What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 holes (skins game with two friends) in some slight drizzle. Temperature was in the low 40s but with the northern wind it felt much colder...could probably have started snowing if it just had dropped a fraction.

Shot -1 with a very mixed bag. Some heroics and some incredibly bad shots.

6 GIR's already Kmac? That's definitely mcook territory. I sure am glad you got out there.

Nice round Kmac! Definitely cookie territory but I did manage 8 GIR's today.

Tale of two 9's today for me. Consistent 20-30 MPH winds today from the south.

Solid front 9 with a 40. Terrible back 9 of 47 which included a quad on 11 and then 3 more doubles along the way. Putted great on the front but terrible on the back.

Just a weird day overall, oh well. Getting back out tomorrow early if the storms don't keep us off.

Did have 2 birdies on par 3's today.....168 yarder to 5 feet and 145 yarder to 3 feet.

With wind and tons of rollout, had 3 drives in the 290-305 range. Even on hole 1 dead into the 20-25 MPH wind, I moved it out there 246 yards. Pretty darn happy with the driver!

Great round Kmac. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow early so I can get some crape done around the house later

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That is what I am finding dude. I am just finding more and more fairways with it. Ironically my last round with war.eagle and Tadashi, I did not have my Mashie FW and used a driver off every hole. I shot 92 or so. The next round I had it and hit it off every tee and shot even par. Now keep in mind that most of that was not just the tee shot, but there is something very good about being in the fairway each time.

Exactly what I saw today too. It was like Mashie into the FW and then that = a GIR. Hard to argue with that.

Nice round on a tight course Kmac, rolling the Manta today?

Is that the scorecard from Golfshot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dude. Yeah I guess thats what I did with the Manta, lol. Freakin 35 putts. Yeah that is the Golfshot app. I cut that screenshot out of the email that golfshot sends after you complet the round.

Played my nine-hole home course twice. 1st time was from the back tees (3400yards), and shot 47. Nothing great but nothing bad either. Then replayed from the front tees (3250), and shot 53! Keep driving or hitting approach shots just under trees, where I could only punch out instead of hitting short irons to the greens. When I did find the fairway, my irons were hitting three inches before the ball -- very frustrating! Not going to drop the handicap this way!

Nice round Kmac! Definitely cookie territory but I did manage 8 GIR's today.

Tale of two 9's today for me. Consistent 20-30 MPH winds today from the south.

Solid front 9 with a 40. Terrible back 9 of 47 which included a quad on 11 and then 3 more doubles along the way. Putted great on the front but terrible on the back.

Just a weird day overall, oh well. Getting back out tomorrow early if the storms don't keep us off.

Did have 2 birdies on par 3's today.....168 yarder to 5 feet and 145 yarder to 3 feet.

With wind and tons of rollout, had 3 drives in the 290-305 range. Even on hole 1 dead into the 20-25 MPH wind, I moved it out there 246 yards. Pretty darn happy with the driver!

Solid dude. Birds are always a good thing and 8 GIR's is stout. Youre killing that driver man.

Great round Kmac. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow early so I can get some crape done around the house later

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Chunky, good luck if you get out.

Walked 18 today, I'm really enjoying the walking. I shot 45/40 for an 85. I couldn't get off the tee on the front but recovered a bit on the back. It could have been better but its a step in the right direction.

Nice round Kmac, that Mashie FW has me pondering pretty hard. Glad to see you back out there putting out some good scores.

Cookie with another good round, with 8 gir's and some more bombs off the tee. I did something similar to you with putting yesterday, 19 putts on the front, 12 on the back! WTC man, sometimes it just is what it is.

Walked 18 today, I'm really enjoying the walking. I shot 45/40 for an 85. I couldn't get off the tee on the front but recovered a bit on the back. It could have been better but its a step in the right direction.

Well done bro. I reckon I unboxed my GROM so I can start walking when I join the club. The wifey and I checked out pool and clubhouse earlier today. It looks like I'll be a member come May 1.

Nice round Kmac, that Mashie FW has me pondering pretty hard. Glad to see you back out there putting out some good scores.

Cookie with another good round, with 8 gir's and some more bombs off the tee. I did something similar to you with putting yesterday, 19 putts on the front, 12 on the back! WTC man, sometimes it just is what it is.

