has a lot of the same great characteristics but with the added forgiveness that we all want.

Back