The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

We are just two short weeks out for the most part. I want to thank those that took the time to support the Morgan Cup as non-participants. You guys are a special part of this forum and what makes this place so unique. I also want to thank the participants that have given up months on end to be a part of this special weekend. Most of you have done an amazing job and it is because of you that this event is going on.

I want to take a minute and tell everybody that rain or shine, I will be there to give it my all. I appreciate the sincere notes both in the thread and in PM about my health and it means the world to me. You guys/gals are family and I mean that 1000%. As I have mentioned before, this will be my last MC as a competitor. It is not something that I want to get into completely, but I feel as though if there is another event, I can do more help from the outside than from the inside.

I want to thank GolferGal for doing all of the work this year that she has had to do. She is remarkable and each and every month that passes she shows that in a new way. Just for second think about dealing with 3 manufacturers and all the sponsorship packages, 24 players, a resort that has two courses, IT work, equipment work and all the while still doing her day to day job. Amazing lady that I am lucky to have by my side.

I want to thank Coolbreeze and TheAnnihilator. Without these two, this would be a fun tournament that nobody would see.

Innovation. It is what makes this site and the members so unique. It will not stop as long as you guys do not want it to stop. Thank you all for being a part of this journey with me, and I look forward to the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event.

Very well said JB!

I said it the other day that I can't imagine all of the hoops that GG has been jumping through dealing with 3 OEM's and 23 needy men...(she always has 1 so you don't count..LOL)

What she has been able to do is nothing short of phenomenol!

Morgan, thank you for all that you do...you truly are an amazing woman!

My vacaction starts 2 weeks from today and I can't wait to board the plane and head to Myrtle Beach!!

JB I always enjoy reading your posts like that one. GG really is a remarkable woman, I know my being part of TMC wasn't the easiest to deal with in terms of shipping and other aspects which will unfold during the event but Morgan has been helpful to the end. I'm looking forward to meeting you both very soon so I can thank you both in person for what you have for me

Okay guys, lets keep this one about the Morgan Cup. Thanks.

And, he's back! hahaha

It's mind blowing that we are so close to this thing starting. It seemed so long away in December, and here we are in the final stretch. Can't wait to see many of you again and to finally meet the rest.

It's mind blowing that we are so close to this thing starting. It seemed so long away in December, and here we are in the final stretch. Can't wait to see many of you again and to finally meet the rest.

First off smalls...its not mind blowing, it's mind bottling hehe
This next 2 weeks are going to fly by and then the event will be here and gone before you know it. Last year it seemed like once we got there that everything was moving at 100 MPH and the days were only 8 hours long. It was so much fun but just seemed to short. 2 weeks from tonight though I'll either still be driving or will have settled down a couple of hours away from MB. I'm getting so excited to see everyone, some for the first time, and some to just get the chance to hang out with them again. It's been a great ride so far and I look forward to what these next couple of weeks brings.

JB is right, it is right around the corner and it is so hard to believe! I have enjoyed every single minute of this experience, and it would not have been the same without JB and GG behind the scenes making everything go as it has. I appreciate them both and can't wait to meet GG in South Carolina. I am also excited to meet all my fellow competitors. We have all got to know each other so much more through this experience and I can't wait to take it to the next level and tee it up with as many of you as I can!

Sorry if this was already asked, but is there a dress code for the Friday evening dinner? My wife keeps bugging me about what she is supposed to wear.

Sorry if this was already asked, but is there a dress code for the Friday evening dinner? My wife keeps bugging me about what she is supposed to wear.

last year it was pretty casual if I recall. I can't remember if I wore jeans and polo or shorts with a polo

I really cant tell you dudes how excited I am for the Morgan Cup. Im coming up as just a volunteer, but I get excited just thinking about the weekend that is approaching. I really cant even imagine what you cats are feeling in regards to anticipation. It's almost here, literally only days away...

last year it was pretty casual if I recall. I can't remember if I wore jeans and polo or shorts with a polo
I wore jorts and a wife beater in honour of GG's home town!

I wore jorts and a wife beater in honour of GG's home town!

no wonder you picked up those ladies at the Walgreens we stopped in that night.

no wonder you picked up those ladies at the Walgreens we stopped in that night.
Those ladies were all over this Canadian, but you can't blame them. I'm like a foreign delicacy there.

Last year I wore a borrowed shirt and shorts to the THP dinner. Borrowed shirt since I left all my hanger shirts at home see. Man I'd be SCREWED if I did that this year! I might pack those shirts right now.

Last year I wore a borrowed shirt and shorts to the THP dinner. Borrowed shirt since I left all my hanger shirts at home see. Man I'd be SCREWED if I did that this year! I might pack those shirts right now.

I'll never forget when the term hanger shirts became a true saying.

Pack them now Jaker! I brought my Staff bag home today and cleaned it up and I'm going to start packing it tomorrow.

I really cant tell you dudes how excited I am for the Morgan Cup. Im coming up as just a volunteer, but I get excited just thinking about the weekend that is approaching. I really cant even imagine what you cats are feeling in regards to anticipation. It's almost here, literally only days away...

Scary close! Nerves have not hit me yet.....wonder when they will.

Sat Am about 8:00 and it will be like nothing you've ever felt.

Honestly last year I didn't get that nervous or uneasy feeling until I got dressed saturday morning.

I cant wait to see you guys on the course Thursday afternoon. Minds going crazy, reading the course like you never have before. I tihnk that round will be awesome.

It really hit me today. 2 weeks from now I will be in Myrtle. I'm beyond excited. Cant wait to meet everyone!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

it really hit me today. 2 weeks from now i will be in myrtle. I'm beyond excited. Cant wait to meet everyone!

Sent from my kindle fire using tapatalk 2
get me photo"s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gonna nice being down there and not have to compete against anybody.

It's gonna nice being down there and not have to compete against anybody.

Maybe we can hit that pepperoni roll joint. I need a fix.

--
Tapatalk2

Maybe we can hit that pepperoni roll joint. I need a fix.

--
Tapatalk2
I'm in!

Man, I'm starting to get excited for this trip and i really need it. Work has been stressful and I haven't had a vacation since the last MC, so this is just going to be a great relaxing golf weekend with the boys.

Haha, well one normally leads to the other.

Two weeks man, it's crazy to think how close it is.

--
Tapatalk2

I'm so glad I put a vid in for mc 2.0. Feel more connected to what everyone is experiencing, weird, but true. You guys are killing it and I can see everyone getting more nervous, excited, relaxed, happy, stressed all at once.

Back