What kind of Golf Bags do you use?

Great choice DD and Hart. I picked up the C130 and SYNC pages a few months ago. This is my second C 130. SM makes a great bag. Had one minor issue with Sync and SM replaced it with new one promptly. Super customer service as well.

TapAhoy!

This one. Lightweight, A+++ pockets, great straps my only beef is I don't know how to arrange my clubs in the divider. It's kinda odd, any tips?
images

images

I usually use a clicgear push cart so i go with functionality for sure. I'm using a goliath that has the 14 club separators, cooler and a few huge pockets.

I go for functionality as well, but I was able to get a TaylorMade bag that I really liked and had all the features I wanted. Looks good with mt TM clubs. My back before that was an Ogio that was a great bag.

I must admit, my bag has to match either my Titleist irons or Taylor Made woods. This has resulted in me getting some poor bags in the past. My last Titleist carry bag was terrible quality and Taylor Made bags have always been pretty awful in the past IMO. Luckily, TM seem to have sorted out their ideas with regards to bags, and my current Taylor Made hybrid bag is probably the best I've owned.

Tapped via tapatalk

I walk more than I ride so the straps are the most important to me. I had an Ogio Velocity bag, which I really like, but the straps are garbage. So I wound up getting a Bridgestone Golf Tour stand bag. So much better with the straps, its a little heavier, but is so much more comfortable to carry. I didn't really get it to match anything, although I do play Bridgestone balls.

I go for function over all else, though I'll admit that I like a bag that is pleasing to the eye. I try and avoid one that has a brand name of a particular club type. I'm not one to give a company free advertising. Of course, if one bag is a fraction of the price of another solely because there's a brand on the side of it, then that's what I'll go with.

Another decision to make is whether you want full length dividers (I personally think that's a must have) and how many you actually want. There are pros and cons to 14 unique slots, particularly if you are testing clubs out (and thus have more than 14 in your bag). I personally like a combination of individual slots paired with some larger slots.

With respect to function, I suggest finding one that matches your usage profile. For me, when I'm on the course, I ride 85% of the time and use a push cart 15% of the time. It's critical that a bag fit in the well of a motorized or push cart. For every round on the course, I probably do 3-4 range sessions, so having the stand functionality is required. I also like the backpack styled straps for carrying the bag. I also tend to carry a lot of balls because I stink and I lose them a lot. Therefore it is important for me to have a decent amount of storage space. Weight is less of an issue.

With my usage criteria, I really like the Ogio Grom and the Sun Mountain Hybrid. I have played Sun Mountains and found them to be great bags, but ended up getting a Grom due to finding a good deal. I mention my criteria because I really think my usage pattern aligns with that of most recreational golfers.

Go Pack!!

I go with whats functional. Right now Ive got a Sun Mountain C-130 and I like it a lot.

Functionality, I use two bags. A cart bag with my three wheeler and a carry bag on road trips where I may end up carrying 18 or using a caddie.

Leaning toward functionality for me as well...gotta have pockets, zippers, and lightweight, I walk when I play

Try to go as light as possible, but as much space as possible. With the weather here for 10 months of the year being unpredictable, need space for jackets and sweaters. Yet because I always carry, I needed something light weight. The Nike bag just fit that criteria and I have no complaints about it.

Sent from my HTC One X

If I can, functionality and maybe some branding to match my set as well...

My thoughts exactly, lightweight with plenty of room for anything

It's a Mizuno bag stand bag, about 14 years old now. Still works just fine.

~Rock

Ogio...I play Mizuno irons, and I've been thinking of a Mizuno bag just for the fun of it, but I'm no longer a "branded" man, so it really doesn't matter.

i just got the Adidas adi tour stand bag. It has great functionality and looks great too. i guess i just have to see how long it lasts. my last two bags didn't last as long as i thought they should.

Functionality/Features, then price & manufacturer. I currently use a 2011 Callaway Org 14 Cart bag (this year's is way cooler). I chose it because I like having 14 slots with full length dividers. It has plenty of pockets, including a cooler pocket. When I walk I use a pushcart so I don't worry about how heavy it is.

I am looking at some of the hybrid bags though. Would be nice to have the option of using the legs if I needed them.

Love my Bennington QO-12

Same here, great bag, no clanging clubs. Room for a small family to live in it. Enough pockets for eveything. Not carrying it though - ever. (because it has everything in it)

I have mostly TM clubs but their bags have never really appealed to me. Something about then says to me they won't last as long as some other bags.

I have a Tour Edge Exotic Extreme Cart Bag, and the Bridgestone Staff bag the MCers were using.

I have a titleist lightweight carry bag. it's perfect - i love walking when I play and it's great for what I need (4 compartments). My buddy has a ping hoofer and I like that as well, but the stands on the titleist are much sturdier / more responsive. a+ bag.

lol what's a brand? my dad picked mine out for me. i bought it cuz it was light. i didn't realize it was a big brand until 2 years after. still use it after about 5 years.
lightest with the most pockets is what works for me :)

Functionality for me. Nike stand Taylormade stand and Titlelist Cart for the clic gear buggy

My Sun mountain c130 finally showed up. Pretty excited.
917cd26f.jpg

Back