Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried some Adams irons today. Pro A12 (KBS Tour) and Black CB3(KBS Tour 90) and I think I found my shaft. The Tour 90 launched a lot higher than the Tour or my DGS300s, probably hit about half a club farther. Definitely want the CB3s in my long irons, not sure about 7-PW.

There is a current testing going on with the Tour 90's. Check the thread out.

I came very very close to buying an AMP driver today. Pondering how long I can hold off buying one haha

Dude I am in the same boat, I may ebay one just cuz. I hit it very last 2 weekends ago at GS and want one bad. Another Makers and I may just get one, $150 on the bay.

The scotty is a newport select studio with deep milling. Not sure if that changes things.

With his putters it goes deeper milling=softer feel

Tapping till 12-21-2012

There is a current testing going on with the Tour 90's. Check the thread out.

Yeah, I've checked it out. I have trouble relating to what other people see, feel, experience and write down. It rarely translates into what I want and feel from a piece of equipment. I get very little information out of it (though I'm sure it helps others).

With his putters it goes deeper milling=softer feel

Tapping till 12-21-2012

That just sounds like marketing to me

That just sounds like marketing to me

I agree and disagree at the same time LOL

Typically deeper milling has a "softer feel" simply because there is less surface area of the putter face coming into contact with the ball and it dulls the sound making it not as high pitched or "clicky". That's all the deeper milling does, it changes the sound. Sound in putters IS feel IMO.

I came very very close to buying an AMP driver today. Pondering how long I can hold off buying one haha

Embrace the AMP, embrace the juicy goodness

I am definitely pondering when Jman is gonna get me some info on refinishing a putter...:alien: I putted pretty darn well today with the Squareback in its first outing and I want that putter to look gorgeous.

I am definitely pondering when Jman is gonna get me some info on refinishing a putter...:alien: I putted pretty darn well today with the Squareback in its first outing and I want that putter to look gorgeous.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

ASAP is the answer. I'm the most forgetful person ever sometimes.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

ASAP is the answer. I'm the most forgetful person ever sometimes.

Lmao its all good man! I'm going to be away on a trip this weekend so no rush! Just giving you a little friendly ribbing. :alien: I really enjoyed this putter today.

I'm expecting 4 envelopes in the mail that will help fund more ponders, hopefully in the next couple days. Pondering an i20 driver or higher lofted head and an undecided shaft.

Jman, what was the final decision on the Launch Lab? Did you give up waiting or did it finally arrive?

Jman, what was the final decision on the Launch Lab? Did you give up waiting or did it finally arrive?

Funny you ask that.

I decided to keep it, worst case I sell the head, keep the shaft, and come out even. Anyways, Adams CS continues to amaze me with how crappy they have handled this, they shipped it Friday, refused to give a tracking to Dennis today, but informed him its due to arrive there tomorrow...IN CALIFORNIA! They were supposed to drop ship it! Instead of Texas to Oklahoma its now Texas to Cali to Oklahoma....nice.

I still want the LL, when I'm honest with myself, I really do. But, I don't see Adams getting any more of my money for some time, hopefully TM fixes the woeful Adams CS.

Funny you ask that.

I decided to keep it, worst case I sell the head, keep the shaft, and come out even. Anyways, Adams CS continues to amaze me with how crappy they have handled this, they shipped it Friday, refused to give a tracking to Dennis today, but informed him its due to arrive there tomorrow...IN CALIFORNIA! They were supposed to drop ship it! Instead of Texas to Oklahoma its now Texas to Cali to Oklahoma....nice.

I still want the LL, when I'm honest with myself, I really do. But, I don't see Adams getting any more of my money for some time, hopefully TM fixes the woeful Adams CS.

I understand completely. This is kind of how I feel about both PING and Cleveland at the moment. My troubles with my PING orders has been well documented, but I have stayed quite about the Cleveland mess. I reordered the Classic after my stuff was stolen but asked to switch it to a 9* head. A month and a half later and still nothing. I contacted my contact and he got on their butts. Soon enough a driver arrives with a note saying they are sorry about the mix up and that my order got missed when they were redoing their shipping system. As an apology they wanted to include a free sleeve of Q-Stars (not even Z-Stars :)). I started hitting my driver and realized that after all of that they sent me the 10.5* head. Oh and two days later they dropped the price on the Classic by $100. Grrr :)

Dennis just let me know he'd be opening it to check the club, apparently they sent their Tour Rep three LL's with the wrong shafts just the other day. NICE!

Just give me my driver!

Dennis just let me know he'd be opening it to check the club, apparently they sent their Tour Rep three LL's with the wrong shafts just the other day. NICE!

Just give me my driver!

What a cluster-F of a situation, Jman.

What a cluster-F of a situation, Jman.

Truly is. If Dennis emails me and tells me they sent it with a Fubuki and not the 6M3, I may drive to Texas, stop and nap at Cookies, drive the rest of the way and go on a full fledged offensive with Adams! LOL

I just want my dang club, ya know? I wish I didn't want it as bad as I really do though so I could have just cut and run already. I know its what I should have done and I'm being a glutton for punishment, but I really want it!

Truly is. If Dennis emails me and tells me they sent it with a Fubuki and not the 6M3, I may drive to Texas, stop and nap at Cookies, drive the rest of the way and go on a full fledged offensive with Adams! LOL

I just want my dang club, ya know? I wish I didn't want it as bad as I really do though so I could have just cut and run already. I know its what I should have done and I'm being a glutton for punishment, but I really want it!

Maybe you should just spend more time hitting your current driver and not buy into the marketing of all these new clubs. :alien:

Maybe you should just spend more time hitting your current driver and not buy into the marketing of all these new clubs. :alien:

You tell him Frank!.....

You still going to the Anser fitting tomorrow? :)

formerly butters35

Unless I completely missed it.. What club are you getting?

Unless I completely missed it.. What club are you getting?

LOL, you completely missed it. Some fancy schmancy Adams driver that comes with a Black Tie in. The something Lab, or Lab something. WHo knows with Adams? They pump out more stuff than a Southeast Asian Nike factory.

LOL, you completely missed it. Some fancy schmancy Adams driver that comes with a Black Tie in. The something Lab, or Lab something. WHo knows with Adams? They pump out more stuff than a Southeast Asian Nike factory.

For all the garbage that a few other companies get for pumping stuff out, nobody has put out more stuff than Adams as of late.

hah! Is that what this "launch lab" business is?! I thought it was some sort of launch monitor hahahaha!

For all the garbage that a few other companies get for pumping stuff out, nobody has put out more stuff than Adams as of late.

I wonder why they don't get the negative press that companies like Taylormade does?

hah! Is that what this "launch lab" business is?! I thought it was some sort of launch monitor hahahaha!

I still don't really know what it is. I know it's a driver, but between Fast 12, Fast 12 LS, Speedline, etc, I get all confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back