Contest - The Players Championship [Spoilers]

That is the entire problem. He is breaking the rules. So are 15 or so other guys every single week. Instead of penalizing them, they put them on the clock. Then if they do it two more times, they get a penalty. The clock does not even carry over to the next day in a tournament, so they reset it. So what takes the PGA Tour 9 holes to put someone on teh clock, only allows 9 more holes for a total of 3 "penalties" to asses a stroke. It makes no sense. It also makes no sense that there seems to be no rules at all on the green. Also makes no sense again that the rule only applies to once you address the ball. This gives certain guys a major pass and only penalizes those like Na and others.

That sounds like a problem in the rules. Or a problem with the Tour. They should be assessing penalties more quickly and not do the whole clock bs. He isn't being given penalties, so that would be the Tour's issue IMO. If they changed the rules and started throwing more penalties out on guys more often, they would probably hurry up.

Is there someone on here that waggles like a lunatic before every shot that can actually explain why it's so necessary?

I shuffle my feet a bit before I swing, but that's only because I'm trying to adjust my line.. I never understood the need to waggle, especially when I hear from Na that he has to do it in pairs.. It's just foreign logic to me.. Like someone turning a light on and off three times before leaving a room.

OCD dude and I deal with it. It sucks big time. But I have found a way to curtail it on the course out of respect to the people I play with.

Is there someone on here that waggles like a lunatic before every shot that can actually explain why it's so necessary?

I shuffle my feet a bit before I swing, but that's only because I'm trying to adjust my line.. I never understood the need to waggle, especially when I hear from Na that he has to do it in pairs.. It's just foreign logic to me.. Like someone turning a light on and off three times before leaving a room.

My waggle is an inch. I do it once, when I'm uncomfortable. I don't even take practice swings, ever.

People taking practice swings p!ss me off enough. If I was playing with this guy I'd be a bigger mental mess than he his.

My waggle is an inch. I do it once, when I'm uncomfortable. I don't even take practice swings, ever.

People taking practice swings p!ss me off enough. If I was playing with this guy I'd be a bigger mental mess than he his.

LOL exactly. If I was paired with this clown on a local course I would be gone after 2 holes. Maybe one.

OCD dude and I deal with it. It sucks big time. But I have found a way to curtail it on the course out of respect to the people I play with.

I should clarify my comment.. That wasn't a shot or a diss at those who deal with that.. I truly feel for anyone who battles with it.

Hopefully my comment didn't come across negatively. kudos to you for dealing with it so well on the course.

I should clarify my comment.. That wasn't a shot or a diss at those who deal with that.. I truly feel for anyone who battles with it.

Hopefully my comment didn't come across negatively. kudos to you for dealing with it so well on the course.

Nope not at all bro. I just know what Kevin Na is talking about. You are telling yourself what you're doing is stupid and then it just snowballs as you get more angry. He just needs to figure out a trigger mechanism before he's completely unable to swing at all. If he isn't careful this is exactly what will happen.

I still think Na will win today. Waggles and all, I think he'll be able to pull it out. I hope Rickie wins though. Back to back would be cool. Like Rickie.

Post college when I was playing almost every day I didn't take practice swings... I felt they were unnecessary..

Now, I take one swing to try and find my range and the swing I want, and then unleash. I've got a few playing buddies who waggle + do a bunch of strange things even on their practice swings and it makes my head spin.. I really want to talk to them to figure out why it helps them.

Why? I can see taking 4,5 or 6 but why does it bother you. Mental issue with your game? If someone has an absurd routine I do not even watch them, just clean my clubs or something.

We have seen what the TM guys will be wearing for today's pink out. How many of the other guys do you think will be sporting the pink?

Seeing some of the range shots it looks like only a few are.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This is just one extreme to the other. I'll take my practice swing just like 99% of the other golfers. I can do it and still play efficiently.

Tiger not sporting any pink at all?

Doesn't look like it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

At first I kind of blew this off, but did mention it to Liz when she happened into the room and her comment made a lot of sense to me. She called him a jackass, lol. She pointed out how most of the tour is willing to show support and if nothing else he should be willing to show compassion for possibly his biggest rival out there's wife in Phil M.

I can't tell if he at least has a ribbon on the hat, but if not, he is a JA.

Just goes to show how big of a jerk wad he really is....how hard is it to at least wear a ribbon on his hat.

Maybe he is wearing pink underwear??

It's a bit of a poor PR decision by the player and their management team... It wouldn't affect their game to sport a pink ribbon velcro patch on a sleeve or cap just as a show of support and respect to survivors and those still battling the disease, many of whom make up the fan base.

He's pro-cancer. That jerk.

That's a joke btw.

Not to mention, the pink thing is also a bow to Mothers Day... Even Tiger has a mother.

I'm sorry but I never understood how wearing a certain color affects anything. If he doesn't wear pink but donates 10k to research, it seems he is doing alot more than the 70 guys wearing pink.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I never understood how wearing a certain color affects anything. If he doesn't wear pink but donates 10k to research, it seems he is doing alot more than the 70 guys wearing pink.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

The ribbons are about awareness. Just a reminder that people are affected every day by a horrible and currently unstoppable disease.

I won't fault someone for not wearing one, but anyone with half a brain knows he should have put one on for PR purposes.

Also, like the poster above said, even Tiger has a mom. She probably hates him too, maybe that's why he doesn't have one on.

I'll usually take a practice swing to loosen back up, then stand behind my ball looking at the shot I want, and take a practice swing to recreate what I want. I pick a spot a foot in front of the ball, take my address, and I'll waggle 3-4 times while shifting my feet a bit to get comfortable, and whack away. Total time, 25 seconds max.

Wow tiger.... he made a big mistake pushing away Haney....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FWIW, Tiger doesnt sport the duck pin to show support for Jarrod Lyle either..

Back