** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

I just wanted to say how awesome the KBS Customer service is. Conrad, who is running this thread, just PMed me with his info and his congratulations on my getting chosen for the Tour 90 testing. I just got off of the phone with him, and he was very kind and incredibly informative. I thought I knew which flex that I was going to go for in the Tour 90s (stiff) and he took my swing speed info and iron distances into consideration and confirmed my speculations. He seems to think that these will be great for my game, and I can't help but get even more excited about the opportunity. I also am glad that I reminded him that the Ci11s were .370 in their tip diameter, and he already had our shipping info. Thank you SO much Conrad, KBS, and THP!!!!

Your experience with Conrad and the KBS Team is pretty much par for the course. I was thinking about this today, with KBS on board with us here and how helpful they are, it's almost as if we have our own little personal tour van here. Seriously.

It's really neat that a company would be as assessable and helpful, as KBS has made themselves to not only us, but the golfing community.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Conrad! Good to see you here man!

Did Jeff or RVick get their custom color shafts installed yet? I haven't done mine yet. I need the money to do it first and I'll admit, I'm a little concerned what's going to happen with my ball flight coming from the S300.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread but this is awesome. I will be playing KBS Tour shafts for the first time in the set of irons I have coming after I was fit to them and I'm really excited to see the performance I get out of them.

I'm not sure how I missed this thread but this is awesome. I will be playing KBS Tour shafts for the first time in the set of irons I have coming after I was fit to them and I'm really excited to see the performance I get out of them.

Darn it CB, you totally... (what's it called when you're the last post on the page and someone posts again so your's is not on the last page anymore and it gets overlooked?)

Hey THP readers! I will be getting to your questions soon, sorry for the delay as it has been busy here. I did want to go ahead and link our PR/News section to you all. Check out the recap of our great weekend on the PGA TOUR and Nationwide Tour! http://kbsgolfshafts.com/community/news - CM

Darn it CB, you totally... (what's it called when you're the last post on the page and someone posts again so your's is not on the last page anymore and it gets overlooked?)

You got page r*ped.

First round and a half + a range session with the c tapers today. Wow what a difference. Much better ball flight it was windy at times so I got to see how it penetrated with windy conditions. Much more distance 10- 15 yards average prob. I need to find the perfect tempo and get my distances locked down. I love how I can attack with these now I can swing hard or easier but still keep my faster tempo. Biggest thing I noticed was my roll out. I never have roll out even with a 6 iron hits and stops. Now I have a few yard roll out with my longer irons and still good stopping power with my shorter irons. I really am interested to see where my distances end up with these. Hit my AW 130 today with an easy swing and hit my 9 160. Little to much wind to give accurate numbers but those two stuck out to me. Another great thing when I swing easier they are arrows going straight at my target. Why I wanna find my tempo and really get these dialed in nice. So far very happy just hope the distance thing isn't an issue. I don't want a huge gap between clubs and I don't wanna be hitting my AW to far and have a huge gap in the bottom of my bag. But well see how it works itself out. Another 18 tomorrow. Should be fun.

You got page r*ped.

Yep. That's the term. Such a terrible word though... we gotta come up with something else that means the same thing.

Can anyone comment on the KBS Tour S vs the DG S300. I just want to know what to expect when I switch these out. I read a lot that the S300 is a low ball flight shaft, but I still hit them quite high. I think I just naturally hit the ball really high.

Can anyone comment on the KBS Tour S vs the DG S300. I just want to know what to expect when I switch these out. I read a lot that the S300 is a low ball flight shaft, but I still hit them quite high. I think I just naturally hit the ball really high.

I went from S300 to KBS Tour R+ which are 5 grams less then the Tour S. To me, they are noticeably lighter than the S300. This doesn't seem to affect my swing feel all that much, but likely picked up some club speed. I do think this helps my endurance some as well. As for feel, it's night and day. The KBS are so smooth! they really feel great. The S300 didn't feel bad per se, but more muted, less feedback, dare I say, boardy in comparison. As for ball flight, for me the KBS launch slightly higher. I'd call it a piercing mid trajectory.

I went from S300 to KBS Tour R+ which are 5 grams less then the Tour S. To me, they are noticeably lighter than the S300. This doesn't seem to affect my swing feel all that much, but likely picked up some club speed. I do think this helps my endurance some as well. As for feel, it's night and day. The KBS are so smooth! they really feel great. The S300 didn't feel bad per se, but more muted, less feedback, dare I say, boardy in comparison. As for ball flight, for me the KBS launch slightly higher. I'd call it a piercing mid trajectory.

