Putter Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
might be able to get a new putter tomorrow with all of the birthday i am getting (2 weeks late -_-). I took a few swings with the seemore si1, 2, and the FGP at GG the other day, i liked the si1 and FGP, but with the si2, i didn't even have to aim, and i sank about 4 20ft'ers in a row with it.. liking it a lot, but i know there are a lot more out there and probably some even better ones. only reason i am contemplating a new flat stick is because i hate that my current putter doesn't have an insert. i hate how the ball comes off of it. i like the weight, look, feel, etc., but i hate the roll. any other suggestions for a mild door-swinger looking to spend the least amount possible?

check these cleveland classic putters out, for $49 they are a steal! They have a few selections sand models too, you mat find a good one

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/16300/refScid/1062

i-cc6mallet.jpg

im cheap, but not that cheap... i'll spend the money if that's what it takes.. i just mean i want to spend as little as possible because if i buy the wrong thing, i don't have the money to buy the right one.. and i'm not a fan of cleveland putters..

In that case, you may like some of the taylormade ghost putters, they have the pure roll insert and I get a lot of decent roll on mine, but they tend to be anywhere from 120-180, it's not too bad though and you can easily change weights on some of them to customize. these are my top choices

Spider ghost

spider_ghost_face.jpg

Corza ghost

images

and Daytona ghost
TaylorMade-Tour-Daytona-Ghost-Putter.jpg

Ever thought of gaming anything from Bettinardi or PING? They both make good flatsticks and have a variety of different models.

I was in the same boat. I wanted to give SeeMore a try but didn't want to drop too much dough. I just got the Si2 about a week or so ago and I am loving it. They can be had for some really great deals on eBay. I got a brand new, black finish, Si2 for $59.99 shipped.

Im a little confused, so before I offer any advice, can you help with a few things?
1. If the SeeMore worked without you having to aim, what would be something "better"?
2. You said Im cheap but not that cheap and you dont want to purchase wrong, so have to be right the first time. But the cost of the other putters costs twice as much as the Classic from Cleveland, so wouldnt that mean, you could be wrong and purchase two Clevelands for the price of one other putter? Heck really three? Or is it that its an image thing and you want something a little more expensive?

I think "putter suggestions" is a bad idea. (just my opinion). I've been pretty fortunate lately to have some friends and family give me a few putters (most of them would be considered high dollar); and I've tried to play with all of them, but I always go back to the Ping I bought last year for $129. There are a lot of Scotty fans on THP, and I have a few but don't care to play any of them. I haven't found 1 Scotty that "I" thinks rolls well and straight for me.

Only you will know what feels right. Again, just my opinion.

Im a little confused, so before I offer any advice, can you help with a few things?
1. If the SeeMore worked without you having to aim, what would be something "better"?
2. You said Im cheap but not that cheap and you dont want to purchase wrong, so have to be right the first time. But the cost of the other putters costs twice as much as the Classic from Cleveland, so wouldnt that mean, you could be wrong and purchase two Clevelands for the price of one other putter? Heck really three? Or is it that its an image thing and you want something a little more expensive?

like i said the first time, i've never liked cleveland putters, let alone any other cleveland clubs..

I think "putter suggestions" is a bad idea. (just my opinion). I've been pretty fortunate lately to have some friends and family give me a few putters (most of them would be considered high dollar); and I've tried to play with all of them, but I always go back to the Ping I bought last year for $129. There are a lot of Scotty fans on THP, and I have a few but don't care to play any of them. I haven't found 1 Scotty that "I" thinks rolls well and straight for me.

Only you will know what feels right. Again, just my opinion.

Really? Coulda fooled me. Hehehehe

I actually agree with 2shoes here though. Putters are, IMO, not something that should be recommended by other players who aren't you. Go somewhere and try as many as you can, they are THE most personal club in the entire bag. There is only one way for it to fit your eye and your stroke, get it in your hands and see for yourself.

went to GG and the best one that worked for more was the SeeMore SI3. don't know why i bought it tho, only reason i like it is because it rolls nice. other than that, the putter i have (the white hot) is better in every way. probably going to go return it today.. :banghead:

went to GG and the best one that worked for more was the SeeMore SI3. don't know why i bought it tho, only reason i like it is because it rolls nice. other than that, the putter i have (the white hot) is better in every way. probably going to go return it today.. :banghead:

Can you explain this? What makes it better in every way?

Can you explain this? What makes it better in every way?

I'm also confused. Don't you normally want the putter you roll the best?

my white hot is better to me because it feels good, has better weight, looks better, and is easier to swing. and it's not that mine rolls bad, it's just that it doesn't roll as good as i want it to.. but other than that, it's perfect for me..

my white hot is better to me because it feels good, has better weight, looks better, and is easier to swing. and it's not that mine rolls bad, it's just that it doesn't roll as good as i want it to.. but other than that, it's perfect for me..

Ok but earlier you saidyou couldnt miss with the si2 but then you bought a si3? Still confused.

So, confused.

You also said in your op that your putter didnt have an insert. Doesnt the white hot 7 have an insert?

You also said in your op that your putter didnt have an insert. Doesnt the white hot 7 have an insert?

It does. I used one for a very long time before finding something that worked better (made more putts for me). Its the older insert that is the same material as the exterior of a golf ball (surlyn type).

It does. I used one for a very long time before finding something that worked better (made more putts for me). Its the older insert that is the same material as the exterior of a golf ball (surlyn type).

Sweet now I am even more confused!

It truly is amazing just how far inserts have come and exactly how they started. One place technology really has made a big difference in putters IMO, if you're an insert guy.

Im confused, as well. The other putters make more putts, but your current putter is perfect in every way other than that?

Thats like saying your car is perfect, other than the fact that it doesnt have wheels.

Im confused, as well. The other putters make more putts, but your current putter is perfect in every way other than that?

Thats like saying your car is perfect, other than the fact that it doesnt have wheels.

lol, good analogy. trust me. i'm confused aswell. only thing i don't like about the si3 is that it's center shafted, so it feels like it'd be too easy for me to turn over and pull a putt.

i hope they don't charge me re-stocking :mad:

will go over to the local course and see what they have for putters later today after i play..

Why buy a new putter if the one you have works well? But something else or save it until you really need to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back