The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw.. I lost to my buddy by 2 last weekend who got me started.. He gained 6 strokes on me in the last 4 holes too.. I was a still a good day though

With stroke play, I don't think I'd be able to beat my neighbor...however tomorrow is Match play, so I'm just going to play me vs. the hole. It will be a close match.

With stroke play, I don't think I'd be able to beat my neighbor...however tomorrow is Match play, so I'm just going to play me vs. the hole. It will be a close match.
Well good luck my friend !

Just found a brand new Hex Black in the left rough of a hole at Grand Cypress. Raining here now also.

Just found a brand new Hex Black in the left rough of a hole at Grand Cypress. Raining here now also.

That's probably mine from the last time I played there :/

Its raining over here as well Cookie, should clear out in a bit.

Having to turn on the air sucks, but having the air to turn on is the shiznit. I could not do without central air.

i got ice cold miller lites in the fridge but im way too lazy to go get them lol

i got ice cold miller lites in the fridge but im way too lazy to go get them lol

It's miler lite? Or have you been imbibing something else that may make you lazy...hehe...

It's miler lite? Or have you been imbibing something else that may make you lazy...hehe...
if i was then someone musta slipped it to me or needs to gimme another lol
i hate days off in the rain

Good thing about wife being gone for the night? Homemade deluxe nachos with extra meat, hot sauce, and beans. Add action movies all night and I'm a happy boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing about wife being gone for the night? Homemade deluxe nachos with extra meat, hot sauce, and beans. Add action movies all night and I'm a happy boy.

After all that, I bet she's happy to be away tonight as well, haha

After all that, I bet she's happy to be away tonight as well, haha

Yup, but now the dogs have to suffer! Haha

Suppose I should get used to being home alone for when her residency nights start.

Hey all, I'm 24 and recently landed my first full time job with good benefits.

Whats your advice on getting a personal financial adviser for the future?

Can't help you on the financial adviser part, but congrats!

Can't help you on the financial adviser part, but congrats!

Thanks man.. been there three weeks and met with this guy one year older than that grew up in the same town as me and is pretty cool. I know there are not fees to pay him, its all built into the fees if I was to have a 401K, life insurance, long term disability through Principal financial.. All this is covered with my current employer but just going to mee with him again next week and see if there is anything that would be beneficial to tweak or add.

He is a 10 hdcp golfer as well so I might have a new golfing buddy! and he bought me beers tonight

Do your research, and ask around is the only advise I have. Like most things, look for good recommendations from people you trust and do your homework so you can ask educated questions.

I faced this situation a few years ago when I was in your spot. My advice, hold off on hiring a financial advisor until you have most of your high interest debt paid off. Just worry about paying off credit card debt, then your next highest loans (student, car, etc). CC debt will rack up more than you could ever dream of returning in stocks, bonds, etc.

If you dont have any debt, sign up for the 401k & allocate at least the max your employer will match. Might be a good time to buy a house too with rates as low as they are in most areas.

Do your research, and ask around is the only advise I have. Like most things, look for good recommendations from people you trust and do your homework so you can ask educated questions.

I faced this situation a few years ago when I was in your spot. My advice, hold off on hiring a financial advisor until you have most of your high interest debt paid off. Just worry about paying off credit card debt, then your next highest loans (student, car, etc). CC debt will rack up more than you could ever dream of returning in stocks, bonds, etc.

If you dont have any debt, sign up for the 401k & allocate at least the max your employer will match. Might be a good time to buy a house too with rates as low as they are in most areas.

Thanks man.. I have no car loan, no CC debt and $1,400 left in Student Loans.. My plan is to buy a house next spring with the great first time home buyers incentives and low interest rates. I think I am going to use this guy as he seems really personable and down to earth and legit.. Didnt try to sell me anything tonight about what they can offer, just got to know him and talked about golf more than financial adviser talk anyway. I really appreciate the help I know these are the people to count on at this site!

How long is this bloody book? I have the first 4 Game of Thrones books on kindle, so I don't know the page count, but I read 750 WPM for crying out loud, and I have been at it for hours, and I am only 3% through!

Oh, thats how long. Just north of four-freaking-thousand pages.

Oh, thats how long. Just north of four-freaking-thousand pages.

Read Ulysses. Then talk to me. 4K pages can be lengthy, but that book is denser than any literary work out there IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back