The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does YouTube take so damn long? I started a download about 45 minutes ago and it only show's 67% done. It's not that long of video and I have one of the better internet packages from cable.

Yep, YouTube has been slow for most of my video uploads. It's maddening.

Why does YouTube take so damn long? I started a download about 45 minutes ago and it only show's 67% done. It's not that long of video and I have one of the better internet packages from cable.
Cause I'm sure there are thousands and thousands video's being uploads about the Supreme Court's decision on Obamacare just now.....you picked the wrong day to upload! Ha!

And to add to a rant.

It sucks that the honeymoon period is over for what I am testing. I put some serious time into my last thoughts and gave a pretty good overview of what my overall testing feelings have been thus far and one person acknowledged it. I understand I am newer and don't get the typical forum chatter as the long timers. Oh well, I will be keeping my upcoming reviews more in-depth as well to try and draw others in. The only people that have seem to have interest are the testers and those who have had the club in the past. C'MON MAN! its supposed to be for those who haven't!

Just Win Baby!
Hang in there Jjmorris! Over time that is going to change. There are some great reviewers here on the site but there is always something new and different that can be done in all testing. Keep doing what you're doing......it will pay off!

Cause I'm sure there are thousands and thousands video's being uploads about the Supreme Court's decision on Obamacare just now.....you picked the wrong day to upload! Ha!

Good point, never thought about that. Oh well, up to 83% lol.

Just because you are not getting comments does not mean people are not reading them. To give you an example, do you know we have a new article on the home page every single day? How many people do you think comment on them? Did you know that GG has a new radio show up on the home page that took hours to do and edit and publish? How many do you think will listen? Its part of the deal, but just remember good work gets noticed.

Yeah guilty as well for not always commenting.

JJ, also remember that Google could lead people here for a long time to come. People could still be reading your thoughts for years.

I understand, it is my fault in all reality. :banghead: I didn't do enough research on testing methods and how to be thorough enough when I started mine but now I am seeing and figuring out what works best. There are way more variables that go into it than what I initially said and just gotta bring the Wow Factor now.

What was really cool though was I stumbled upon Boccieri on Twitta and saw they had posted my initial review in a tweet.

Yep, tons of testing feedback you'll feel will fall on deaf ears. It doesn't. You should be a Morgan Cupper. I feel like all I talk to are the other Cleveland staffers. It happens but just keep doing what you're doing.

And to add to a rant.

It sucks that the honeymoon period is over for what I am testing. I put some serious time into my last thoughts and gave a pretty good overview of what my overall testing feelings have been thus far and one person acknowledged it. I understand I am newer and don't get the typical forum chatter as the long timers. Oh well, I will be keeping my upcoming reviews more in-depth as well to try and draw others in. The only people that have seem to have interest are the testers and those who have had the club in the past. C'MON MAN! its supposed to be for those who haven't!

Just Win Baby!
I tested the Boccieri last year, and felt the same way. Just remember, you arent doing the testing for just the members of the forum, there are A LOT of people that read that arent registered members. You work does not go unnoticed, your testing has been very much appreciated.

Anybody ever heard of a "Lunch and Learn"? Basically a seminar held during the lunch hour. What a fantastically stupid idea.

Anybody ever heard of a "Lunch and Learn"? Basically a seminar held during the lunch hour. What a fantastically stupid idea.

sounds freaking awesome :bulgy-eyes:

Yea. I'm not going to be lunching or learning, but I'll be there. Off I go.

Free Lunch at least?

Lol no it's a webinar.

Posted via tapatalk

We offer them all the time to staff, they are not mandatory, but it's an easy way for them to get their CEU's and get a nice lunch.

that's funny and yet sad at the same time dude....glad he ddin't go postal on you guys

im still waiting for him to come back with a "nine" and start shooting lol

No matter what the situation there are always going to be those guys who act like that, whether he actually thought it was a wood or was just being rude.

I said PW and he kept saying "so you have a steel shaft" to which I said no it's graphite (about 20 times)...5 minutes on the phone for something that should have been about 30 seconds at most.

My mom makes me go to the barber in town to get my hair cut. If I want elsewhere I have to pay for it myself. So I just go to the barber in town. He does a decent job of cutting me hair, but MY GOSH does it take forever! He's such a freaking big talker that it takes 20 minutes to do an 8 minute hair cut in there. I waited 20 minutes for my turn. This is where it gets ugly. It took 45 MINUTES to get my hair cut! He was having a big convo with someone else who he just finished cutting their hair and stopped every 30 seconds of cutting my hair to talk to him for 5 minutes. Unfortunately I deal with this every month and will have to go through it again next month, and so on until I'm in college and find a new barber.

get some clippers and just keep your head buzzed.

Mward is getting ready for his wedding, but will be on later to talk about Tiger (if he plays well). :alien:

I'm entertaining family from both sides, I couldn't tell you who was leading till just now on a very timely bathroom break haha.

The bug spray that they use on our baseboards at work smells like Ben-Gay (Minty and medicinal).... it's making me nauseous

Is anyone here experienced with small engines/lawnmowers? I'm getting frustrated...

Three years ago I bought a Craftsman Briggs & Stratton 675 lawnmower. It had worked flawlessly up until about a month ago. It would work great until I shut it down to do something, then attempt to start it back up. It simply will not start back up a second time. If I wait until the next day, it works like a charm, as long as I only start it up once.

Recently changed the oil, spark plug, and air filter, and it's still giving me fits.

Any ideas? Thanks!

If you check the air filter after it's been running for a while, is the filter soaked with gas?

If you check the air filter after it's been running for a while, is the filter soaked with gas?

That's not something I have checked... will take a peak tomorrow when the mower decides to magically work again. Thanks.

DcgbH.jpg

This just ain't right

That's not something I have checked... will take a peak tomorrow when the mower decides to magically work again. Thanks.

If it won't start now, this would be a good time to check it.

Holy Crap, My friends in laws house burnt down to the ground-they live in Colorado springs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back