The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

Exactly two weeks from now, I will be sitting in my office...but I will be excited for the lot of you. :act-up:

2 weeks from this very moment, many of us will be playing a practice round at True Blue.

Calling and making the tee times just made this all just that much more "real".

Still has not completely hit me in any way, but I think once I start packing next weekend and realize I am working Monday and then hitting the road - it will hit me hard. Similar to when we were driving to the Outing in May, but a bit more pressure and nerves this time around.

At this time 2 weeks from now, I'll be close to landing in Myrtle Beach and hoping that US Airways didn't find a way to screw up my golf bag. I'm excited about the tournament, but more excited about hanging out with some old friends and making some new friends, and also representing THP and all of the great companies in this event.

2 weeks from this very moment, many of us will be playing a practice round at True Blue.

Still has not completely hit me in any way, but I think once I start packing next weekend and realize I am working Monday and then hitting the road - it will hit me hard. Similar to when we were driving to the Outing in May, but a bit more pressure and nerves this time around.

Dang bro...when you put it like that, it is hard to believe how close we are.

Two weeks from right now I will be on a plane with Ary, Ary's dad and Hanks getting into the Myrtle Beach Airport. I will be smelly and tired from over 24 hours of travelling, but I will still grap hanks bum and give Ary a hug that lingers just that little bit too long.

Then its a shower and off to play a great round of golf with old friends.

Two weeks from right now I will be on a plane with Ary, Ary's dad and Hanks getting into the Myrtle Beach Airport. I will be smelly and tired from over 24 hours of travelling, but I will still grap hanks bum and give Ary a hug that lingers just that little bit too long.

And an hour after you land, you get to meet me, which is an awesome experience.

Is that still the Canadian version of hello? I'll be sure to wear some skinny shorts then

Yep, 2 weeks from right now I should be on the 6th or 7th hole still trying to recover from a hangover from Kelly's "welcome to America" BBQ! :D

And an hour after you land, you get to meet me, which is an awesome experience.
I don't know if you've heard but you're a pretty big deal.

I've been pretty jealous of you 24 during the whole selection, sponsor selection, fittings, equipment arrivals, etc, but I can honestly say I am the most jealous right now. The anticipation of meeting up with everyone and having a memorable few days together is what I am the most jealous about.

oh yeah...getting real right now.
in 2 weeks i'll be teeing it up with some great guys, making new friends, and just taking it all in.
sure to be one of the BEST experiences ever!

Sounds like everyone's getting pretty excited with only two weeks to go. Counting the days and hours, shining and re-shining their clubs ... Good luck everyone! Hope it's a great time for all.

Sounds like everyone's getting pretty excited with only two weeks to go. Counting the days and hours, shining and re-shining their clubs ... Good luck everyone! Hope it's a great time for all.

+1 I hope everyone has a great time down at the MC!!!

thanks man....it's been a real fun and a real pleasure going through all of this stuff

I've been pretty jealous of you 24 during the whole selection, sponsor selection, fittings, equipment arrivals, etc, but I can honestly say I am the most jealous right now. The anticipation of meeting up with everyone and having a memorable few days together is what I am the most jealous about.

My dad won't be on that plane, but my wife will be. If you grab her bum, you're getting the one-two piece.

I agree completely Dan. In several ways, it will be similar to the THP Outing just on a more intimate scale. Sure, everyone would like to win but we all know that it's not possible. So, we get to play 2 top notch courses, rep the heck out of our sponsors, and hang out with great friends. Truly is hard to top a weekend that we are about to encounter.

I had so much fun at the THP Outing in May and the Tour Van stop in Austin recently and simply can't wait to get there and hang out with a portion of my THP family!

I agree completely Dan. In several ways, it will be similar to the THP Outing just on a more intimate scale. Sure, everyone would like to win but we all know that it's not possible. So, we get to play 2 top notch courses, rep the heck out of our sponsors, and hang out with great friends. Truly is hard to top a weekend that we are about to encounter.

I had so much fun at the THP Outing in May and the Tour Van stop in Austin recently and simply can't wait to get there and hang out with a portion of my THP family!

I can assure you of one thing though....Your nerves on the 1st tee, with a camera rolling, after a lengthy introduction, will be NOTHING like teeing it up at the outing.

I can assure you of one thing though....Your nerves on the 1st tee, with a camera rolling, after a lengthy introduction, will be NOTHING like teeing it up at the outing.

I completely agree with this. My only thought on the tee after the long introduction was just to make contact with the ball. Anything that went forward was a bonus.

Ha, and with that said I do not doubt you for a moment. That is when I say a prayer, close my eyes, swing, and hope I make contact!

I completely agree with this. My only thought on the tee after the long introduction was just to make contact with the ball. Anything that went forward was a bonus.

As long as I don't top one out there about 100 feet, I will hold the pose and make it seem like it was right down the middle.

I'm taking putter off the 1st tee

This past outing did not have the "pressure" of years past cause of the shotgun starts for the rounds.

As long as I don't top one out there about 100 feet, I will hold the pose and make it seem like it was right down the middle.

well mine will be dead center fairway...so you can just go HAM and swing like SethO, with your CG Black bomber...

You can hold the pose, but we will report back on what really happens. :golf2:

Back