Callaway Golf Morgan Cup Hybrid Thread

Sprayed this around today alittle bit but it was user related not the club. I was trying to do way more than I should be, working it in both directions. Distance continues to be great, ball flight perfect with a soft landing. This and my 3 wood are my get out jail free clubs.

Great write up ******, that was great to read. Love that you are hitting those hybrids so well, and that you know you have made the right decision.

Today was my first round out with the Razr X hybrids and to say they flat out performed would be an understatement. I didn't hit them at all on the range before my round and I had the first chance to use one on the Par 4 second hole for my tee shot. I was unsure what my yardages would be with these and I didn't want to run out of fairway so I hit the 4 hybrid, this was a great choice as the ball just rocketed off the face, long and straight, and flew 210 yards, that was what I hit with my old 3 hybrid.

I hit these hybrids a ton today, both off the tee, and off the fairway and the first thing that came to my mind was how easy these were to hit. The only bad shots I hit with these today were where I hit 3 hybrid too long. Thats not a terrible problem to have. Today also reaffirmed that I chose the right hybrid shaft for these clubs. I love that Proforce shaft and in these Razr X hybrids it performs even better than hybrids I've had it in, in the past.

To be honest I wasn't shocked at how good these hybrids were. Every single piece of equipment we have gotten for the MC have been amazing and these hybrids are easily the best I have gamed. I'm not sure why they aren't more widely used, but they are simply a great hybrid that I'm really excited to have in my bag.

Oh and the headcovers are really great. They look good on the clubs but they fit perfect, and are easy to get on and off the hybrids.

Awesome stuff Breezy!

I love a solid hybrid threat off the tee but I know alot of guys just worry about off the deck, awesome to hear that these little gems have got it both. You're right, too long is not a bad problem to have, that's just all about acclimating on course.

Can't believe I'd missed this thread till now, gorgeous clubs guys!

Nice write ups ****** and Breezy!!

These hybrids continue to be a great suprise to me, I hit them long and high with just a slight fade at the end and they stop quick when you hit the green. I had several opportunities to hit them today and they never let me down....just put a nice smooth swing on it, hold the finish and watch the ball land on the green!

The only ball I hit with the hybrids today that didnt hit the green was the par 5 9th hole...I had 210 to the front edge and 235 to the back. I took a smooth swing and smoked the 3H to the back of the green and it rolled off the edge....I am not long by any means....I really figured 210 was pushing it, but didnt want to hit 3W....NEVER would have dreamed I would be over the green with a 3H!

The 4H is my "baby" right now....I love that club...I have hit high shots, punch shots, low shots under trees and everytime it seems the ball goes right where I want it to go. I love this club so much I was tempted to lay up to 180 on a par 5 so I could hit it....LOL

I went with the Razr X 3 hybrid. Stock shaft in stiff with the golf pride NDMC black/red. Here are some photo's, I'll be updating later after a range session.

DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

Nice pictures dude! How do you like the stock shaft so far?

I think a hybrid is a pivotal piece of equipment. Something that you can hit with confidence for your 2nd shot on a par 5 or something you can confidently take off the tee on a short par4/long par 3. I think the Razr X does a couple of things really well. One, it's super forgiving as it's a little longer from heel to toe than its competitors on the market. Secondly, it's weighted perfectly, thus keeping a square face much easier. Lastly, for some odd reason it's like this thing was built not to dig. I found it almost impossible to hit a ball fat with it.

Good stuff in here.

I think a hybrid is a pivotal piece of equipment. Something that you can hit with confidence for your 2nd shot on a par 5 or something you can confidently take off the tee on a short par4/long par 3. I think the Razr X does a couple of things really well. One, it's super forgiving as it's a little longer from heel to toe than its competitors on the market. Secondly, it's weighted perfectly, thus keeping a square face much easier. Lastly, for some odd reason it's like this thing was built not to dig. I found it almost impossible to hit a ball fat with it.

Good stuff in here.

This has me intrigued. Sounds like what I am looking for in a hybrid.

formerly butters35

Good stuff in here.

Zero Roll design big fella. Anything low on the face will still get airborne. It's a great design

I like the technical terms. Zero Roll FTW! This little sucker can launch them up there, that's for sure.

Great thread. Loving the pics and all the writeups, guys. Just a warning - I'll be looking for one of these to try out in July at the range.

Lot of good info in this thread. I have semi-pondered Cally hybrids ever since I hit a few balls with the Diablo Edge hybo which was super easy to hit. This thread has moved me up to a 3/4 ponder, minimum.

These replaced the Diablo Edge hybo's, correct?
Did any of you guys spend any time with the TOUR head? Just curious how it compares to the standard Razr X due to less offset...

this. Compared to the Mashies I've had in the bag for almost 2 years now it's as long if not longer and just as forgiving. Only thing is I've found it more difficult to chip and bump and run with as it's hotter off the face vs. the Mashie.

Good stuff in here.

Lot of good info in this thread. I have semi-pondered Cally hybrids ever since I hit a few balls with the Diablo Edge hybo which was super easy to hit. This thread has moved me up to a 3/4 ponder, minimum.

