The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once took a year off to read Gravity's Rainbow.

There's an old English major joke for you.

Kevin

I haven't even tried to touch that one...however I doubt that I will ever completely understand Ulysses in my lifetime. Joyce was on some weird shiz when he wrote that one. And the endless novel that he wrote? Finnegan's Wake? That guy was nuts.

Started that one too before Mom deleted it. Yes, the guy was out of his freaking mind.
I haven't even tried to touch that one...however I doubt that I will ever completely understand Ulysses in my lifetime. Joyce was on some weird shiz when he wrote that one. And the endless novel that he wrote? Finnegan's Wake? That guy was nuts.

I quite enjoy watching Duck Dynasty. These dudes are hilarious.

Started that one too before Mom deleted it. Yes, the guy was out of his freaking mind.

It starts in the middle of a sentence and finishes at the beginning of that sentence. The man was a freak. And WTC did your mom delete that one for?

She accidentally formatted the Kindles drive. I could have strangled her.
It starts in the middle of a sentence and finishes at the beginning of that sentence. The man was a freak. And WTC did your mom delete that one for?

Actually, I've never read Gravity's Rainbow. I did manage The Crying of Lot 49 for a Post Modern lit class. Not my favorite college class.

Kevin

I think friday I will pretend I am at the outing and talk to imaginary people while I golf. Now I just have to figure out who will be in my foursome.

I watched a David Lynch film the other day. That crap is at least as dense as Rand. That guy was a few inches short of a foot.

I watched a David Lynch film the other day. That crap is at least as dense as Rand. That guy was a few inches short of a foot.

Which one? Most of them are awesome.

Kevin

I like David Lynch. Like Esox said, which one? Can see how it's unlikable though.

I hit balls for the first time in over a week. Not bad, I just can't pitch for the life of me right now.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of it. Mulholland Drive.

I hit balls for the first time in over a week. Not bad, I just can't pitch for the life of me right now.

I hear ya, I always let my slider hang too much. Always paid for it.

:alien:

Here is my favorite surrealist short film: Un Chien Andalou

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of it. Mulholland Drive.

That's a good one. He took noir type films to another place with that one, Blue Velvet, and Wild at Heart. "Take a bite of peach." lol. Great stuff. Even Dune has its moments.

Kevin

Eraserhead?

Kevin

I have heard of eraserhead, but never seen it.

It goes beyond weird.

Kevin

As does Un Chien Andalou.

A very good film: The Magdeline Sisters. Completely different from what we have been discussing, but it is excellent.

You gentlemen, are speaking a foreign language to me. This makes me sad.

Here you go JMan, something a little more accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back