My Morgan Cup Announcement/Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I lost to a case of the "mushies" so if you will bear with me for just a second this one is for all of you:

The Morgan Cup

Throughout history, many a man has vied for the honor of a beautiful woman.
In this years Morgan Cup, it will be no different.
Twenty-four will take the field.
Many will fall despite fighting valiantly in battle.
A few will stand in victory,
Their armor scarred and torn, their weapons still heated from the fight.

It is then the great lady herself will hold out the precious prize.
The victors will raise it high with much pride and fame
There will be laughter and much ale will flow as the winners bask in glory.
But as they raise the ultimate prize, look closely... Pay attention.
For reflected in its silvery form are the faces of all who came.

Well, I lost to a case of the "mushies" so if you will bear with me for just a second this one is for all of you:

The Morgan Cup

Wow. Beautifully worded Spazz. :clapp:

VERY impressive spazzdog! I love it and it is very appropriate.

I think you are going to give me a case of the "mushies".

Spazz, you rock!

The Morgan Cup

Wow, that was awesome!

I think as a group, we should be a visible and valuable part of the community. Part of that is smiling and accepting that people don't always search, don't care if their question has been asked before, and that some are just excited they got new clubs and want to make a thread. I think we can all be leaders here and spread some goodwill and knowledge. We all can't be here 24/7, but that's never been the expectation.

This is probably the best post I've read in ages. Very, very well spoken Hawk.

I think the "regulars" should take this to heart in order to keep THP the amazing and welcoming place it is, which in turn allows JB & GG to continue evolving the site and offering cutting edge experiences like THE MORGAN CUP!

Well I may not be part of the Morgan cup but I will be here to support it as much as I can and in any way I can. I've been steering people to check out equipment that the morgan cup staffers are using haha. I really think that the morgan cup is such and awesome even and months before I joined THP I thought it was a pro event cause I ran into it all over the internets. I wish I could be there to watch it!

Spazz, your last two posts ran a chill down my spine. I am so glad you are supporting The Morgan Cup in all its facets.

Thank you - am so happy you enjoy the "poem".

I can't play golf (yet) worth a plugged nickel, but, though I don't look like a cheerleader, I cheer with the best of 'em ;)

Play well boys... See it. Feel it. Trust it. No regrets!

Spazz that was great

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

yes, but.....the point is still missed. I give up!

I just want to say thank you for chatting today. I needed to vent a little and I appreciate it. You are right here, by the way.

I want to thank those that have embraced the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event in both participant form and spectator form. You guys know who you are and are awesome for doing it. I often ponder whether or not we will do another one of these.

I want to thank those that have embraced the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event in both participant form and spectator form. You guys know who you are and are awesome for doing it. I often ponder whether or not we will do another one of these.

I hope we can do what we need to do in order to make it happen again Josh. Hopefully if it does happen again, we all do it right form the beginning.

hopefully you do, such an amazing opportunity for those involved and for those that get to follow along. I think by voicing the issues that have taken place, these things wouldnt happen again with the next batch of people getting on board.

That would be sad. All the threads that would be gone throughout the year if that was to happen. Don't want to imagine THP without the Morgan Cup hype each and every year. I really hope the OEM's feel like this was a success like it should be!

I personally am saddened by the fact that this thread was even created. No! rephrase that, I'm pissed that this thread had to be created. I'm pissed that a few bad apples can kill ones dreams. I'm pissed that a few are so oblivious to their lack of effort.
As someone that has support this idea from day one it sucks that we have to share out thoughts on this. How difficult is it to be involved. If your on the forum give the MC some love. Support it for what ever reason you have but support it.
If it goes away, THP will be more then fine but it's sucks for those that really enjoyed everything the Morgan cup is about. It sucks that so much work can just be disregarded. This reaches so many levels and some just don't get it, I don't understand. Wake up!!!!

After seeing this pop up again it got me thinking, without naming names, has it helped? Are some of the bad apples starting to show up more? It's funny I may not notice them in their absence because as a non MCer I really only notice the people who are participating!

I hope that we can make it happen again JB.

I hope to see it happen again and I hope that with the time that we have left and even after the event is over that myself as well as the other participants can show what its all about and get people excited about the great sponsors and this great website.

After seeing this pop up again it got me thinking, without naming names, has it helped? Are some of the bad apples starting to show up more? It's funny I may not notice them in their absence because as a non MCer I really only notice the people who are participating!

I have said before its not about individuals that have or have not been around. Its about an entire forum embracing the idea if people want to see this event again. Hearing things such as well I am not getting the equipment so I dont care or it doesnt involve me, pains me to hear. A brief example...Watching just the other day as people were discussing Vanilla Ice in the banter thread, yet those discussing him, most had no idea the reason he was brought up.

The people in the MC need to do a better job of bringing the event to the people, but at the same time, the people have to care. I have so much to speak about this topic, but before I take it over board, I will just cut bait.

I have said before its not about individuals that have or have not been around. Its about an entire forum embracing the idea if people want to see this event again. Hearing things such as well I am not getting the equipment so I dont care or it doesnt involve me, pains me to hear. A brief example...Watching just the other day as people were discussing Vanilla Ice in the banter thread, yet those discussing him, most had no idea the reason he was brought up.

The people in the MC need to do a better job of bringing the event to the people, but at the same time, the people have to care. I have so much to speak about this topic, but before I take it over board, I will just cut bait.

JB, I totally understand where you are coming from, as a Non MC, for me it's not about ho hum I'm not in it, but it's a matter of having to follow so much information to keep on top of every little detail. But on the flip side I love following all the first hand reviews and watching how the players are interacting with their sponsors. It's an amazing experience and I'm sure those that have done it before would have just as much compliments to pay their sponsors as well for the experience.

My bold is just in reference to what I see as the key between the two sides, the participants have to care enough to bring the rest of us in, but the rest of us have to care enough to get involved and interact.

I sure hope the MC sticks around for years to come, not only hoping I can participate but to observe and see the experiences of other new participants and maybe even new sponsors as they arise.

When the 2012 Morgan Cup is complete, I will be updating this thread. I have always believed that transparency is the best way to bring things to our readers and that is not going to change now. I think we have a pretty special event here and its a real shame what I think has been lacking. If we do it again, there will be wholesale changes, and that is nothing more than an "if".

I plan on giving it everything I got in 3 weeks for my sponsor and my teammates as well as those that have put their blood sweat and tears into this event to make it what it can be. Then I will be walking off the course, with my head held high knowing in my last event of this kind, I worked my tail off to bring something special. I have learned a lot about people being on the other side of the planning of this one. Knowledge is power in the end.

No success is better than knowing you gave 110% to a project.

nice rant JB...

I am not going to speculate, I will just say that I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back