Big Break Atlantis

I stayed there about 25 years ago, the hotel was there but there wasn't any of the other stuff, no golf course, no swimming with the dolphins.

There is this amazing French monastery there though. Some guy with more money than brains had it disassembled and shipped stone by stone to Paradise Island and then reassembled there complete with all the gardens, just beautiful

I watched 15 minutes last night. Now, I realize that GC is looking for good ratings, and when half the cast are also part-time models, in the Bahamas, that's good for ratings. Annnd, I felt like I saw more golf in 15 minutes than I saw in 3 episodes last season. But when the women were starting to bicker at breakfast, I just turned it off.

I don't mind the rather blatant camera angles for sex appeal, but if I wanted to watch clashing, and primarily ultra bi***y women fighting with each other, I'll flip to any other major network and watch normal reality TV......or watch reruns of Rock of Love.

~Rock

My wife was giving me $h!t for watching last night, I was loving it.
She was watching & cheering for the good looking Cuban guy in Dancing w/ the Stars, so we're even :good:

I hear ya ... I was inconsolable when Meghan was ousted (my wife was laughing so hard at my reaction & knew why I liked Meghan). Could NOT believe it. Well, one thing is for certain ... it isn't fixed, if it was, they would have found a way to keep Meghan in it until the last round for ratings.

maybe they will do one of those deals where the eliminated can fight there way back in

my fiancee looked at me last night after i turned it on and said, "if you're gonna watch big-boobed break, i'll see ya when you come to bed. i'll go watch somethin else"...i was gonna reply but, was laughing to hard.

My wife was giving me $h!t for watching last night, I was loving it.
She was watching & cheering for the good looking Cuban guy in Dancing w/ the Stars, so we're even :good:

my wife also called it Big Boobs Atlantis. lol....i actually thought was a pretty good one on her part.

i lost the fight though....we watched AGT and then DWTS. DVR for the win!

I only watched the first 30 minutes or so but the girl from Texas has the most annoying voice ever and the "Green Golfer" is ultra annoying.

My wife and I watched it last night, any she laughed like crazy at it, mainly at how terrible the girls seemed in the first putting section.

I feel bad for the girl who was eliminated. If I had a chance to play college golf, I would not let that opportunity go by. Risking it all, and going pro, to be on the big break, in my opinion isn't worth the risk.

I only watched the first 30 minutes or so but the girl from Texas has the most annoying voice ever and the "Green Golfer" is ultra annoying.

+1&+2 on both, my wife and I agreed. I don't know if I'll last the whole season, I'll give it another shot next week, but my interest is not as high after watching the first show.

Yeah, I don't think I can sit through 8 weeks of that texican's squeaky voice. Worse than nails on a chalkboard

(For you youngun's who have never seen a chalkboard trust me, it's a really horrible sound)

I don't think the expectation for these girls matches reality on the putting challenge. I'm seeing words like terrible, awful, etc. The PGA Tour average from 7' is 60%. These girls were trying it barefoot, with no warmup, no time on a practice green, no anything; just step up and hit. Cut 'em some slack. It's tough.

My favorite by far is Allison. She drilled that putt and seems to be herself and not a character.

My least favorite is Zakiya. I don't care for girls who try really hard to project the image of being "fierce". It seems contrived. I also hate her outfits. Shannon is a close second with her voice and general demeanor.

My favorite by far is Allison. She drilled that putt and seems to be herself and not a character.

Kaymer is one lucky dude. Smokin'.

I don't have a favorite yet, but I agree that Green Girl is annoying and I won't miss her if she leaves. Sucks for Meghan to give up her amateur status for this and be gone so soon.

You're so right Ron....squeaky voice is instant mute button material

Yeah, I don't think I can sit through 8 weeks of that texican's squeaky voice. Worse than nails on a chalkboard

(For you youngun's who have never seen a chalkboard trust me, it's a really horrible sound)

I think that so far Aubrey is going to be the most annoying to me. Trying to fuse her passion for the environment with golf?? Umm, what? It would probably be easier if she had an IQ that less closely resembled a stimpmeter reading.

Cant wait to watch it other than the fact that my wife is going to bring up the fact that she has been wanting to go to Atlantis for years now..haha

My wife watched it with me last night and the only thing she could say was great boobs about the girl that got booted.

Watched it last night and wasn't too impressed by anyone other than Shannon and the lady that she made fun of by calling her Grandma because her skirt was long (Mary?? Not sure of her name but she is the oldest one there). Both of their swings looked really good.
I'm kinda glad the bewbage girl is gone......way too distracting watching her swing!!

Too bad they eliminated the best ratings draw first. Maybe we'll see some cat fights to pique interest.

I really like Aubrey and her environmental advocacy. Shannon was my pick before the series, otherwise I'd be rooting against her, based on her stated interests.

I think that so far Aubrey is going to be the most annoying to me. Trying to fuse her passion for the environment with golf?? Umm, what? It would probably be easier if she had an IQ that less closely resembled a stimpmeter reading.

LOl..I agree. She seems like she had a lobotomy or something.

I don't have a favorite yet, but I agree that Green Girl is annoying and I won't miss her if she leaves. Sucks for Meghan to give up her amateur status for this and be gone so soon.

I couldn't believe she gave up her amateur status to be on The Big Break and to be the first one to go that has got to be a terrible feeling.

I couldn't believe she gave up her amateur status to be on The Big Break and to be the first one to go that has got to be a terrible feeling.

No brain, no headache... I just hope she wasn't on scholarship.

How hard is it to get your amateur status back?

Coming from a gay guy, as soon as I saw the contestants for this year I was a bit disappointed, just because I knew that it would lead to that kind of banter. But alas, what can you do? I'm trying to focus on as much golf as GC will show us.

This coming from a straight guy, I actually watch for the show, but as terrible as it is the sexest talk is to be expected.

I don't see it as a parity question at all. The women aren't as good as the men, which means there is less interest, which means there is less financial support from sponsors, which means there is less money in the pool for payouts. In short, they aren't playing the same game.

Yet they're all pro and scratch handicaps. Terrible golfers they are. Also, they prize is pretty big this year, considering they are guaranteed a spot on the LPGA's equal to the Nationwide Tour.

Not to mention $80,000 in total prizes, not counting the waiving of entry fees.

Back