WITB US Open Winner

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice bag, surprised he plays a Ping putter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, that Ping putter sure seems out of place! Good for Webb though - nice bag (especially when he wins with it).

I would surely think that Webb plays a Ping putter because he was using a belly putter before this whole craze started, and wasn't Ping one of the only manufacturers of them at one point?

Looks like Ping is making a solid gold Craz-E.

Congrats to Webb. Looks like he’s found and sticks with what work for him a lot of older sticks in the bag.Thanks THP for WITB

Surprised to see the 909 D3 along with the Ping putter - would have just assumed that he was rolling a Cameron of some sort based on his Titleist affiliation. Congrats to Webb - played a great weekend of golf while other carnage ensued!

nice bag, congrats to him on a great win.

I believe he has been using that Ping putter since he was at Wake, correct? I know he was on the cover of Golf Digest with it a few months back.

that's a pretty nice bag and solid choice on the putter too, titleist will be making a big deal, two majors in a row with prov1x this year!

He's been using that putter since I first heard his name...

He's been using that putter since I first heard his name...

that's really cool, I bet that's a reason why he won that plus the fact that he played such a great ball. lol

One of my friends played against him in a first round match at the 2005 US Am.. Class act.. To reply to a few posts above, I believe Ping will be making a gold plated Craz-E.. Too much money for a solid gold one!.. They started doing that a few years ago for the big mallets.. Just plate it in gold.. I guess you can't blame them at nearly 1,600 bucks an ounce!

Couple of interesting things.

Webb is playing a 10.5* driver. See JB's recent thread "More Loft? Yes Please".

And I could have swore he was gaming a 910 Driver. I remember last year, late in the season, or perhaps it was early this year, he was dealing with a "dead face" with one of his drivers and I could have sworn they said it was the 910. Must have switched between then and now.

I rolled a Craze-E Long the night before the final round at Dicks, just out of sheer curiosity. Odd looking putter but it felt nice, even though I feel odd with a long putter in my hands. I didn't know until the next day, it was the same exact putter Webb was using.

I really like Webb's putter grip. I'd like to get one for my belly putter.

I love the fact that he's still using older stuff! If it ain't broke...

Back