Your Least Favorite Yardage

For me its the 30 to 50 yard range. Too short to just choke way down on the lob wedge and swing full, too long to use a chipping motion.

For me has to be around 170 -180 yards. I need a good hit 4 iron for that but most of the time I don't hit it flush. Next club is my 3 hybrid that I hit well but thats my 190 club and my 5 iron my 170 yards club. Leaves me a large 20 yard gap!

I'm pretty confident in my wedges and hybrid. For me it's the 3 wood range, anything 215 and up out of the fairway. Also not as bad, I have a pretty decent gap between my PW and the Gap wedge. I can hit my PW 120 - 125 and my GW 100 - 110, sometimes i'm indecisive in that range too.

160 to 170 I don't know what's same club.
Over the green one time next time 5 yards short.
Just baffling stuff lol....

I am not a fan of anything around 50 yards and in. I never know what to do. Half swing, 1/4 swing, chip? I over think those shots.

Today it was 85 to 100.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Anything lesss than 75 yards....I am toast. I normally talk ugly to myself about trying something that can't do. But thanks to a fantastic THP member and MC Captain, I am getting ready to focus and zero in on this part of my game!!

Anywhere from three to 60 feet.

Changing my answer from 6 months ago. I'd say 210-220 yards. It's distance I can cover, but I always seem to feel like I have to swing harder than I need to, which causes bad things.

I am not a fan of anything around 50 yards and in. I never know what to do. Half swing, 1/4 swing, chip? I over think those shots.

The over thinking bug gets me too! I'm an analytical person anyway so when I get started my mind just races with different scenarios. Even ones I've never practiced.

Anything from 220 to 240 into a green terrifies me.

Anything from 220 to 240 into a green terrifies me.

Agreed. I can't hit my hybrid at all. So I either hit a choke down 3 wood or my 4 iron.

120 yards. Between the wedge (135) and the 54 (110). When my game is on and I am practicing, I can hit a knockdown wedge that flies about 120. When I haven't been practicing the shot, though, things can get scary.

When I'm having a bad round, I am usually 120ish for several approach shots.

240-250yds and not being able to run the ball up to hit that number.

50-70 yards, really awkward, also 60 foot green side bunker shot

so I posted these a few months ago, and now that I have the Taylormade ATV, this yardage is no longer my weakness but now my strength.

50-70 yards. Getting better at this shot but still the shot that I probably mess up more than any other.

This one right here.

60-80 Completely in between for me. Can't stand that yardage.

I used to be scared of 30-100 yards, but since my lesson a few months ago my distance control with my wedges has been awesome. Now I'm not really more scared by one yardage than any other.

Have you been struggling with your 5i again? :alien:

No. More like 5 wood. But I'm working hard to become better with hitting it off of the deck.

80 and in for me... I am working really hard on my short game though

140-165, anything that involves an iron currently. Got to the stage of taking 3/4 hit with my Mashie rather than a 6i. My iron play has just gone to pieces recently and no idea why

Last edited:
100 yards

too far for my sand wedge, and for some reason I stink at trying to take a little off of a gap wedge....this yardage cripples me

Back