2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like really good exposure and good will for little money. TM may not feel they need to care, but if I was Mizuno, Cobra, Nike, I'd beg to participate.

It's way more than equipment dude.

--
Tapatalk2

Well except for Chunkys matches. They'd probably only get a few of his shots due to his NSFW language hehe

hahaha...you are probably right

I really don't care which 2 or 3 OEM's decide to get involved. I just hope they know we're going to bring it and rock the heck out of their brands.

Truth!!! I'd love to see OEMs line up to get involved for this.

It's great to see everyone so excited about the next one, and it's even better knowing that there is absolutely going to be a next one. For those of you thinking that you want to get into this thing, from everything that I have seen, get ready to work! It's no easy task and from everything that we know forum members, forum leadership, and the OEMs all watch from beginning to end. Just be prepared to make that commitment to be a great THP'er for months to come.

I had an amazing time in SC, can't wait to make it to some outings with the hubby. I would also love to be at MC 3.0, I think I had almost as much fun helping out on the courses as I did at our spa day!

I really don't care which 2 or 3 OEM's decide to get involved. I just hope they know we're going to bring it and rock the heck out of their brands.

Respect! I really like this right here

I'd consider myself a fit enough guy and I was exhausted Sunday afternoon along with everyone else. I think even for safety alone you couldnt let anyone walk. Even the volunteers were wrecked and they were all in carts

Yup same here. I am still tired!!

It's great to see everyone so excited about the next one, and it's even better knowing that there is absolutely going to be a next one. For those of you thinking that you want to get into this thing, from everything that I have seen, get ready to work! It's no easy task and from everything that we know forum members, forum leadership, and the OEMs all watch from beginning to end. Just be prepared to make that commitment to be a great THP'er for months to come.

Great post Frank. Rep would be added but I have to spread it around.

I think it would be really tough walking the 54 holes of the Morgan Cup. I can tell you from a volunteers perspective that these guys were really mentally drained during their matches. They really had to stay on point for each shot and huffing up hills would not help this out at all.

I think it would be cool to see the MC in a mountain area for the 3.0. That would be cooler weather and add some elevation changes to the courses.

I think it would be really tough walking the 54 holes of the Morgan Cup. I can tell you from a volunteers perspective that these guys were really mentally drained during their matches. They really had to stay on pint for each shot and huffing up hills would not help this out at all.

Nah, that was just Kelly...:alien:

Well said bud, I agree 100%.

This is definitely not a show up and play type of deal. Countless hours go into it from general forum participation, repping your sponsor(s), & working on your game.

Just like last year, I hope everyone understands the time commitments going into it along with the expectations. I believe that it is best for everyone involved to completely understand upfront what the expectations are.

Depending on the person, it can be taxing, but boy - it most certainly is worth every ounce of effort that you put into it!

This is definitely not a show up and play type of deal. Countless hours go into it from general forum participation, repping your sponsor(s), & working on your game.

Just like last year, I hope everyone understands the time commitments going into it along with the expectations. I believe that it is best for everyone involved to completely understand upfront what the expectations are.

Depending on the person, it can be taxing, but boy - it most certainly is worth every ounce of effort that you put into it!

Well you guys certainly showed that this year! I think you guys did an unbelievable job with this and made the MC truly incredible. If you don't know what kind of work it is go check out the preparation thread and see just how much these dudes busted their butts.

But I also bet they all say it was worth it

I keep hearing this, and I keep thinking that if all that "fun stuff" (forum participation, working on my game, etc) is work, I want that job! Lol. But seriously, we appreciate all the work you guys put in to make it possible to do this again. I am going to try my hardest to be there as a volunteer next year.

Well you guys certainly showed that this year! I think you guys did an unbelievable job with this and made the MC truly incredible. If you don't know what kind of work it is go check out the preparation thread and see just how much these dudes busted their butts.

But I also bet they all say it was worth it

Absolutely worth it. Every ache and pain, every drop of sweat was rewarded in full. I would do it again tomorrow if asked to.

--
Tapatalk2

Seems like really good exposure and good will for little money. TM may not feel they need to care, but if I was Mizuno, Cobra, Nike, I'd beg to participate.

Before we go further, I just want to say we have not said a thing about any companies in 2013. So far the Morgan Cup has featured TaylorMade, Callaway, Cleveland and Bridgestone. Not a single company that we have ever approached has said no. We will take some time since this one has not even aired yet and decide what we think is best for the Morgan Cup in 2013.

I keep hearing this, and I keep thinking that if all that "fun stuff" (forum participation, working on my game, etc) is work, I want that job! Lol. But seriously, we appreciate all the work you guys put in to make it possible to do this again. I am going to try my hardest to be there as a volunteer next year.

You also need to realize, these guys did it on top of full time jobs and family responsibilities. An amazing feat of time management, not to even mention personal expense.

Hey, what do you know....

SOMETHING SPECIAL IS COMING TOMORROW FOR ALL OF THOSE 2013 HOPEFULS!

Good lord I still haven't fully unpacked!

--
Tapatalk2

AWESOME!!!! Can't wait! You certainly know how to cause a stir...

You also need to realize, these guys did it on top of full time jobs and family responsibilities. An amazing feat of time management, not to even mention personal expense.

Oh I agree. It's a bit different from my perspective since I have a ton of free time. With a full time job and managing a family and whatnot, that would clearly be tough.

I can't wait for tomorrow's announcement. Thanks for the heads up JB.

Uh oh, the tease starts already....

Can't wait to hear what's in store!!

Good grief you two! You haven't even fully unpacked yet! You should get that little birdie to help you put stuff in drawers and such. Awesome news though

Loving it, you guys NEVER stop!

Good lord I still haven't fully unpacked!

--
Tapatalk2

We dont even have our stuff to unpack yet. But this is just a little something that will make some people go nuts. IN A GOOD WAY!

We dont even have our stuff to unpack yet. But this is just a little something that will make some people go nuts. IN A GOOD WAY!

Well isn't that a pleasant surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back