The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised it lasted that long. I don't think I was too out of line saying this probably isn't the area for it. Kudos.
I'm just glad no one quoted it and made me have to remove it twice!

The slow play thing directly depends on what else I have scheduled for the day. If I am playing a 4 man scramble, I don't care if the round takes 8 hours. But if I am by myself and have work to do at home, I can't wait that long. I'm not good enough to worry about breaking my rhythm or anything like that. A nice day and good company makes for a good round no matter how long it takes. I have enough stress in my life without adding to it with something that is supposed to be a relaxing hobby for me.

Overly packed public driving ranges. Wind. Driving ranges that are like hitting out of a big sand dune. I honestly feel like I've been at the beach. I have sand ingrained everywhere on me. I hit half a bucket and left. No point in even trying to work on my game

I don't mind slow players, but slow play is just frustrating. Take all the time you want preparing for a shot or whatever but at least play ready golf. IE, don't go driving to every ball waiting on each person to swing. Park the cart and walk!

I agree 10000%. I don't mind people that have their own rhythm or whatever when preparing for a shot. That's a part of golf. But the other crap that causes 6 hour rounds I can do without. Around here, the courses have a lot to do with that too. They're teeing people off every 3 minutes and then surprised when people complain about 6 hour rounds. It's gotten very frustrating

I actually walk to my ball if I am the passenger so that when my partner hits I am ready to pull the trigger. It's not that difficult and I am not sure why more people don't do that.
I swear you should have to pass a course on golf not just the swing. More folks need to learn to speed it up.
I don't mind slow players, but slow play is just frustrating. Take all the time you want preparing for a shot or whatever but at least play ready golf. IE, don't go driving to every ball waiting on each person to swing. Park the cart and walk!

I actually walk to my ball if I am the passenger so that when my partner hits I am ready to pull the trigger. It's not that difficult and I am not sure why more people don't do that.
I swear you should have to pass a course on golf not just the swing. More folks need to learn to speed it up.

i do this too all the time.... plus it gives me a chance to think about my shot and what i want to do.

I will do that too, but not always. The GPS is on the cart and unless whoever I am riding with doesn't need it, it helps the round go quicker if everyone knows the yardage. Sometimes I'll walk when I need to get it together.

But we usually play in well under four hours (in a foursome) unless it's backed up.

I will do that too, but not always. The GPS is on the cart and unless whoever I am riding with doesn't need it, it helps the round go quicker if everyone knows the yardage. Sometimes I'll walk when I need to get it together.

But we usually play in well under four hours (in a foursome) unless it's backed up.

why i love my bushnell hybrid just carry it with me and gives me a place to rest my grips on my clubs if its wet

I've learned to scope my yardage off the 200,150 and 100. Gps is great but I can usually get within a few yards of my distance so taking a couple wrenches and strolling is never an issue.
I understand that some folks need the gps so its cool. And four hours is more than exceptable. 4.5 on a not so packed day....makes me nuts

why i love my bushnell hybrid just carry it with me and gives me a place to rest my grips on my clubs if its wet
I can carry my GPS too, but prefer to share it! Wouldn't be as bad if the guy I play with most would get one too! haha

I've learned to scope my yardage off the 200,150 and 100. Gps is great but I can usually get within a few yards of my distance so taking a couple wrenches and strolling is never an issue.
I understand that some folks need the gps so its cool. And four hours is more than exceptable. 4.5 on a not so packed day....makes me nuts
I lean on the GPS a lot, probably more than I should. Guess I could take it and leave the laser with them in the cart. But the GPS is easier for most since you just look down at it instead of trying to hit a target with a laser.

I can carry my GPS too, but prefer to share it! Wouldn't be as bad if the guy I play with most would get one too! haha

I lean on the GPS a lot, probably more than I should. Guess I could take it and leave the laser with them in the cart. But the GPS is easier for most since you just look down at it instead of trying to hit a target with a laser.

yeah i know its nice when 2 guys have it i usually give them a number quick before i walk over though...

I do the same thing buddy and so does everybody else at my course and it is considered proper ettiquite for hitting your ball. IT doesn't who is driving the cart, but the persons whose ball is further should take two or three clubs and walk up to their ball so they are ready to go. Also if you are close enough take your putter with you do you can just walk up to the green.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same thing buddy and so does everybody else at my course and it is considered proper ettiquite for hitting your ball. IT doesn't who is driving the cart, but the persons whose ball is further should take two or three clubs and walk up to their ball so they are ready to go. Also if you are close enough take your putter with you do you can just walk up to the green.

don't tempt me to move north!

don't tempt me to move north!

I just may, but I warn you we are much bigger folk than those tiny delaware dudes.

Had a first today. While driving back from central Jersey, an old decrepit man driving a Buick Century was swaying back and forth between his lane, my lane, and the lane to his left. I go to pass him and he sways into my lane slightly, just before I get to his car to pass. I give a small beep of the horn, nothing ridiculous, just to let him know I was there and to be careful. I then pass him and he has his curled up, arthritic middle finger shaking at me. I was so shocked that I put on the brakes, thereby allowing him to hit me with another blast of geriatric malice. I end up passing him for good, but wow!

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Had a first today. While driving back from central Jersey, an old decrepit man driving a Buick Century was swaying back and forth between his lane, my lane, and the lane to his left. I go to pass him and he sways into my lane slightly, just before I get to his car to pass. I give a small beep of the horn, nothing ridiculous, just to let him know I was there and to be careful. I then pass him and he has his curled up, arthritic middle finger shaking at me. I was so shocked that I put on the brakes, thereby allowing him to hit me with another blast of geriatric malice. I end up passing him for good, but wow!

That was you?

Haha, maybe he just picked his nose and wanted to show you.

I feel as if I have not been active enough lately.

Having little to no money in my bank account I think is a good rant

I was about to make the same rant. I have about 3 dollars in checking right now.
Having little to no money in my bank account I think is a good rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back