The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

I thought about just saving one for the memory shelf.

I think the fact that the equipment and the prep was more in the spotlight rather than trash talk was awesome. I felt like in the first one, the trash talk was the big star of the show, and it wasn't a lot of fun to do to be honest.

The courses were better IMO. Watching the belbs drive it into the greenside bunkers at Reunion got a little old.

But the biggest difference were the volunteers. They were all different and they all brought their personalities to the mix. I loved some of the questions they asked us while out there. Hopefully you get a good sense of it when the videos start rolling out.

Media Day. Having forum interaction was a surprise and it was awesome. Nerfny walked around letting us know who was asking us what and we did our best to go straight to the camera and answer.

and correct me if Im wrong, but last year didnt you guys get your clubs very late in the process compared to this year? I think by having them so early this year, as you said the spotlight could be on those since there was time to get opinions, etc and tons of testing and reviews done ahead of time, as compared to the trash talk as it was last year

and correct me if Im wrong, but last year didnt you guys get your clubs very late in the process compared to this year? I think by having them so early this year, as you said the spotlight could be on those since there was time to get opinions, etc and tons of testing and reviews done ahead of time, as compared to the trash talk as it was last year

It would depend on the club. The entire process with clubs was very different last year.

Yes mike, we did. In fact, I picked up my driver/woods/hybrid/wedges the day before last year. The one good thing about that was that I spent a ton of time with them on the range during media day, but I felt like getting our stuff in a timeline this year was better for my sponsors ROI.

Yes mike, we did. In fact, I picked up my driver/woods/hybrid/wedges the day before last year. The one good thing about that was that I spent a ton of time with them on the range during media day, but I felt like getting our stuff in a timeline this year was better for my sponsors ROI.

Very interesting thoughts TC. I like the idea that you guys got them earlier this year, provided more time for feedback and to get comfortable with them. Do you think you hit them better than what you hit last year just because of the time spent with them?

"I am not going to bother with that ball, I have 6 dozen."

Very interesting thoughts TC. I like the idea that you guys got them earlier this year, provided more time for feedback and to get comfortable with them. Do you think you hit them better than what you hit last year just because of the time spent with them?

I definitely drove the ball better this year, but I played well last year too. I don't know, I felt fine with my stuff last year, but I felt better about giving back to Cleveland more b/c I had stuff with time to work and write about.

I definitely drove the ball better this year, but I played well last year too. I don't know, I felt fine with my stuff last year, but I felt better about giving back to Cleveland more b/c I had stuff with time to work and write about.

I appreciate all the thought that went into everyones reviews.. I even find myself gravitating towards the Bridgestone reviews to look at how good they are even though I know I cant buy them

Working on day 1 morning rounds in the video editing is rough. So many videos 796 to be exact for just this round of golf not including intros. Working on getting that to 250 to make it solid. Easier than I thought because eliminating swearing, club dropping and some "interesting" shots. Some great stuff will be seen.

I had an interesting shot or two Saturday morning.

JB....You Da Man !!

Working on day 1 morning rounds in the video editing is rough. So many videos 796 to be exact for just this round of golf not including intros. Working on getting that to 250 to make it solid. Easier than I thought because eliminating swearing, club dropping and some "interesting" shots. Some great stuff will be seen.
I almost got killed on one of those "interesting" shots.

Were you guys channeling your inner Tiger?

Or was it a case of hawksweat?

As a fellow "editor" I understand your pain, even 100 videos is bad enough. . .good luck eh

Sorry about that....was not on purpose I swear.

Glad to see there was no swearing or club dropping all weekend from me I don't believe!

sure hope some of the "interesting" shots make it to a blooper real perhaps

couldnt imagine having to go through all of those videos

I think what would be crazy would be to have the Morgan Cup in Texas-Texas Golf is tough and should make it interesting haha. -Wait but then Cookie would have a home field advantage. . .

If you're getting rid of interesting shots, then there won't be many of mine! haha

Along with everyone else, I'm definitely excited to see these videos.

I think what would be crazy would be to have the Morgan Cup in Texas-Texas Golf is tough and should make it interesting haha. -Wait but then Cookie would have a home field advantage. . .

I think if its truely going to be the Ultimate Experience, then it should be played in Texas, at Nate's course as its the toughest in America

I think if its truely going to be the Ultimate Experience, then it should be played in Texas, at Nate's course as its the toughest in America

That's what I was thinking, seriously Texas courses are so hard, Everything's bigger in Texas-except the hole.

Sorry about that....was not on purpose I swear.

Glad to see there was no swearing or club dropping all weekend from me I don't believe!

Too bad your Saturday AM partner couldn't also do that. :alien:

Driver from the deck into the fairway bunker was nice! haha

If you're getting rid of interesting shots, then there won't be many of mine! haha

I would like some clarification of "interesting shots". lol

Back