Thanks for the input. Part of me wants to put the KBS Tour in one iron and try it out.

Did Jeff or RVick get their custom color shafts installed yet? I haven't done mine yet. I need the money to do it first and I'll admit, I'm a little concerned what's going to happen with my ball flight coming from the S300.

To answer your question regarding install, no I haven't, dude. They are still in the box in my shop and are going to go into my Razr X Forged at some point and time. And I am not familiar with the S300, so I really am of no help there. But, when I was hitting the KBS Tour S+ in the Cobra AMP Forged (7i) I was seeing a very similar ball flight to what I was getting with the PX 6.0 Flighted in the Callaway Razr X Forged (6i), which I eventually bought. Long story shot, I liked the KBS Tour shaft better, but liked the Razr X Forged head better.

KBS Tour Stiff is 120 grams, DG S300 is 130 grams. KBS Tour Stiff will give you a little higher ballflight than the DG S300. For me (everyone's feelings vary), the KBS Tour Stiff feels smoother and has a more active tip than the DG S300. I feel like I sometime struggle with a higher ballflight in the short irons, but these shafts help me out in terms of hitting the ball higher with my 5 and 6 irons compared to the DG S300.

KBS Tour Stiff is 120 grams, DG S300 is 130 grams. KBS Tour Stiff will give you a little higher ballflight than the DG S300. For me (everyone's feelings vary), the KBS Tour Stiff feels smoother and has a more active tip than the DG S300. I feel like I sometime struggle with a higher ballflight in the short irons, but these shafts help me out in terms of hitting the ball higher with my 5 and 6 irons compared to the DG S300.

This is spot on with what I have found with my last two sets (MP 53's w/ DG S300 vs. FG Tour V2's w/ KBS Tours Stiff).

Finished talking with conrad about my testing setup. I went with the reg flex hard stepped once to bring the ball flight down a hair and let's see where this takes me versus the CFS regular which is a high launching shaft.

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

I recently moved from the 90s (not Tour 90s) to the S300s which I much prefer. I like the heavier weight, and that makes me ponder KBS Tours or possibly C Tapers if they have better feel.

Finished talking with conrad about my testing setup. I went with the reg flex hard stepped once to bring the ball flight down a hair and let's see where this takes me versus the CFS regular which is a high launching shaft.

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

I was going to ask if any of my fellow testers were going to have their shafts hard/soft stepped. Interesting choice! I can't wait to get these on my irons.

So, knowing that I hit the ball pretty high already and that KBS Tour generally launch a little higher, could I hard step them to remedy that? Would they still feel smooth?

Sometimes the sheer options in golf equipment can be overwhelming.

Have KBS tours in my newest set of Mizunos and I have to say I don't see myself going to another company anytime soon.

Absolutely the best shaft I have ever played.

So, knowing that I hit the ball pretty high already and that KBS Tour generally launch a little higher, could I hard step them to remedy that? Would they still feel smooth?

Sometimes the sheer options in golf equipment can be overwhelming.

MSB I will be hard stepping mine to see if there is a difference compared to my PING CFS shafts in my testing.

First round and a half + a range session with the c tapers today. Wow what a difference. Much better ball flight it was windy at times so I got to see how it penetrated with windy conditions. Much more distance 10- 15 yards average prob. I need to find the perfect tempo and get my distances locked down. I love how I can attack with these now I can swing hard or easier but still keep my faster tempo. Biggest thing I noticed was my roll out. I never have roll out even with a 6 iron hits and stops. Now I have a few yard roll out with my longer irons and still good stopping power with my shorter irons. I really am interested to see where my distances end up with these. Hit my AW 130 today with an easy swing and hit my 9 160. Little to much wind to give accurate numbers but those two stuck out to me. Another great thing when I swing easier they are arrows going straight at my target. Why I wanna find my tempo and really get these dialed in nice. So far very happy just hope the distance thing isn't an issue. I don't want a huge gap between clubs and I don't wanna be hitting my AW to far and have a huge gap in the bottom of my bag. But well see how it works itself out. Another 18 tomorrow. Should be fun.

The C-Tapers Sounds very positive Buck.
Great to hear your getting some roll out with the 6 Iron now.
It will be interesting to hear your report on the final distance difference.
Have fun today.

I'm super interested in this KBS hybrid shaft:
http://kbsgolfshafts.com/shafts/kbs-hybrid

My main question is, I currently have a standard steel shaft in one hybrid and graphite in another, should the steel shaft be shorter than the graphite? What noticeable differences will there be if I reshafted from graphite to steel?

Back