Thanks bud! I am torn between course management and being aggressive as TC has been eluding to. Tried to play safe on one hole and yank 3 wood dead left into hazard. Man up and hit driver! I am committed to making driver my "go to" shot off the tee. No reliance on a safe 3 wood here. I can screw up 3 wood just as good as I can screw up driver. Ha

Thanks bud! I am torn between course management and being aggressive as TC has been eluding to. Tried to play safe on one hole and yank 3 wood dead left into hazard. Man up and hit driver! I am committed to making driver my "go to" shot off the tee. No reliance on a safe 3 wood here. I can screw up 3 wood just as good as I can screw up driver. Ha

I approve dude. Golf can be had if you're striping the driver.

Well done bro. I reckon I unboxed my GROM so I can start walking when I join the club. The wifey and I checked out pool and clubhouse earlier today. It looks like I'll be a member come May 1.
Thats awesome bro, I miss walking golf courses since I joined my club. Its cart only due to the elevation changes and distance between tees. I'm stocked you get to join a club dude, there is nothing else like it.
I played super aggressive yesterday and shot my best round of the year cookie. The only time I didn't hit driver off the tee was on one short par 4 where you just can't hit driver. I'm calling it playing aggressively smart. I agree that driver should be your go to club off the tee if you need to hit a fairway, I think you need to be confindent in that club.

Kmac on the come back trail, nice to have a reliable wood in the bag. Nice to not have to think so hard. Keep it up!

Kmac on the come back trail, nice to have a reliable wood in the bag. Nice to not have to think so hard. Keep it up!

You got that right Tdog. Appreciate it man. Still left a lot of shots out there but its a good start.

+13 on a shorter par 71 course, but I'd never seen it before so not too shabby. 42/42-84

Shot 73, +2. Short game was on, had 7 one putts on the back nine. Solid day on all facets of my game.

That sounds great man! I know the wife and kids will enjoy the pool. I think you'll enjoy the walking, I know I am. It makes me feel like playing has a dual purpose, practice and exercise. I feel like I'm close to playing good golf but keep making stupid mistakes and end up scrambling.

I shot an 86 - another really solid ball-striking round. I shot a 45 on the front, 41 on the back. I still had 4 3-putts so I definitely need to clean up my work with the flatstick. However, I hit a lot of quality shots. It was a nice round on a shorter, narrow course.

Played like crap in rain, wind, and cold. Worst I have played in a while. Shot 82...back to the practice range tomorrow, geesh.

98 @ Laurentide today, Pete got 102 and Kyle 91. Overcast and just right, little windy. Round 4.5 in the books.

78 from the whites at Tustin Ranch Golf Course. I usually play the tips but the 3 some I joined was playing the whites and since I have never played the whites before I said "what the heck." Was fun hitting Driver, Wedge all day. :p

That is what I am finding dude. I am just finding more and more fairways with it. Ironically my last round with war.eagle and Tadashi, I did not have my Mashie FW and used a driver off every hole. I shot 92 or so. The next round I had it and hit it off every tee and shot even par. Now keep in mind that most of that was not just the tee shot, but there is something very good about being in the fairway each time.

I was digging around in my stats app and looked at what my FW hit/miss leads to. So far this year:
After FW hit: Birdie 47% Par 47% Bogey 5%
After FW miss: Birdie 17% Par: 58% Bogey 24%

Finding the short grass is HUGE.

I was digging around in my stats app and looked at what my FW hit/miss leads to. So far this year:
After FW hit: Birdie 47% Par 47% Bogey 5%
After FW miss: Birdie 17% Par: 58% Bogey 24%

Finding the short grass is HUGE.

Those stats dont lie. I agree 100% with this and today was a big eye opener for me.

Those stats dont lie. I agree 100% with this and today was a big eye opener for me.

Note that this is at my home course - which is a pretty darn open place. There're holes where you can snap a hook 150 yards left and still find it perfectly playable. You may have to cross two fairways, but still. If this was at a tighter course the drop in birdie % wouldn't be 30, it'd be 45+...along with the bogey% going up and the par% down.

I repeat: finding the fairway is huge. Ask Tiger.

Shot 71 (+1) in cool, windy conditions today. I guess you could say it was an up and down round but the flat stick was on fire. I finished the day with 5 birdies and 6 bogies. I birdied the 3 toughest holes on the course and bogied 4 of the 5 par 3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back