Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I20 20*

And I won't lie...Cobra Amp 10.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

both good ponders! id get the i20 without thinking anymore mine is that good. ..... and try the upgraded OBAN shaft in the AMP. i was crushing it a few weeks ago when i got a chance to hit it on the course.

I20 20*

Hahahahaha....dude, we're getting AMP'd eventually.

I20 20*

Both solid. I bet you'd like the S3 more then the Amp though.

It was funny, GlobalGolf had pre-owned Nike drivers for dirt cheap prices earlier this year with real-deal Graphite Design Tour AD DI shafts in them (aka the Tiger shaft) along with a bunch of other exotic shafts, people were buying them just for the shafts.

I do find that they have the easiest interface on their website to see what custom options are available for different clubs, plus they have a great pre-owned selection for all manufacturers.

Nike seems to collect their demo clubs at the end of the year from the carts and then ships them off to Global each year to sell off. You can get some pretty sweet deals a bit after the end of each season on used Nike and TM stuff from them. There's still some pretty sweet deals. VR Pro's with RIP's for like $110 is a outright steal.

That Cobra AMP driver is solid.

That Cobra AMP driver is solid.

i still think the head at address is one of the nicest looking ive seen. that grey is sharp.

I ran across a lightly used set of Bstone J38 irons for $399. Tempting!

I think you can do better honestly. I bought mine brand new for that price, and have seen them go for cheaper since. That being said, I like where your head is at.

You can get a new set of J40s for just a tad bit more.

Need help on what is the best way to decide on what grips and additional tape wraps to get? I was wondering if there is a better way than just feel.

Need help on what is the best way to decide on what grips and additional tape wraps to get? I was wondering if there is a better way than just feel.

Do you have a decent store near by? They should be able to give you a recommendation. They should then have a few grips on shafts already for you to give a feel and make sure their recommendation on size works. As far as which grip it is whatever is comfortable for you, but will also last long enough. You don't want to be doing the same thing a couple months from now.

Do you have a decent store near by? They should be able to give you a recommendation. They should then have a few grips on shafts already for you to give a feel and make sure their recommendation on size works. As far as which grip it is whatever is comfortable for you, but will also last long enough. You don't want to be doing the same thing a couple months from now.

Yeah one place I went yesterday had a bunch out but I didnt see them on shafts. I am going to the more complete golf shop on Monday and will figure out what is the best feel. Is extra tape wraps just trail and error or do places usually have grips with extra wraps also?

Yeah one place I went yesterday had a bunch out but I didnt see them on shafts. I am going to the more complete golf shop on Monday and will figure out what is the best feel. Is extra tape wraps just trail and error or do places usually have grips with extra wraps also?

I would ask someone to help you out. They should either be able to take measurements or have a chart to hold your hand up to. They should make a recommendation as far as extra wraps go as well.

I would ask someone to help you out. They should either be able to take measurements or have a chart to hold your hand up to. They should make a recommendation as far as extra wraps go as well.

Good deal. Thanks Wake

Pondering a special gift for myself for my college graduation. All this hard work deserves something. Maybe Lajosi? Betti?

Pondering a special gift for myself for my college graduation. All this hard work deserves something. Maybe Lajosi? Betti?

Dude Lajosis look sick. That would be awesome. I envy all of Jman's.

i have a few i might be willing to part with if you're seriously interested send me a PM.

If you wanna be able to hit flops with your 60 then you more than likely need at least 10* of bounce. Maybe more would be better. Your 52 is probably getting hit off the fairway mostly then you need less. Maybe 6*-8* of bounce. I think your 56 should be good with the 8* but maybe bump it up to 10* if your bunkers are real fluffy. Remember though, these are all just general suggestions based on traditional ideas of what bounce goes with what kind of shot. I am not saying these will be the absolute best without a doubt.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

That' exactly why I was saying since you have to get under the ball fro flop shots and since the bounce increases through the set of irons so it's strange to have low bounce on a 60 for flop shots IMHO

That' exactly why I was saying since you have to get under the ball fro flop shots and since the bounce increases through the set of irons so it's strange to have low bounce on a 60 for flop shots IMHO
Because when I take my 60/4 and splay it open 20*-30* it effectively doubles the bounce. If I start with a 60/12 and open her up there is no way I'm getting under the ball!

I'd rather not replace my wedges, but they are 10+ years old and the grooves are shot :(

Because when I take my 60/4 and splay it open 20*-30* it effectively doubles the bounce. If I start with a 60/12 and open her up there is no way I'm getting under the ball!

True, well it's another reason to look into the ATV since you don't have to worry about that haha

i have a few i might be willing to part with if you're seriously interested send me a PM.

Look at you. You make me proud.

I take partial credit for your putter ho'ing prowess. I do.

You're my boy blue!

Anybody game KBS Tour's (Not the Hi-Revs or KBS Wedge) in their wedges? I am secretly wondering if that is why I liked the ATV wedge so well and felt better with it when I was hitting full shots, that anything I have now.

Anybody game KBS Tour's (Not the Hi-Revs or KBS Wedge) in their wedges? I am secretly wondering if that is why I liked the ATV wedge so well and felt better with it when I was hitting full shots, that anything I have now.

yeah I do, the guy i bought them from got the KBS tour installed and I love them they are really constant and I liked them better on full wedge shots.

yeah I do, the guy i bought them from got the KBS tour installed and I love them they are really constant and I liked them better on full wedge shots.

I think that is why I had so much success while hitting full 56*'s with the ATV at my demo day. If I person wanted to up the spin, go to an X flex, over a S? Correct?

I think that is why I had so much success while hitting full 56*'s with the ATV at my demo day. If I person wanted to up the spin, go to an X flex, over a S? Correct?

From what I understand (a video I saw while back) having a softer shaft would give you more spin, i'm to sure on that I have a S flex on mine and I have so much more spin than I did with my Vokey/project X 5.5 that I had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back