What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a very up and down 80 yesterday on a course that just seems to have my number. 38-42/80 +10. I felt like I played pretty well on the front, just left some shots on the greens. But then I made the turn and got held up on the 10th tee, was asked by the guy behind if he could play through, which then turned into an ok, but you aren't going anywhere, theres a single in front of me, a 2 and 3 some up in front of him. I wasn't in a hurry so I told him to go ahead and see if he could play through them all, and that really got my rhythm all messed up, since he decided he would just go ahead and join me. I then decided to play 10-14 in 5 over. With a bogey on 16 thrown in for good measure. Was another bad day on the greens for me, with 34 putts. Missing way to many putts inside 10 foot range.

Stats:
Winding River, Indy
Black tees 6680 (71.3-118)
Fir: 3/7 Front, 4/7 Back, 7/14 Total
Gir:5/9 Front, 4/9 Back, 9/18 Total
Putts: 17 Front, 17 Back

Just finished a quick 9 before getting ready here for work this afternoon. 68* when I left the house, actually thought about slacks, thank goodness I went the shorts route as it got warm quickly with almost no breeze at all. No warm up, no stretch, just walked up to the first tee and bang away not expecting any kind of good score. Par the first 4 in a row (with a poor drive), bogy #5 and double #7 (ob ball), otherwise continue the pars. 39 on the round was like "oh yeah". 15 putts is pretty rare for me with no pre-putts and saved my score a number of times as did the wedge. Only 3 fw's and 4 greens, but somehow stayed respectable.

Nice job, Duey!

Thanks. I may have to quite warming up before a round. My driver sucks though, time to revisit the Classic thread, haha.

I'm done with the pre-round warm-up too for awhile. Played some of my best golf lately when I just walked to the tee.

I'm done with the pre-round warm-up too for awhile. Played some of my best golf lately when I just walked to the tee.

I remember writing early in this thread that I wanted to get in to a routine of hitting the range and then heading out. It's just not me. I like getting out of my car and teeing off within 10 minutes.

I do think a little putting helps me though, but I'm always in a rush to get going.

I remember writing early in this thread that I wanted to get in to a routine of hitting the range and then heading out. It's just not me. I like getting out of my car and teeing off within 10 minutes.

I do think a little putting helps me though, but I'm always in a rush to get going.

I was tight and sore for about 3 holes with no warm up, then got up there and hit a 220 yard bomb. It felt good to explode on the ball.

LOL Due. We are beasts.

LOL Due. We are beasts.

Just good clean living buddy. Most people have to really work at the game while you and I have natural God given talents.

9 holes yesterday, -2 for 34. "Missed" only two iron shots which pleased me since I've been working hard on that. Game feels good.

As well it should, that is stout shooting there buddy.

Just finished a quick 9 before getting ready here for work this afternoon. 68* when I left the house, actually thought about slacks, thank goodness I went the shorts route as it got warm quickly with almost no breeze at all. No warm up, no stretch, just walked up to the first tee and bang away not expecting any kind of good score. Par the first 4 in a row (with a poor drive), bogy #5 and double #7 (ob ball), otherwise continue the pars. 39 on the round was like "oh yeah". 15 putts is pretty rare for me with no pre-putts and saved my score a number of times as did the wedge. Only 3 fw's and 4 greens, but somehow stayed respectable.

Nice shooting there due, but does anyone really do much warm up or stretching when they are playing at their home course? I know I am always ready to hit the course and start playing actual golf holes.

I was tight and sore for about 3 holes with no warm up, then got up there and hit a 220 yard bomb. It felt good to explode on the ball.
Man Duey. That is a bomb! Did you get a trophy for longest drive EVER?

Nice shooting there due, but does anyone really do much warm up or stretching when they are playing at their home course? I know I am always ready to hit the course and start playing actual golf holes.

Oh great DD, the voice of reason comes in to break my bubble, lol. Actually, I do spend a few minutes putting and will run by the driving range and hit three or four real quick just to limber a little most days. I'm not quite as fluid as I once was.

Man Duey. That is a bomb! Did you get a trophy for longest drive EVER?

NO! I thought I had it a couple weeks ago, but it was ladies only.

I ususally at least stretch. Even if its for a minute of just really basic stretches. Makes me feel much better.

Golf is fickle, I went out yesterday and played so poorly I quite keeping score after about 7 holes. Probably would have been in the mid 90s. Went out today and broke 80 for just the 3rd time. I hit 8 fw and 9 greens on the way to a 39/38 77. I had 31 putts and 2 penalty strokes. The greens were really slow which really caused me problems on the front. I left just about every 1st putt short on the front. I haven't played on greens that slow in a while.

Overall it was a great round.

I got out for 11 holes after work and played them in 47 (+3). I have been hitting huge slices with my driver of late but a change I made with 4 holes to go today seems to have made a difference, I split the last 4 fairways. Hoping it continues to work tomorrow.

I do usually stretch a little, nothing extreme but I will touch my toes and swing a club a little. just messing with you a little there my friend.

carded an even par 35 last night in league.
7 straight pars, birdie on 8 and an unfortunate bogey on 9.

Just saw this, nice job Tyno!

I've just recently started paying a little more attention to stat tracking (fairway %, GIR %, etc), and I'd never realized what a huge opportunity I had in driving accuracy. I've been scoring fairly well lately but only hitting about 40% of my fairways. Just cut down my driver 1" (45.75" down to 44.75") and played yesterday and hit 79% of my fairways! Unfortunately, the one bad swing I put on my driver really hurt me (OB) and I had a couple three-putts and an extra pair of misses from ~3 feet. Still ended up with 78, but sure felt like it could have been much better.

I shot a VERY disappointing 91 today. irons were great, driver was great, putter was horrid! I had some very good shots from 100 in but couldn't make a putt to save my life.

7-13.png

Got a neat 80, 40 out 40 in, @ Laurentide GC. Plunked down 2 birdies, 1 per side. Oh man, I should've gotta count on 18. I thought I needed another bird for 80, when a par would've got me 79. So, I went for it on 3rd shot and slight pulled it just off green and chipped badly, then 2 putted. I'm happy with 80, 2nd lowest score of the year. It was blazing out too. Anyways, just good to get out there.

Went out for 18 but had to quit after 9. I overheated badly, profuse sweating, dizziness... even though I drank more than 48 oz of water during the 9, it wasn't enough.

43. But I figure if that's the worst I can play while feeling so badly, it's not too bad. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back