Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You looking for a hard one or a soft one?

Please no jokes even though that is hilarious. No other way I could put it.

Doesn't really matter much to me

Doesn't really matter much to me

Stop by your local Dick's or something. They should have some. I've got one from there that was like $40 and has lasted me plenty of trips.

I'm thinking of putting in a fybrid bridge club to plug the gap at the top end of my bag

Picked one up tonight at PGASS, but was $179.99. Was going the same route as you, but with the investment in clubs, figured another 80+tax was worth it with TSA quality snoop control. Still haven't decided if I should get the Stiff Arm rod to put in it as well.

http://shop.pgatoursuperstore.com/bag.aspx?pd=1005031

After playing with the 3gen's on my irons and hybrids today, I'm really pondering putting them on my wedges and my woods before the MC.

After playing with the 3gen's on my irons and hybrids today, I'm really pondering putting them on my wedges and my woods before the MC.

I kind of want to steal your idea..dont judge me

I kind of want to steal your idea..dont judge me
Dude, its awesome you should do it. I was loving it today and now I will just need 5 more of them.

Dude, its awesome you should do it. I was loving it today and now I will just need 5 more of them.

I kind of want to. Feel like it would look badass

I'm thinking of swapping the grips on my driver and 3 wood prior to the MC, the lightweight grips on them just feel a little too thin to me. I am wondering what effect there would be to putting on slightly heavier grips (Tour Velvet or VDRs).

I'm thinking of swapping the grips on my driver and 3 wood prior to the MC, the lightweight grips on them just feel a little too thin to me. I am wondering what effect there would be to putting on slightly heavier grips (Tour Velvet or VDRs).
I really don't think you would notice man. I think its important to like the feel of the grip thats on your club, very important in fact. Its the main reason I swapped out all my iron grips yesterday, I just wasn't comfortable with the grips so they had to go.

You should look at the 3gens man, they are good. Good enough that I'm even considering swapping the vdr's on my wedges out for them and everyone knows how I feel about vdr's.

I really don't think you would notice man. I think its important to like the feel of the grip thats on your club, very important in fact. Its the main reason I swapped out all my iron grips yesterday, I just wasn't comfortable with the grips so they had to go.

You should look at the 3gens man, they are good. Good enough that I'm even considering swapping the vdr's on my wedges out for them and everyone knows how I feel about vdr's.

I'll check the 3gens out next week. Don't you have your grips with 2 wraps too? I'm trying to figure out whether to add wraps for my grips or not. I'm weird in that I have fairly long fingers, but my palms aren't all that big. It makes finding a good fit in a glove pretty hard, and I'm not sure how my hands should fit around the grip either.

What grips were on your irons Breezy!

I'm thinking of swapping the grip on my putter out for something a little thicker too.

I really need to find a four iron replacement. I was thinking a 25* hybrid would do the trick so I went and hit a few. Turns out I hit the just as far as my 21* hybrid... now i'm thinking it's because my old hybo is a few years old and loosing a little bit of tech (mostly forgiveness). Not sure how I should go about this. 18* and 21* or 23* or 21 and 25...or throw a mashie f7 in the mix, I bet that would be quite a bit longer than a 4 iron but I could then add a hybrid in there at 25*...

I really need to find a four iron replacement. I was thinking a 25* hybrid would do the trick so I went and hit a few. Turns out I hit the just as far as my 21* hybrid... now i'm thinking it's because my old hybo is a few years old and loosing a little bit of tech (mostly forgiveness). Not sure how I should go about this. 18* and 21* or 23* or 21 and 25...or throw a mashie f7 in the mix, I bet that would be quite a bit longer than a 4 iron but I could then add a hybrid in there at 25*...

I'm really enjoying the 4H in the Razr XF set. It's the easiest club to hit I've ever had. I just have a ton of confidence that every time I take a swing, good things are going to happen

I'll check the 3gens out next week. Don't you have your grips with 2 wraps too? I'm trying to figure out whether to add wraps for my grips or not. I'm weird in that I have fairly long fingers, but my palms aren't all that big. It makes finding a good fit in a glove pretty hard, and I'm not sure how my hands should fit around the grip either.
Ary, I have big hands and long fingers and every fitting chart would say that I should be in at least a midsize grip but that doesn't feel comfortable to me. I like regular grips with one extra wrap of tape and that feels right to me. I'm playing in a charity scramble tomorrow and then after that I will be repripping my woods and wedges I think.
What grips were on your irons Breezy!

I'm thinking of swapping the grip on my putter out for something a little thicker too.
Hey man, I had the Lamkin N-Durs on the irons and they were just a little too big, and a little too firm for my liking. A good grip, but just not for me.

I'm pondering a push cart and I think I may go pick one up after church. I mean, I want to be a serious golfer and they walk....right?

I'm pondering a push cart and I think I may go pick one up after church. I mean, I want to be a serious golfer and they walk....right?

Love my Clicgear man. It's paid for itself twice over already

In the 3 weeks I've had it it's paid for itself. I love mine. ClicGear FTW!

Pity the fool who Tapalks

I've been putting the equipment pondering aside for a while. But recently, with my driver head showing separation from the ferrule. I've been pondering a replacement. I know I can get an easy fix for my Fast 10 and will. For now, I'm just waiting for the Golf Town Clearance Sale in August and I'm hoping the drivers I've been looking at go real low, especially the Cleveland Classic 290.

I'm talking with an ebay seller about what shipping would be on a Seemore FGP that he has for sale. I've always wanted a Seemore and if the price ends up being right this putter will be mine.

I'm talking with an ebay seller about what shipping would be on a Seemore FGP that he has for sale. I've always wanted a Seemore and if the price ends up being right this putter will be mine.

Bro I've got an FGP that I'm not using...I just don't have a headcover for it. It's basically brand new.

Whoops, forgot you swing from the wrong side

Bro I've got an FGP that I'm not using...I just don't have a headcover for it. It's basically brand new.

Whoops, forgot you swing from the wrong side
Thanks for the offer though.

You could also look into an S3 Max 4 iron... will be more forgiving (SGI) and maybe a little longer too. Could also look into a small profile hybrid (Pro a12?) in like 23*.

Pondering some different hybrid heads to stick in the Nunchuk shaft that I will be testing. I am going to put it in my current hybrid at first, so I have something to compare it to, but after a while I'd like to try it with at least one other head. I'm thinking Mashie, or maybe XTD. What are some other heads I should look into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back