Morgan Cup - Trash Talk Thread

So cookie, you really think it's a two horse race between the Hackers and the Parasidians?

Wish someone could explain it to me, but I still fail to see how Team Hackers can lose in July. Team Parasite may put up a battle if they choose to show up........we have yet to see if that is possible or not.

You must be the same guy that thought your 3&2 loss to me was "close".

Well to be fair, in Texas, that is close. Apparently.

Well to be fair, in Texas, that is close. Apparently.

Maybe if the North/South was as hard as Nate's course, Cookie would have done better. But anything harder and we might have seen our first 200 on the scorecard after 18 holes.

god that's so true. Scary thought. I might as well start telling him his swing is beautiful
Seeing is believing and even cookies knows better about his swing, looks wise. Effective, hells yea! Fun to watch....negative ghost rider

Maybe if the North/South was as hard as Nate's course, Cookie would have done better. But anything harder and we might have seen our first 200 on the scorecard after 18 holes.
After his first round on the north/south cookie told me it easier then his home course. Must have been the Florida humidity

After his first round on the north/south cookie told me it easier then his home course. Must have been the Florida humidity
Wasnt that from the White tees?

It was so easy that he only beat me by one stroke on Sunday. Trust me, that's bad. Real bad.

So cookie, you really think it's a two horse race between the Hackers and the Parasidians?

I can't take it that far as I did not get to see all of Team THP play. I think Team Hackers will do just fine though. In all honesty - I think this will be MUCH, MUCH closer than last year. The third team aspect changes everything.

Well, it was closer than many on here thought it would be. But you are right - it was never really close, it got up to 4 I think and held there for awhile until I got it going a little on the north course. Think I had it down to 1 after 15 or 16 but you closed me out with 2 great holes, no doubt.

It did seem easy outside of the bunkers from the white tees like we all played on Thursday morning. Once we moved back to blues, the course changed quite a bit, especially the south. Everything was much more open than I expected but the sand killed me until Sunday when I finally learned how to hit a bunker shot. Truth be told, I was easily looking at low 80's multiple rounds if I could get out of the stupid bunker on the first attempt. Greens got tougher as the weekend wore on also.

It did seem easy outside of the bunkers from the white tees like we all played on Thursday morning. Once we moved back to blues, the course changed quite a bit, especially the south. Everything was much more open than I expected but the sand killed me until Sunday when I finally learned how to hit a bunker shot. Truth be told, I was easily looking at low 80's multiple rounds if I could get out of the stupid bunker on the first attempt. Greens got tougher as the weekend wore on also.
It was all those late night tips you got from Yorkem...wasnt it? The benefits of having the Sand-Knuckler in your Veeya.

I saw Ary's game and he might smooth you into submission. The classic was flying but more importantly the flat stick was rolling.

Not only am I now Outing approved, I'm also Freddie approved, which is even better.

I'm really torn on which team I will be pulling for in this MC. Each team has a few guys that I will really be pulling for after getting to know them at the outing. I supported TP last year based off Yoccos and One-T's trash talk alone.

If you base your decision this year on which team drank the highest number of your jello shots at the Outing, Team Paradise is the clear winner.

I just wanted to post in here that I am now a supporter of Team THP. I accredit this mostly to my homeboys Tmex, Hawk and TC. I can't wait to head to Myrtle Beach in July to cheer you guys on.

After seeing the rounds and demo day this past weekend. I think team THP has a very solid shot at sealing the deal on Saturday of the MC 2.0.

Your homeboys? Seth0 lives around the freaking corner from you! Thanks for the lack of support for Team Paradise, you're definitely not getting me to send you any craft beer from up here anymore.

You got out of the bunkers on Sunday, I did not see low 80s, or even high 80s for that matter. Good lord, I wonder what you would have shot at Nate's course. 140?

If you base your decision this year on which team drank the highest number of your jello shots at the Outing, Team Paradise is the clear winner.

that part is probably true

and yes cookie, this event should end up being close. There will be drama on Sunday

I keep watching the video KellyBo posted of Frogger knocking it in the water over and over. Her timing was perfect with "Splash" after each shot. Can't wait to see it in person and pull out my best KB imitation.

Nice to see this thread back in full swing. Looking forward to seeing some of the match ups being announced. Can't wait to take on TBT and Smalls

You got out of the bunkers on Sunday, I did not see low 80s, or even high 80s for that matter. Good lord, I wonder what you would have shot at Nate's course. 140?

Hey now - don't go looking too hard at that scorecard. I make no excuses, but I did beat you on the back side after you got me on the front pretty badly.

I really can't put too much stock into that Sunday round, we were all playing horrendously and loving every minute of it. I can't say that I ever felt tired, but boy the shot results sure did say otherwise.

Looking forward to you getting to play a real course in a few weeks, none of this lushness that is Florida. Just too easy. :bulgy-eyes:

few weeks, none of this lushness that is Florida. Just too easy. :bulgy-eyes:

Only if you promise that we can play from 6000 or less where your comfortable.

Only if you promise that we can play from 6000 or less where your comfortable.

Well, anything less than 7000 yards takes driver out of my hands too much. Got tired of hitting 3W and hybrid all day long from 6400. Are all resort courses that easy?

Nice to see this thread back in full swing. Looking forward to seeing some of the match ups being announced. Can't wait to take on TBT and Smalls

That's what we were thinking before the announcement, now it's all to be determined.

I see that cookie's hope of people going easy on him because he is a new staff member has gone out the window.

Well, anything less than 7000 yards takes driver out of my hands too much. Got tired of hitting 3W and hybrid all day long from 6400. Are all resort courses that easy?

You must mean the par 5 on the north when you went.
Driver
3 wood
3 wood
3 wood
3 wood
wedge over the green
ball in pocket

That hole played 6400 yards I think. :act-up:

you never know we may come up against each other yet and if we don't I think you, me and TBT should have a practice round together to see how it would have played out.

That's what we were thinking before the announcement, now it's all to be determined.

I see that cookie's hope of people going easy on him because he is a new staff member has gone out the window.

I can't take it that far as I did not get to see all of Team THP play. I think Team Hackers will do just fine though. In all honesty - I think this will be MUCH, MUCH closer than last year. The third team aspect changes everything.

Well, it was closer than many on here thought it would be. But you are right - it was never really close, it got up to 4 I think and held there for awhile until I got it going a little on the north course. Think I had it down to 1 after 15 or 16 but you closed me out with 2 great holes, no doubt.

Truth be told I would have shot under par if I had made all my birdie putts. I hope we don't hear this argument in July after your close 3&2 losses.

Based on all the fun we had on our Saturday round....I would expect nothing but support for Team THP

I'm really torn on which team I will be pulling for in this MC. Each team has a few guys that I will really be pulling for after getting to know them at the outing. I supported TP last year based off Yoccos and One-T's trash talk alone.

you never know we may come up against each other yet and if we don't I think you, me and TBT should have a practice round together to see how it would have played out.
True blue just posted their dress code, no 3" inseams allowed on the course.

Back