2012 THP Demo Day - Equipment Thread

I saw a Mashie FW in the course's pro shop today before my round...can't wait to hit this thing later this week!

As a rookie to the outing but no rookie to 8 hours on the range, I still have no idea what to expect.
All I know is I want to take at least 10 swings with each club. I'm thinking an hour on and 20 min breaks. Shafts, putters and hybrids are key for me. Some of the iron sets have peaked my interest

I am glad this year all the equipment will be accessible all day. Last year I don't think I got enough time with the putters/wedges and I will look to correct that this year. There are about 4 drivers that really have my interest and then I will go for some irons sets and hybrids so I can contribute with comments after I return.

As a rookie to the outing but no rookie to 8 hours on the range, I still have no idea what to expect.
All I know is I want to take at least 10 swings with each club. I'm thinking an hour on and 20 min breaks. Shafts, putters and hybrids are key for me. Some of the iron sets have peaked my interest

Shafts and wedges are my two

Alright, so I'm starting to map out a bit of what I want to do at Demo Day..

VR_S Driver & Irons
Callaway Forged Wedges
RBZ Hybrids, RW woods, RBZ Driver, ATV Wedges
ZL Encore & AMP Drivers
Ci11 Irons, FG Tour Wedges
Classic Driver
Entire YONEX line
XCG5 Driver
SCOR Wedges

---

Goodness, this is tough. I want to try everything! My list is going to be very driver/wedge dominated though I think.

Steel, that plan will last about 5 minutes dude. Use the notepad then go back and hit things that really impressed you the first time.

--
Tapatalk2

Steel, that plan will last about 5 minutes dude. Use the notepad then go back and hit things that really impressed you the first time.

--
Tapatalk2

Yeah, my plans are going to fail. I just don't want to be completely overwhelmed, hahaha. I'm super excited either way though.

I saw a Mashie FW in the course's pro shop today before my round...can't wait to hit this thing later this week!

Same here wouldn't mind finding a longer 3w for my bag, also really wanna try out the 7w too

Same here wouldn't mind finding a longer 3w for my bag, also really wanna try out the 7w too

The 14* Mashie is an absolute beast. I want to marry this club but it's outlawed in 42 states.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Alright, so I'm starting to map out a bit of what I want to do at Demo Day..

VR_S Driver & Irons
Callaway Forged Wedges
RBZ Hybrids, RW woods, RBZ Driver, ATV Wedges
ZL Encore & AMP Drivers
Ci11 Irons, FG Tour Wedges
Classic Driver
Entire YONEX line
XCG5 Driver
SCOR Wedges

---

Goodness, this is tough. I want to try everything! My list is going to be very driver/wedge dominated though I think.

And that list will be blown to bits when you see all the pretty clubs shining there all nice and neatly lined up for you lol

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

And that list will be blown to bits when you see all the pretty clubs shining there all nice and neatly lined up for you lol

Lol so true. My list can be found on page 1 of this thread. Just plan on hitting everything I can.

The 14* Mashie is an absolute beast. I want to marry this club but it's outlawed in 42 states.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.
yeah that seems to be the consensus which is making the pondering worse

Not to box myself into testing specific items, but I Will be hitting the VRS, long Tom, and maybe a Cleveland classic.

I'd really love to Get on the launch monitor and figure out the shaft dilemma. :)

My hands might fall off. This is going to be painful..and I'm going to be one of the young bucks here. How do all the old farts survive?

:alien:

Totally need a new driver with the right shaft and fairway woods instead of the hodge podge that I have now.

Wedges will be nice too! Mine are at least 6 years old

Lol so true. My list can be found on page 1 of this thread. Just plan on hitting everything I can.

It'll be like Dontari Poe looking at the menu and saying 'ok'

It'll be like Dontari Poe looking at the menu and saying 'ok'

Haha, my list of clubs I plan to demo can be found on the first page, post #1...all of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, my list of clubs I plan to demo can be found on the first page, post #1...all of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

This is my same approach.

+1

This is my same approach.
I can see you standing by all the clubs...

Have you hit this one yet? "Yep"
This one? "Yep"
That one? "yep"
etc, etc, etc

I can see you standing by all the clubs...

Have you hit this one yet? "Yep"
This one? "Yep"
That one? "yep"
etc, etc, etc

Haha yeah pretty much how it goes. These next three days can't go by fast enough.

I take my Aleve in advance because I know whats coming.

I take my Aleve in advance because I know whats coming.

Are there going to be benches/chairs at the driving range? I expect there to be a bunch of worn out THPers! (And I fully expect me to be one of them!)

Most of took a seat on the grass in the shade last year.

Back