SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Jman, sounds good, ready to hear about your experience.

Fitting complete! 2 hours on and around the putting green.

Lots to show and talk about as well as a surprise.

BIG changed coming for me personally but I'm ready, willing, and confident.

Prepare for me to get long winded tonight ladies and gentlemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to read your write up. Two hours is a long time on the putting green for anyone. Just for that.....well done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait to read the Jman novella.

Jman going with a long/broomstick? Looking forward to hearing this!

About 1 hour from home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may not be a novella, but, the suspense is buiding.

JMan's goin with a belly putter!!

JMan's goin with a belly putter!!

My thoughts exactly! I used one in the past, love my putter now but I'm considering getting a belly putter to rotate in. I'd be stoked if that's the surprise, so I can piggy back on Jman's experience with it.

Looking forward to reading the write up, J.

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, as it gets to be more and more crowded with additional review/thought posts those links will obviously go into spoiler tags.

REFERENCE LINKS:

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE

AND SO IT BEGINS:

Well, to say today was a whirlwind and long all at the same time might be the most accurate statement I can possibly make, however confusing it might sound. I've had 6/26/2012 at 2:30PM CST marked on my calendar since my SPi instructor (Brady Fennel) and I had set it up last week on our phone conversation. Excitement is an obvious thing, not only for the fitting but I also got to see one of the nicest courses in the state in "The Territory" located outside of Duncan OK where Brady is the head pro. So...naturally, I have to show off some course pictures. Sadly though, I neglected to get any inside the "Golf House" or of some gorgeous houses that are built/being-built on the course.

Anywho, some quick pic's...

Golf-House and Restaurant/Pool area pics:
DSC_0126-2.jpg

DSC_0123-2.jpg

DSC_0122-3.jpg

DSC_0105-3.jpg

DSC_0104-2.jpg

Driving Range:
DSC_0106-2.jpg

Putting Green (terrible pic by me! haha):
DSC_0103-2.jpg

WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?:

Upon entering the club-house today I was immediately greeted by my SPi instructor that Ted put me in touch with for this testing, Mr. Brady Fennel. Brady spotted me dead to rights as I'm sure the gigantic Nikon camera bag was quite the giveaway. Brady introduced me to Don Johnson a fellow SPi instructor of his and also a pro at the course, both were incredibly nice and down to earth which really helped my nerves a LOT.

Brady and I went out and got in a cart to head down to the putting green to get after it and what was down there waiting was pretty freaking cool if I do say so myself. Needless to say my worries of where/what I was going to take pictures of was un-needed. Hell, seeing the following setup I felt pretty dang special! Very cool! But, I'll let some pic's speak for themselves.

Brady and Don
DSC_0101-2.jpg

The Setup:
DSC_0099-3.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0107-1.jpg

DSC_0102-3.jpg

TIME TO BECOME AN OPEN BOOK:

You know, like I said in my last post after my disastrous 39 putt performance while shooting a 78, I've always thought I was a good putter. I always thought I had good form and had a putter style/size/length/lie that fit me and worked best for me. Yesterdays round broke down alot of my thoughts from that and made me realize I needed help and thankful that I'm fortunate enough to get that help thanks to SeeMore and THP with this mSeries testing.

Simply put, after the day I'm pretty positive I look nothing like I did while putting anymore. Brady gave me the SPi overhaul.

I'd be lying if I said part of today and that wasn't frustrating because it was and I'm sure Brady could sense that at times, but that is because its new and that happens with any swing change in golf, even the flatstick. However, I reminded Brady again when we got started that I was coming into this as an open book and I meant it, heck, I still do mean it. I want to become a better putter, I need to become a better putter.

Let me make this clear, Brady is a super personable dude, truly. I believe he's been an SPi instructor for 6 years and he is just truly passionate about the SeeMore product and the SPi method...it rubs off. Also, he and Don are the only SeeMore SPi instructors in the state of Oklahoma which is way cool to me. Brady said the members have bought in to the method and the product and that is incredibly evident as one of the members mentioned to him one of the other members had 6 one-putts in a recent round. This amazed me as I recently had 5 three-putts LOL. As a teacher I like to think I can get a feel for the passion and skill of another teacher of anything, Brady is passionate for sure and I think this really put me at ease to the process.

First we talked about the different head-styles there were and he had as well as what he plays (a bad arse mFGP with a sweet rounded sole...but I digress) and we also talked about length of what I use as well as the different grips SeeMore has for their putters. It was just good laid back conversation where he could get a good read on my warped little mind.

THIS IS GOING TO GET WORDY. IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PROPERLY EXPLAIN WHAT ALL I WENT THROUGH TODAY. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

We grabbed a putter and went out to the green so he could watch my stroke but after I think, one ball, I started asking about grip and stance and the likes...and like that it began. I'll start with the grip I think.

