Ping Anser Adjustable Driver Preview

That looks good.

Ohhhhhh me likes. I'd buy it on release day if it had a PX Black or 7M3 as a shaft option. Otherwise, sorry Ping...

If this was the case I can't see how this wouldn't be flirting for a spot in my bag

I20 with G20 forgiveness and adjustability equals automatic purchase - no trial needed.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I like the "adjustable" features in a driver mainly because it allows for swapping of shafts to be much easier than glued shafts. So PING, if you're listening, make the adapters for this driver commercially available and keep the adapters the same on future models.

I'll be interested in hitting this club, and learning more about the different adjustable features on this driver. Also, I bet that a lot more people will be interested in it if one of the major PING guys bags it quickly (Bubba, Mahan, Westwood, Oosty).

4 shaft offerings: Ahina, RIP Phenom, TFC 800 and Blur.

Haven't figured out which Blur it is but if it's stock with a TS or even a 005 that might be a done deal.

The new wedges look neat. It also looks like Ping has decided to save a lot of people getting custom sole work done as they're offering a number of the wedges as thin, stanard or wide sole with altering bounce angles.

Fishcakes, I think I'm turning into a Ping homer. Good thing I already have this quazi snazzy staff bag for them all.

Not a lover of this one if i'm honest

I like the look. And I like that it's adjustable. Interested to see the shafts that come with it and how Ping approaches the whole thing.

So far, so good in my opinion.

Not a huge fan at first, but I'll hold final judgement until I can see it in hand and whack it a few times

Not really lovin the looks of this thing. Reminds me of night rider with the sharp lines and black. However, if it has red LEDs on the face, then I'd definitely have to get it.

I agree with you Ary. Adjustably is great for switching out shafts. I bring 2 to the course and then decide based on wind conditions.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I like the "adjustable" features in a driver mainly because it allows for swapping of shafts to be much easier than glued shafts. So PING, if you're listening, make the adapters for this driver commercially available and keep the adapters the same on future models.

Anyone know what staffers will be using this one?

I like the look. And I like that it's adjustable. Interested to see the shafts that come with it and how Ping approaches the whole thing.

So far, so good in my opinion.

See above. Already confirmed from a number of retailers.

That thing looks badass. MSRP is going to be massive, methinks.

Tuna - Are any of those shaft options high launch / high spin?

Not really lovin the looks of this thing. Reminds me of night rider with the sharp lines and black. However, if it has red LEDs on the face, then I'd definitely have to get it.

I agree with you Ary. Adjustably is great for switching out shafts. I bring 2 to the course and then decide based on wind conditions.

Rep added for Knight Rider reference, loved that show when I was growing up.

4 shaft offerings: Ahina, RIP Phenom, TFC 800 and Blur.

Haven't figured out which Blur it is but if it's stock with a TS or even a 005 that might be a done deal.

The new wedges look neat. It also looks like Ping has decided to save a lot of people getting custom sole work done as they're offering a number of the wedges as thin, stanard or wide sole with altering bounce angles.

Fishcakes, I think I'm turning into a Ping homer. Good thing I already have this quazi snazzy staff bag for them all.

Does that mean 4 shafts as no-charge options and then other shafts with upgrade charges as well?

That thing looks badass. MSRP is going to be massive, methinks.

$399

Tuna - Are any of those shaft options high launch / high spin?

Nope. We'll have to see what the head contributes though since that's going to dictate the initial launch/spin numbers for the shaft to refine.

Does that mean 4 shafts as no-charge options and then other shafts with upgrade charges as well?

Looks to be.

I'm with Arydolphin, and I'm glad TaylorMade makes their tips available

CAD or USD?

I'm afraid this thing doesn't do much for me. Especially if it's running up against 913 for pricing, I'd much rather have the titleist all day long (but only purely based on looks since I obviously have not hit either).

Wow, I really like the looks of this one!

WOAH. Jesse want.

I'll be interested in hitting this club, and learning more about the different adjustable features on this driver. Also, I bet that a lot more people will be interested in it if one of the major PING guys bags it quickly (Bubba, Mahan, Westwood, Oosty).

Excellent point! I think this will be a cool looking driver and with the adjustibility, it will go over really well. It looks like a big old stealth jet ready to pounce down on the ball like a cat on a mouse :act-up:

got to admit it looks really nice but pricing is going to have to be right for it to go up against the titliest 913

Back