Your Least Favorite Yardage

90 to 110 yards is my least favorite. My AW seems to be very inconsistent for me.

110-115 yards. Can't get their with a PW and will over shoot with a 9i.

4 feet sounds about right for me too....but in terms of real yardages I would guess maybe 210 - 220. I just replaced my 2i with a hybrid that I hope will fill this gap better, but I haven't had the chance to hit it on the course yet. Next would be probably 140-150. I've got a couple different shots I can play there and neither of them are comfortable for some reason. The same shots at other yardages are fine.

200. Tweener land for me, take the 4i? Take the 19.5? I always seem to pick wrong.

Gimme 4 footers all day long compared to that dang shot.

Same here, except I don't have a 4iron. I try to not leave myself this distance ever.

50 to 80 ish. So many options of shots. Too many to mess with my mind!

35 to 60 with a front pin. It really should be played as a bump and run, but you just can't count on the bump direction. That shot hurts me lot.

Same here, except I don't have a 4iron. I try to not leave myself this distance ever.

same here hate running into 200+ yard par 3's its in my head soon as i read it on the scorecard.

A 20 foot putt for triple. Can't stand that shot.

Probably the 150... my 8i isn't quite there, and the 7 is wayy too far. Another would be the 100, since it's right between my 52 and PW

50 yards with a wide open green. I try and get too cute and blow it.

I can't really think of one distance that I struggle with consistently. I'm just not very consistent on any of them. I hit both good and bad shots from every distance.

Anything that requires me to swing a putter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

180. I can get a 5 iron there, theoretically. In reality? Not quite.

Its gotta be the half-wedge area of 50-60 yards. Its something I do not practice enough and pay the price when faced with that distance. It hurts worse to miss the green from that close with a wedge in your hand than miss from 200 with a 4i.

210 is my least favorite. Too long for the 4 iron unless I kill it and a little short for the 3 hybrid.
When I back off on the hybrid, I tend to really turn it over way too much.

50-70 yards. Getting better at this shot but still the shot that I probably mess up more than any other.
Me too, then I three putt.

50-70 yards, really awkward, also 60 foot green side bunker shot

For me 40 to 60 yards especially when going to a two tier green and the pin is on the 2nd tier!.

Anything further away than 3 feet.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Wind dependent, it's about 200 yards. Have to hit my 4i really well, or really lay off my 5 wood. Luckily, I almost never have that yardage. In all honesty, I'd still rather that shot all day than a 50+ foot putt. I'm way more likely to 3-putt from there than have anything but a good chance at up and down with the 200 yard shot.

any chip shot near the green is #1, ask anyone that has golfed with me, im terrible

#2-70 yards kills me

Dont really wannna try to step on a 58* as that leads to a nice thin shot
and I dont want to try to take too much off of a 54* as I tend to decel and then **ank it

working on getting better

For me I guess it has to be that 180 to 195 yardage, like another member said it's always an adventure when I get to see those numbers on the iPhone.

120 ... 9i is always long, PW is always short unless I catch it on the screws with a proper divot.

Question for you guys that have a hard time in the 40-80 range. Do you guys play knock down type shots or are you trying to put everything up in the air? Personally I love those distances as I can play a low trajectory, high spin knock down that will check like no other. Obviously a bunker would make you re-think your approach.

I would say around 40-80 yards. I CAN NOT pull off half swings with my wedges. A full swing with my 56* is right around 80-85 yards, and I can open it up some and hit a full shot about 35-40 yards. I have a big gap that I am very inconsistant in.

Back