SPi preaches a more narrow and compact grip, really more in the fingers than the lifeline. Where was my grip at? In the lifeline of course. We worked on getting the thumb pad of my left hand more on top and thusly the grip more into the fingers. For the right hand I've always been pretty low with it and basically in my iron overlap grip on the putter. This was moved to the SPi preferred right hand placement that is more even with the left hand and in fact overlapping my four left hand fingers with the right thumb pad.

I had my wife snap some old grip vs new grip pic's for me when I got home so you all could see (or I hope you can) the difference in the two.

OLD:

DSC_0129-1.jpg

DSC_0130-2.jpg

SPi:

DSC_0131-2.jpg

DSC_0132-1.jpg

(Sorry Brady, I know you're reading and I WAS slouching but its the old putter's fault!)

Now, YES it felt weird and still does to an extent but as Brady explained it helps with letting the shoulders rock the stroke and taking un-needed variables out of the stroke thus making it more repeatable.

It turns out that I was also aligning my putter WAY open and with an open stance as well, because of this I came WAY inside as I went back and basically cut across the ball. Combine this with me having a leaning back type of shoulder tilt (bad), hands too low putting my putter toe up (bad), too far from the ball leaving my eyes way too far inside the heel (bad), and being way too bent over (bad)...I had alot to think about...or did I?

This is where I love the RST and really understanding it better now, if you know what you are seeing with it you can really help out these variables. The grip change allowed me to rock my shoulders and get my hands and thusly the putter more upright (and me as a whole as well) so this also scooted me closer to the ball and helped get my eyes on line with the heel of the putter where Brady and SPi wanted them. From properly soled position I could now see the back end of the RST, this was because of my reverse shoulder lean so a left shoulder down a bit and weight a bit forward and we had found something comfortable...and I honestly think easily repeatable with time.

There was one lingering battle we faced early today and it was alignment in general. My misses coming into this had been left, when Brady helped get me properly aligned it felt and looked to me like I was aligned WAY left. The thing here he showed me was my stroke cutting across the ball and my open stance is why this looked wrong. He set me up for a few putts step by step explaining each part each time to help with repetition and aligned me as well, from there told me to rock my shoulders and stoke the putt...the results didn't lie and helped me realize I was NOT aligned left though it felt like it. We continued step by step and he walked me through again and again slowly releasing more of the steps to me on my own.

This was absolutely frustrating to me at times to get my body to do it and my mind to buy in but Brady was persistent and encouraging about it as each stroke got better and better. We rolled putts for about an hour straight with instruction verbally, physically, and even with tools like the Triangulator to really see where I was aligned (which I got one to take home today, awesome!),as well as an arc board and even a 2lb SPi medicine ball to help feel the rocking of the shoulders through the stroke and ingrain that motion (an awesome new tool...and I was graciously given one to take home as well).

From there we began discussing what headstyles worked best for me while we were out there (I used 4-5 different ones and lengths I think). Brady had his input on what one he thought I aligned with and rolled the best and then he asked what one fit my eye the best personally. It was unanimous between the two of us. From there we talked about which one of the putter we had rolled I like the weight of the most, I'm talking the head, swing, and total weights to get a better idea of what spec's to order. After that it was grip decision time where I had been using the Feel-Tec oversize all day and even tried the new Feel-Tec Jumbo Prolite (this is an AMAZING grip by the way, lighter than the regular Feel-Tec's!) and we decided to go with the standard Feel-Tec in red but to have some wraps of tape put under it to build it up.

So, all in all, it was a pretty amazing day where lots were accomplished. I learned a LOT about how much I did NOT know about putting and how to get better and eventually to where I want to be. Plus, I met two pretty kick butt SPi instructors that believe in what they teach completely and are just good guys.

More when the putter arrives! Then you find out! HAHAHA!

Last edited:
As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, as it gets to be more and more crowded with additional review/thought posts those links will obviously go into spoiler tags.

REFERENCE LINKS:

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE

WHAT? THE SUPRISE? OH YEAH.....HEHE:

PART TWO!

What’s that? You say, "but Jman you said there was a surprise and Freddie said its probably that you were fit to a belly putter," do you?

Well, there is a surprise.

You see when we got down to the putting green and saw this:
DSC_0100.jpg

Brady mentioned causally to me that he had ordered the fours styles I talked to him about without grips and that he would be building my putter for me to take home...TODAY while we were there.

Uh, wow? You go it.

So, let's first talk about this. Brady and I both came to the decision in favor of me going with the mFGP2:

You see, this sucker frames the ball unlike any other putter I have had before. As I said in my initial post here (see links above) the mFGP2 holds a special place in my heart as it really does just truly fit my eye. I love the look of it at address and in general. Add to that that Brady believed I rolled it the best and did the best as far as setup consistency with it and we had a winner winner chicken dinner.

Now's where it got cool...er though.

We headed into the cartbarn and they have a kick butt club building setup that I would kill for. Apparently Brady and Jon do the work for the members on site with all clubs, not just putters. They've even got frequency gear! It was like a dream setup for me!

