Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about trading in my Burner Superfast 9.5 degree for a RBZ 10.5. I don't get the kind of carry I would like on the 9.5.

I also can't decide between Titleist Vokey's or the Taylormade ATV to replace my current wedges.

I'd get an r11s before the RBZ driver

Does anywhere offer the DG Spinner as an upgrade option in the 2012 Callaway Forged wedges?

Does anywhere offer the DG Spinner as an upgrade option in the 2012 Callaway Forged wedges?

Have you checked eBay? Can find some cheap ones in there.

Also, another trick I have done is checked the used section at the golf shops or wedges with spinners in them. Often you can find an old cheap wedge that has a spinner in it and get it for cheap.

Have you checked eBay? Can find some cheap ones in there.

Also, another trick I have done is checked the used section at the golf shops or wedges with spinners in them. Often you can find an old cheap wedge that has a spinner in it and get it for cheap.

I have, and I actually have seen a few sets.

I could just pull the Spinners from my Cleveland's, but I was wanting to avoid the time and trouble. Not sold on these, obviously, since I have never laid a hand on one, I was just curious. Narrowing down my wedge options.

I have, and I actually have seen a few sets.

I could just pull the Spinners from my Cleveland's, but I was wanting to avoid the time and trouble. Not sold on these, obviously, since I have never laid a hand on one, I was just curious. Narrowing down my wedge options.

You can get new spinner shafts for like $20 each on golfsmith I think.

Wedges. Do I save and get the CG15s. Or splurge and get the ATVs....

Wedges. Do I save and get the CG15s. Or splurge and get the ATVs....

ATVs you won't have to worry about proper overall bounce since the bounce is relative to the shot needed.

I am pondering a Miyazaki C Kua 43s for my R11 I saw Jersey Nate was selling one on the market place but I was wondering if anyone has used this with an R11 adapter. I really liked the performance of this shaft at the cleveland demo day and I would love to put it on my R11

Used ATV 56* at Golfsmith, to buy or not to buy.

Used ATV 56* at Golfsmith, to buy or not to buy.

Depends on the price and wear. But if you only save like $20 get the new ones lol

I am currently using a Cleveland XL270 Stiff 10.5* and am getting great distance (250-275 yards) but am constantly missing fairways. Considering a change to the new Classic 290 perhaps? Also looking at the Cobra Amp driver as I've heard it's quite forgiving. A gentleman I met at the range wants to trade his Nike VR-S Str8 fit 9.5* for my xl270 but I've never even considered/looked into a Nike driver.
I've swung the Nike at the range and definitely hit it straighter but I found the feel and ball flight were not to my liking...averaged about 225 yards with it.
The Classic and AMP I have swung on the simulator at Golftown and they both make me feel like superman, so I tend to distrust the results.

Wondering if anyone has switched from the xl270 to something else and what their results were? Would I be better off shortening the shaft of my current driver? Or changing the shaft entirely?

I've found the STR8-Fit Nikes to have a very weak connection at the adjustment ferrule.

Have you tried the Metal X putters?

Yes indeedy. The #8 was nice but didn't wow me and I was eh on the rest of the line. They're firmer then the must that most inserts are but not quite...ping/solid...enough. I think the Protypes are the start of the show between the two lines.

I'm going to try and set up a nice shoot out here but I'm leaning in the
Ping Sydney
Yes! Sandy 12
Method 004

If I could find a deal on one I probably would nab a MAS Ackie.

Am about to pull the trigger on a new set of Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel wedges:
52/12 for full swings 90-100y out
56/08 for green side bunkers
60/04 for flops and gettin over things

Any other brands with a similar set of configurations?

Am about to pull the trigger on a new set of Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel wedges:

The cleveland forged 588 wedges are pretty similar setups and they are nice. Also I had to switch from a low bounce 60 to a standard bounce 60 I just could not get them to work right with my special shots like the flop shot with low bounce

Another alternative is the Taylormade ATV, you don't have to worry about proper bounce angle since it is relative to what ever shot you want to hit. . . this way you can't really have too much loft or too little loft plus they are about the same price range.

If you wanna be able to hit flops with your 60 then you more than likely need at least 10* of bounce. Maybe more would be better. Your 52 is probably getting hit off the fairway mostly then you need less. Maybe 6*-8* of bounce. I think your 56 should be good with the 8* but maybe bump it up to 10* if your bunkers are real fluffy. Remember though, these are all just general suggestions based on traditional ideas of what bounce goes with what kind of shot. I am not saying these will be the absolute best without a doubt.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

First off I'm in a mood so excuse me. F off Nike. What the Dickens! I want to buy an expensive f'ing shoe of yours and you don't have a size frikken 8 available anywhere? Honestly it's like the company is run by numbnuts

First off I'm in a mood so excuse me. F off Nike. What the Dickens! I want to buy an expensive f'ing shoe of yours and you don't have a size frikken 8 available anywhere? Honestly it's like the company is run by numbnuts

I go through that all the time because I wear a 14. It sure does suck

I know I'm being a spoiled brat but geez! I want to give you my money. Why won't you take it from me lol. I was just told I won't see these shoes in that size till October. That is ridiculous

I currently have a beef with Nike as well. I am pondering VR-S irons, however, there are no shaft options...either the Dynalite 90's or graphite.....not cool, Nike, not cool.

I currently have a beef with Nike as well. I am pondering VR-S irons, however, there are no shaft options...either the Dynalite 90's or graphite.....not cool, Nike, not cool.

Doug have you tried the Dynalite? I honestly kind of like them. I know for some it will hit the ball too high

I know I'm being a spoiled brat but geez! I want to give you my money. Why won't you take it from me lol. I was just told I won't see these shoes in that size till October. That is ridiculous

Yeah at GG all they had were size 9.5 and bigger. I wasnt going to buy them anyway but I did notice that.

Doug have you tried the Dynalite? I honestly kind of like them. I know for some it will hit the ball too high

I have. I hit 150 balls with the 7i on Thursday and man did the balloon. I want to like them but they just didn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back