These replaced the Diablo Edge hybo's, correct?
Did any of you guys spend any time with the TOUR head? Just curious how it compares to the standard Razr X due to less offset...

Bump due to a lot of good info here, and, to see if any of you spent time w/the Tour head. I'm in full ponder mode on these after a few swings with them yesterday.

Those things look great!!! I'm still looking for a good hybrid club that I just fall in love with.

Those things look great!!! I'm still looking for a good hybrid club that I just fall in love with.
Then you need to try these buddy. I have to say I'm really impressed with them, and they have become my go to clubs off the tee if i need to hit a fairway, and they are absolutely awesome off the fairway. The sole design is really cool and I think it has a lot to do with that.

Lots of good feedback in here! My biggest issue I had with the hybrids was I hit nasty draws and couldnt control the ballflight but.... Extremely forgiving, fantastic sound/feel and just a wonder look! Love the feedback you guys!

Breeze I think i'm most intrigued by your setup. Regardless of our differences in handedness I want to take a swing or too at Myrtle.

Then you need to try these buddy. I have to say I'm really impressed with them, and they have become my go to clubs off the tee if i need to hit a fairway, and they are absolutely awesome off the fairway. The sole design is really cool and I think it has a lot to do with that.
That's just it...I have no confidence in my current hybrid and tend to hook the club more than I like. For that reason there are times I should be hitting the club off the tee but instead elect to hit a baby 3 wood or 4 iron instead. That's a problem.

I normally don't do this but walked into Golfsmith today and traded in my TM rescue for the Razr 3 hybrid without a hit. I looked at the RBZ, Razr, Machie and a few others but the club head and setup of the Razr just felt good. The reviews here helped as well. So will be hitting this bad boy for the first time this Tuesday with Cookie and we will see. Love the sock head cover as well. I really hope my search for a hybrid I can hit and trust is finally over.

I normally don't do this but walked into Golfsmith today and traded in my TM rescue for the Razr 3 hybrid without a hit. I looked at the RBZ, Razr, Machie and a few others but the club head and setup of the Razr just felt good. The reviews here helped as well. So will be hitting this bad boy for the first time this Tuesday with Cookie and we will see. Love the sock head cover as well. I really hope my search for a hybrid I can hit and trust is finally over.

Dude, you will love it. It is the best hybrid I personally have ever gamed. It is consistent, solid feeling and workable if you are looking for that.

Great thread. Loving the pics and all the writeups, guys. Just a warning - I'll be looking for one of these to try out in July at the range.

You can definitely hit my 4 and 5 as often as you want. I love the height that these things can get when you need it. Just make sure you grab the right one (one of the hazards of having the headcovers on them!) as I took out a 4H for a 160 yard shot when I meant to take a 5, and I hit that sucker 175 or 180. Oops.

Spent a lot of time hitting the RAZR hybrids this weekend both on the course and on the range and am quickly falling in love with these. The face is so hot on these it feels like the ball isn't even stayign on the club face. It really feels like the ball jumps off the face with a little 'ting'. You really feel like you're smoking the ball with these. These really get through the turf so well and that unless I came in with a severe OTT swing I don't think it's possible to fat these at all. The look at address is almost tour like with a smaller head profile and the offset isn't that bad at all and two-tone crown makes for a great alignment aid as well. Chipping with these is a little tough due to the hotness of the face but will be soemthing I figure out eventually. The Fubuki shaft I have in these really works well with my swing and makes for a great pairing with the club head. Really glad I went with these hybrids over the hybrids that come with the XF irons.

the Razr X hybrid sure was a surprise last year Hanks. It treated me very well. Glad to see it's doing the same to you.

Spent a lot of time hitting the RAZR hybrids this weekend both on the course and on the range and am quickly falling in love with these. The face is so hot on these it feels like the ball isn't even stayign on the club face. It really feels like the ball jumps off the face with a little 'ting'. You really feel like you're smoking the ball with these. These really get through the turf so well and that unless I came in with a severe OTT swing I don't think it's possible to fat these at all. The look at address is almost tour like with a smaller head profile and the offset isn't that bad at all and two-tone crown makes for a great alignment aid as well. Chipping with these is a little tough due to the hotness of the face but will be soemthing I figure out eventually. The Fubuki shaft I have in these really works well with my swing and makes for a great pairing with the club head. Really glad I went with these hybrids over the hybrids that come with the XF irons.

Glad to see they are working out as well for you as they are for me.....I absolutely love them! I only have one problem with the Razr X Hybrid....................I wish I would have gotten a 5 hybrid too!

I had a shot Friday when Steele and I played where I was under some trees on a par 5 and had to keep the ball low then make it slice around the trees to get close to the green.....I even told Steele exactly what I was trying to do so he would know it wasn't a "lucky shot"...LOL

I aim the face at the green.....set my body to the left of the trees and swung along my body keeping the follow through low....the ball came out low.....went under the trees and started rising and curving....it came down within 5 yards of the front edge of the green just like I drew it up!

That's one of my favorite shots in the world right there, Tim. Perfect recovery for a sliced tee shot into the woods! It's really the only "workable" shot I have in my bag, but it comes in handy.

Back