The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that Ary, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Last night was not fun, but I'm doing better this morning.

Sux Hairy. I didn't know you could write an RX for yourself though. That is very handy when you need something.

So mad about my club championship this past weekend. Was grouped with a guy for two days with the worst golfing etiquette ever. On day 1 he was on his cell phone most of the day, would drive away right after his shot no matter what order he was, and if he out drove you, he would go to his ball even if it was right in front of yours.

Day 2 was the worst, just about every iron shot I took he started driving away mid swing, talking/singing, play out of turn, be walking in your line of sight, or the best was on 18 he was cleaning his clubs make a crap load of noise. The other guy and myself said something once or twice but it was no use. After the round we were talking to some people and they said this is what he always does. No one likes to play with him.

So mad about my club championship this past weekend. Was grouped with a guy for two days with the worst golfing etiquette ever. On day 1 he was on his cell phone most of the day, would drive away right after his shot no matter what order he was, and if he out drove you, he would go to his ball even if it was right in front of yours.

Day 2 was the worst, just about every iron shot I took he started driving away mid swing, talking/singing, play out of turn, be walking in your line of sight, or the best was on 18 he was cleaning his clubs make a crap load of noise. The other guy and myself said something once or twice but it was no use. After the round we were talking to some people and they said this is what he always does. No one likes to play with him.

wow that guy is one cheeky bas@$%, it's a surprise he didn't get in trouble!

Had it once and would never want someone else to go through what I did....hope you're feeling better Ary!

Food poisoning really sucks, especially since today is the day for our home inspection. I just called in a prescription for myself for the first time in years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That stinks. It would make me wonder if he wasn't doing those things on purpose to throw others off their games. AKA Gamesmanship.

That stinks. It would make me wonder if he wasn't doing those things on purpose to throw others off their games. AKA Gamesmanship.

I just think he doesn't care about what he does when others are golfing. I think next year I am going to golf in the Championship Flight if he is in the first flight. I'd rather lose against golfers that are good and know how to act than have a chance to win but get so annoyed and frustrated that I'd rather be doing something else.

I'm not very happy with myself this morning. Played in a 2 man scramble yesterday and while we didn't play well we did have a ton too much fun, lol. My head hurts.

On a bright note we did cash $80 each, haha. That helps take a little sting out of the bar tab!

Should of gave him a Bob Barker punch to the mid-section.

Should of gave him a Bob Barker punch to the mid-section.

I wanted to do more than that, haha. If I was a member for more than a year I would of definitely been more vocal about it.

That sucks man!! I hate to hear that. I would have lost my cool at some point.

That sucks man!! I hate to hear that. I would have lost my cool at some point.

I just started drinking heavily, haha. What gets me mad was I was killing it off the tee (12/14) FIR's. The two I missed were by a total of 3 yards. The tee box was the only time he didn't drive away. On the par 3's though he was always doing something though.

What an a-hole!! Someone at the club needs to talk to him if it is something that everyone knows and he does every time. Get a bunch of people to threaten to pull out of the club because of him. Money talks ya know.

4257513b-4850-4f70.jpg

This. Why oh why do you always have this kind of traffic, Connecticut?

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear it man. It's one thing to be a jerk during a regular round, but during the club championship? Someone needs to take this dude down a few notches, he's going to keep it up until then.

4257513b-4850-4f70.jpg

This. Why oh why do you always have this kind of traffic, Connecticut?

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Hamptons + lunch time = death!

What an a-hole!! Someone at the club needs to talk to him if it is something that everyone knows and he does every time. Get a bunch of people to threaten to pull out of the club because of him. Money talks ya know.

Myself and the other guy that played in the group talked to the club pro and the GM about it. We told them we will withdraw the next time we are grouped with him if it can be avoided.

A somewhat delayed rant, from Saturday. Some may recall my rant about houses lining the fairways of some courses. Those ended up not being much of an issue this past weekend. Something else did though...

My foursome finished #8 just as a thunderstorm began rolling through. We went into the clubhouse for about an hour, then got an okay to go back out. Went back to #9, which had a busy road along the right side of it, with no trees guarding it. I wound up slipping on the wet grass during my swing (time for new shoes), and slicing the ball wickedly towards the street. I got lucky, and the next group of cars was at a red light, or else bad, bad things could have happened. Darn streets along the right side of holes and rain?! C'mon now!

Tap tap taparoo

A somewhat delayed rant, from Saturday. Some may recall my rant about houses lining the fairways of some courses. Those ended up not being much of an issue this past weekend. Something else did though...

My foursome finished #8 just as a thunderstorm began rolling through. We went into the clubhouse for about an hour, then got an okay to go back out. Went back to #9, which had a busy road along the right side of it, with no trees guarding it. I wound up slipping on the wet grass during my swing (time for new shoes), and slicing the ball wickedly towards the street. I got lucky, and the next group of cars was at a red light, or else bad, bad things could have happened. Darn streets along the right side of holes and rain?! C'mon now!

Tap tap taparoo
This could help;
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...hallenge-Review-Thread&highlight=champ+spikes

Tap tap taparoo

Wow that's crazy, who puts a fairway on a busy street? What's next a fairway next to a schoolyard full of children?

Jeez, I have a lot of crap to do today, and I woke up later than I intended. Gotta go play a quick 9, get a writeup for Champ done, do laundry, and make a review video for a new hot sauce or 2.

Darn streets along the right side of holes and rain?! C'mon now!

We have 4 holes which are near roads. Only two have a real chance of going on the road, with just one happening often (I see shots go there a lot, but luckily I've only put a couple there). It's not a busy road though, and the people who live on the other side of the road have no trespassing signs in their yard! The other hole that has a real chance of getting there is a 4 lane 40 mph road that was built long after the course was there. It would take a helluva slice to get there off the tee box (I've only seen it a handful of times, never by me, luckily). Problem is that it's a par 5, so the second and third shots can have a chance to hit the street too.

Me and my dad planned a last minute trip to NC to golf for this week. Only thing I had to do was call the State Attorney's office about a case that was supposed to go on Thursday. This is bs case that has absolutely 0% chance of going anywhere. The case has been continued 3 times because she has been unable to contact the only witness (who was uncooperative with me as well). When I contacted she stated she is going to go this week, and if they don't show up then thats fine. There is no chance they show up, they have never wanted anything to do wtih this. I am going to stay home from NC, go to court on Thursday, be told "looks like they aren't going t show, we are going to drop it".

She has continued this thing repeatedly to fit the other parties schedule, but she is dead set on going this week. This sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back