Soooooo...Brady and Don got to work:
DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110-2.jpg

DSC_0111-2.jpg

DSC_0112-3.jpg

DSC_0113-2.jpg

DSC_0114-2.jpg

DSC_0115-2.jpg

DSC_0116-3.jpg

DSC_0117-2.jpg

DSC_0118-1.jpg

The end result? (I'll get some DAYLIGHT pic's tomorrow)
DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0136-1.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

SeeMore mFGP2 Carbon Steel

• 350g head
  • 590g total club weight (including 30g backweight under grip)
  • Feel-Tec Red standard grip w/ 4 wraps of build up under
  • 1* flat for a lie angle of 69*
  • 36"

Now, one number there should stand out. Yep, 36", and its no typo. When we were on the green and had started Brady said "Have you ever had a putter longer than 35"?" and it took me aback as I have been playing anywhere from 33" to 34" the past two years so to say it was a shock might be an understatement. His take was he got me more upright and the putter soled correctly now (not toe up) and my hands were higher. He went with the 1" extra because then I can choke down and not be hanging off the butt end of the putter with my grip.

So, changes? Um, yeah. For reference sake, when I used the online tool and put in measurements and posture info it had me at 34" with a 68* lie. Definitely different.

After the grip dried (and Don, the grip guru...seriously the dude is GOOD at making sure the grip is completely straight with the face...it was awesome to behold!!!) Brady and I actually went down and used it. Although it all still felt foreign to me (as it will for a while) it came much easier now with the putter fit to these spec's, I was rolling it quite well!!!

All in all, WHAT A DAY! Sorry for the length but you all know me!

If anyone has any Q's about the fitting, seriously let them rip as I recalled as much as I could as best as I could but my wagon is dragging right now for sure!

I'm going to put up some more pic's tomorrow of the putter in daylight, old stance versus new (if the wife will help me out!), and the medicine ball and drill.

Oh yeah...I forgot....I GOT SWAG!!!
DSC_0141.jpg

Last edited:
Phenomenal write up, dude! Very detailed and thorough, and despite the length it was a very good and easy read...well done. Sounds like an absolute hell of an experience you had. Your new grip looks a lot like mine, so I am definitely in favor of the change, haha.

Looking forward to seeing the final product of the 2 hour session.

Edot: Nevermind, hadn't made it to post #2 before making this response. Even better, and great looking flatstick!

I might steal that idea for the 2lb medicine ball drill, sounds like a really simple yet effective drill. Strong swag you got...I am jealous as all hell.

Jman, I am not allowed to give you any more rep, damn. Stellar job, as usual sir.

Oh...my...god...my mind just exploded. Too much awesomeness Jman...too much.

wow Jman amazing write up sounds like you had a blast.... thats awesome they made your putter for you right there, thats pretty special. man i can't wait to get to my fitting tomorrow now.... 36" is nuts also. how tall are you? i just switched back to 35" from 34" and i think its helped. i know its helped my putter lie more flat than before. i dunno how i would handle a 36" if they threw that out at me. does sound like its gonna be a lot of work ahead of you and i feel like im gonna be in the same boat i know my grip is nothing like what you showed in your picture and i have forward pressed for a long time now so im interested to see how thats gonna work out too.

As usual, fantastic writeup Jman, felt like I was right there with you! I gleaned a ton of useful information from reading that, information that will likely help me when I get get my fitting( which is postponed till tomorrow btw). Makes me wish I could make it to Mequon to do my fitting as well. Great looking putter too!

Holy crap Jman, amazing writeup. Awesome putter and awesome swag. I really want to get to a SeeMore fitting for myself after that. I'm thinking it would really help my game on the greens. They are really an amazing company.

Great job Jman! Solid work.

A great pair of reads there Jman. The mFGP CS is my favorite putter ever...and I plan on extending the length of mine as well after playing with the self fitting tool.

The length and the back weight really pique my interest, but I'm sure you will expound on those as you go along. Your results from the online fitting tool are similar to mine.

Pretty kick @ss JMAN. That sounds like a golfers dream day to me. Really happy for you. Your write ups are outstanding. Thanks for all the info.

My brain is in overload, can only imagine how you feel dude. That was a fantastic recap jman, felt like I was right there with you.

Don't stay up all night putting ok?

--
Tapatalk2

Nice Jman....nice tease on the putter selection!

Jman also i was wondering did they have that display out for everyone at the course today or was that special for you?

Jman-

I am Director of Operations at The Territory. I can't tell you how excited Brady and (J)Don were to participate in your putter fitting. You hit the nail on the head when you described them as "passionate" and "knowledgeable" in your trip report. They are both new to our property in 2012 and the passion, knowledge and enthusiasm they bring to their positions has proved a wonderful addition for our members. I know they have placed several members in SeeMore putters this season and the consensus seems to be overwhelming putting improvement for those members. I am glad you had a positive experience with Brady, Don and The Territory. I look forward to reading about your progress in this thread! Jeff

Back