Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that article from Business Insider earlier today that talked about how the Iphone is more about the Apple ecosystem than the phone itself. But for me, I have about 5 things I use a lot of my phone: Gmail, Google Maps, Tapatalk, Twitter, Facebook. Android can do all of that pretty easily, and I guess I've learned to live with the fact that some apps are just going to be Apple-only and not come to Android. My only fear is the screen size with the S3 and adjusting to a new skin since I really like HTC Sense, but I'll deal with it. I'm way past due on my upgrade anyways, I've had my HTC Incredible for 2.5 years now.

There are some things that I never realized how much I missed until I went back to Android last week. A back button. I mean really? I know iPhone does not want buttons, but it is amazing how easy it is to use it. A better mail program. SInce you use GMail, this is not a huge deal. Google Maps is simply the best GPS program out there and turn by turn directions are better than any other we have used. Sitting side by side with GG using her iPhone paid for GPS program and google maps beats it every time in both accuracy of route given and taken.

The iPhone OS is still "cleaner". It runs more fluid, but the Android OS has come a long way in the last few years and is quite good.

My phone is not syncing my email ever since the ice cream sandwich update and it's beginning to frustrate me.

Ary, I think you should do this. If the iPhone comes out and you want it, you can always sell the S3 back to Best Buy for a nice chunk of change. But, once you have the S3, you wont want another iPhone, I promise you that. You saw my S3, you know you wanted it.

Looks like I have a trip early next week to the AT&T store......bye bye iPhone. Ready for a change.

War and Kmac need some royalties with the S3's they are selling. I saw Wars phone and it was really nice. Me want!

I love how phones are like golf equipment around here. A couple of dudes start getting something then everyone does. That phone's way to big for my tastes.

******, you do realize that you will eventually be forced into a smart phone? I can't believe you don't have one. Do you still use mapquest when driving places?

War and Kmac need some royalties with the S3's they are selling. I saw Wars phone and it was really nice. Me want!
Haha, I think Samsung could afford to send a little check my way!

How do you download google
Chrome for the iPhone

How do you download google
Chrome for the iPhone
Go to the app store, search for chrome, hit download. Should be one of the top apps in the app store?

Its so much better than safari, my goodness!

Nothing like a browser that will save your passwords!

How could anything Google makes be better than an apple product? I kid I kid. Makes one think about android vs ios though

Yeah, safari sucks on just about everything. I dont know how they dont revamp it. At least Microsoft is trying to revamp Internet Explorer.

How could anything Google makes be better than an apple product? I kid I kid. Makes one think about android vs ios though

Go to the app store, search for chrome, hit download. Should be one of the top apps in the app store?

Thanks buddy, I didn't know that app existed

War,
I want an update on that case buddy

War,
I want an update on that case buddy

That's freaky dude. I literally just put it on my phone after it got delivered and was going to post in here about it.

The back is a lot thicker and sturdy than the original back cover. It came in Samsung packaging, so it's OEM quality. Some people hate the plastic feeling of a Samsung device, but this adds a bit of heft to it and makes it feel a bit more solid.

The flipccove wraps around back and doesn't interfere with using the phone at all. For $20 on Amazon, it's a must buy.

Awesome ordering today.

Just picked up a Galaxy Nexus! Wanted to wait for the GSIII but couldn't afford the price tag. So I got a Gnex for 250 on Craigslist and kept my unlimited data. Man what a phone from a Thunderbolt it is like night and day.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A/V guys - What do you think about the Intergra A/V Receiver and RB Hassing speakers in general?

Not sure when this happened but I've got an LTE next to my 4G symbol on my phone. Nice. Looks like they flipped the switch somewhere around me.

Not sure when this happened but I've got an LTE next to my 4G symbol on my phone. Nice. Looks like they flipped the switch somewhere around me.

I have had that since we got the phone. If you are just getting it now, be prepared for blazing speeds.

I have had that since we got the phone. If you are just getting it now, be prepared for blazing speeds.

Yeah I noticed the speed in Orlando at the outing. My phone went on lte for the first time down there and it was like being on wifi it was that fast.

The best thing about chrome on iOS is the incognito feature...allows me to get my golf fix without the boss knowing!

Do a Speedtest and let us know what you score.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back