The Travelers Championship Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked mostly for guys that make a lot of birdies. I think Bubba will be in chill-mode and do very well this week. The "On The Range" dudes were really doggin' Bubba's putting stroke last night. I guess the honeymoon is over.

START:
Sabbatini
Bubba
Marino
Bowditch

BENCH:
JB Holmes
Van Pelt
HHaas
Harrington

ZJ
Mahan
Jacobson
Wagner

Bradley
Leishman
de Jonge
Harrington

Solid -3 for Kuch on his birthday (happy birthday Matt if you read this!!)

Michael Thompson with the major (pun intended) meltdown, solid +8 and tied for DFL.

I really need Keegan to have a good day. Basically everyone in contention for Group 1 (except me) has Kuchar. Really need a strong showing from the New Englander. It's Chow-daaaar!!!!

Cantlay with a solid +5 round today.

Cantlay with a solid +5 round today.

I really thought about having him on my roster this week because of the 60 from last year. Ultimately kept him off because it was his first pro tournament. Thrilled that I did.

Anyone else just see that driver shot by Bubba? Very low cut. Looked awesome.

Jacobson going HAM.

Wow solid round there by Thompson, way to back up that US Open showing with a +8 haha

Wow solid round there by Thompson, way to back up that US Open showing with a +8 haha

No kidding. WHat a one hit wonder.

Come home to see Jacobson on my bench.....poop.

So it looks like I'll be driving up for this on Sunday with my little brother. Any other THPers going to be there?

So it looks like I'll be driving up for this on Sunday with my little brother. Any other THPers going to be there?

I've gone to this a handful of times. Depending on the leaderboard I'll go on Sunday.
If you've never gone before, I'd say get to the spot on the hill below 17th tee. You will see 15(derivable 4), 16 par 3 over water, 17 dog leg around water. It's a good spot.

I've gone to this a handful of times. Depending on the leaderboard I'll go on Sunday.
If you've never gone before, I'd say get to the spot on the hill below 17th tee. You will see 15(derivable 4), 16 par 3 over water, 17 dog leg around water. It's a good spot.

Thanks ddec. I want to see the whole course so I'll go early and follow someone to that spot and then watch them come through there.

Looked mostly for guys that make a lot of birdies. I think Bubba will be in chill-mode and do very well this week. The "On The Range" dudes were really doggin' Bubba's putting stroke last night. I guess the honeymoon is over.

He's knocking them in from everywhere to save some tough pars from what I am seeing. He's at -5 which ain't too shabby. I started him too.

Come home to see Jacobson on my bench.....poop.

Same here, but at least I do have him there if needed Sunday for potential bonus points. :D

I have both Bubba and Jacobson playing so I'm happy to get the "summer" season off to a good start.
I really hate thursday/friday coverage though it's just to bland/boring the whole time

I'm feeling good having Freddy Jac on my roster, no bubba or webb though.

Local (to my area) Derek Lamely making a good showing on day 1.

Would love to see Bubba win this tournament.

52 points today, not too shabby. I'm no Bubba fan, but he's a starter along with Kuchar, Poulter and Paddy. My bench is just as solid with Bradley, Jacobson, Wagner and Mahan, lol. I did switch Poulter out for Jacobson, might hurt in the end, but 3 strokes is a lot for the first day.

Been there twice already (Tuesday and Wednesday for practice/pro-am days). Took a bunch of pictures. I'll post them if anyone's interested. Got Kenny Perry, Kevin Stadler and a couple of other pros to sign my son's hat.

My middle son is volunteering and scanning tickets at the gates.

I'll be attending Saturday and/or Sunday too! Got three tickets left. The weather will be cooler too, fortunately. I hope.

Ken

Hell yes post pics!

Been there twice already (Tuesday and Wednesday for practice/pro-am days). Took a bunch of pictures. I'll post them if anyone's interested. Got Kenny Perry, Kevin Stadler and a couple of other pros to sign my son's hat.

My middle son is volunteering and scanning tickets at the gates.

I'll be attending Saturday and/or Sunday too! Got three tickets left. The weather will be cooler too, fortunately. I hope.

Ken

That's pretty neat along with your mid child actually working on site. Bet he's excited!

Ouch. Just noticed I had simpson on the bench who went -4. Dang could have gotten more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back