The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this your way of breaking the news to me that I wont be hearing about the Scor/Spinner combo?

Well, that too! I did get the ferrules turned down this morning though, they are a little longer in the Spinners than the Genius shafts but I actually like it a bit swinging them indoors. Only thing that can stop tomorrow would be a thunderstorm as its my wife's last free day before residency orientation and she asked to go golf. I'm amazingly pumped that she asked!

The issue is she thinks she should beat me in everything so she gets mad on the course, trying to get it through her head that on the course it isn't her versus me. I'd really like to get her hooked and snag her some lessons.

I am beyond tired. Spending all day outside in 94 degree temperatures can drain a person.

Well, that too! I did get the ferrules turned down this morning though, they are a little longer in the Spinners than the Genius shafts but I actually like it a bit swinging them indoors. Only thing that can stop tomorrow would be a thunderstorm as its my wife's last free day before residency orientation and she asked to go golf. I'm amazingly pumped that she asked!

The issue is she thinks she should beat me in everything so she gets mad on the course, trying to get it through her head that on the course it isn't her versus me. I'd really like to get her hooked and snag her some lessons.

This is my issue (last paragraph). I really want my gf to get into golf but I know she is goin to get frustrated right away. I'm thinking multiple range sessions first. That is great she ways to go though!!

I am beyond tired. Spending all day outside in 94 degree temperatures can drain a person.

Just got in myself from 95 degrees and I hydrated my arse off and I am still obliterated. Nap time with the dog, now.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

This is my issue (last paragraph). I really want my gf to get into golf but I know she is goin to get frustrated right away. I'm thinking multiple range sessions first. That is great she ways to go though!!

My wife is ultra competitive, hell, its why she has thrived in med school, but she struggles with turning it back or just turning it off.

I get it though, as a long time but recently former football coach I'm hard wired the same way, but I realized golf could be my outlet away form that and frankly its why I try to stay away form competition when playing. I don't like going there anymore, not THAT competitive during golf. We're outside, we should be enjoying it.

I would normally have been frustrated when I started... I knew the game as an observer and I knew my current level of patience (none). So, I set myself up to have a good time no matter what.

1) bought only SpongeBob balls for,the first 4 months. I wanted to smile every time I looked down at my ball instead of fretting about where it probably wasn't going.

2) I did not really keep score until a couple months ago.

3) I didn't count anything off the tee UNLESS it actually left the tee box in a forward motion (and yes, other directions did happen regularly)

4) I didn't count penalties, lost balls or any other nastiness until I started keeping score.

5) I started going to the driving range alone at least 3 times a week after 2 months of "getting the general idea" on the course.

I call the transition from not counting stuff/using cartoon balls to counting everything and using a less humorous ball "playing big girl golf".

So if the significant others out there have a sense of humor and a playful spirit, feel free to share my "5 fun steps to big girl golf"

I love this game and hope to play it until I drop.

Well is it owned by the gangsters that don't graffiti?

i checked... no gangsta's hahaha
I've done that before, worked out well but the place was super sketchy as well. Like in the back of a warehouse complex with no signs. Their only advertising was through word of mouth...super lazy guys, they called it "Tell-A-Friend Tires".
i was surprised... the shop was pretty straight and the tires came out decent for used ones

My wife is ultra competitive, hell, its why she has thrived in med school, but she struggles with turning it back or just turning it off.

I get it though, as a long time but recently former football coach I'm hard wired the same way, but I realized golf could be my outlet away form that and frankly its why I try to stay away form competition when playing. I don't like going there anymore, not THAT competitive during golf. We're outside, we should be enjoying it.

Exactly.. Good stuff.

I would normally have been frustrated when I started... I knew the game as an observer and I knew my current level of patience (none). So, I set myself up to have a good time no matter what.

1) bought only SpongeBob balls for,the first 4 months. I wanted to smile every time I looked down at my ball instead of fretting about where it probably wasn't going.

2) I did not really keep score until a couple months ago.

3) I didn't count anything off the tee UNLESS it actually left the tee box in a forward motion (and yes, other directions did happen regularly)

4) I didn't count penalties, lost balls or any other nastiness until I started keeping score.

5) I started going to the driving range alone at least 3 times a week after 2 months of "getting the general idea" on the course.

I call the transition from not counting stuff/using cartoon balls to counting everything and using a less humorous ball "playing big girl golf".

So if the significant others out there have a sense of humor and a playful spirit, feel free to share my "5 fun steps to big girl golf"

I love this game and hope to play it until I drop.

I like this this. I will suggest some of this when the time comes.

I need another OEM crash and burn in the next few weeks, hmm, what should I pick

I need another OEM crash and burn in the next few weeks, hmm, what should I pick

I feel you man. I made two solid purchases in the last few weeks, and feel I need to make another, to have something coming in the mail to look forward too..

We have been annoyed by a couple flies in the house tonight. I saw one just hanging out on the wall, grabbed my daughters blanket and towel popped it. Killed it on the first try. I felt like a ninja.

We have been annoyed by a couple flies in the house tonight. I saw one just hanging out on the wall, grabbed my daughters blanket and towel popped it. Killed it on the first try. I felt like a ninja.

Congrats ninja - now go wash her blanket. ha

Nice job, but today I went to WalMart and got a $7 bug zapper wand. Over 2000 volts. I will smite all those flies who bother me now:

517nj2kkusL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yup. one of those days. Seems I left cables for the digital camera on my desk and brought a laptop that won't work because the wireless isn't configured. Going to be a LONG 24 days. Tried to align my chi at the driving range and spent an hour hacking and slashing. All the concentration I could muster resulted in TWO full swings that actually LOOKED like a golf shot. Everything else looked like a day one "Hey, I think i'll give this golf thing a try....."
Why does <insert the deity of your religious denomination here> hate me?

Congrats ninja - now go wash her blanket. ha
Hahaha, dude, I will quote my wife here, "Thanks for getting the fly, honey. Now quit being an idiot and put that in the wash."

Shoooooot. I've been doing it with chopsticks ;) mr. Miyagi style. Asians holla if ya hear me. LOL

Yup. one of those days. Seems I left cables for the digital camera on my desk and brought a laptop that won't work because the wireless isn't configured. Going to be a LONG 24 days. Tried to align my chi at the driving range and spent an hour hacking and slashing. All the concentration I could muster resulted in TWO full swings that actually LOOKED like a golf shot. Everything else looked like a day one "Hey, I think i'll give this golf thing a try....."
Why does <insert the deity of your religious denomination here> hate me?

That's golf for you...one moment you feel like you're swinging beautifully, and the next you can hack it up like you just started the game. Keep it going, man. Things will turn.

Shoooooot. I've been doing it with chopsticks ;) mr. Miyagi style. Asians holla if ya hear me. LOL
Do you have that sweet headband that Daniel wears?

Nice job, but today I went to WalMart and got a $7 bug zapper wand. Over 2000 volts. I will smite all those flies who bother me now:

Love those. I have 3 in the office for fly and mosquito season. FYI flies smell like burnt hair when you zap them too long.

--
Tapatalk2

Funny that you just got one of those, I bought one last week @ HF. I've been dominating fruit flies and darn flies for a week now. Wife thinks i'm crazy.

Hollaaa haha!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Love those. I have 3 in the office for fly and mosquito season. FYI flies smell like burnt hair when you zap them too long.

--
Tapatalk2

LOL, true. I've already heard that loud, satisfying crack and sizzle today...

Jesus! The heat took it out of me today. 95 degrees today in central Missouri. I hydrated like a MOFO last night, this morning, and throughout my round, but still felt exhausted by the time I made the turn. It's too early in the year to be this damn hot!

Jesus! The heat took it out of me today. 95 degrees today in central Missouri. I hydrated like a MOFO last night, this morning, and throughout my round, but still felt exhausted by the time I made the turn. It's too early in the year to be this damn hot!

Agreed, it's WAY too early. Here in south Jersey the heat index was over 100 and I felt gross after a couple minutes outside. This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back