Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I see you have the 12* with the Silver. That is the same combo I am playing now. I am still getting a mid/low ball flight, you say a nice high flight but no balloning. Where have you found your tee height to be?

I play a 3 1/2 inch tee and put it in the ground just enough that it won't fall over. wheni first did it I was cringing about skymarking my driver, but it worked out and i am loving this shaft head combo.

UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight Stiff -- It's a low/mid launch shaft. That chart said flex code was 4-6-5-6 I think. Nothing really came close.

The part that has me all flummoxed is the weight of the heads. Wouldn't that matter? I can't find what a Cobra F Speed weighs.

If you like the V2 I bet you'd like the Kussla Indigo! 5-5-5-5 (S flex)

Tapping till 12-21-2012

No 250 dollar upgrade shafts for this guy.

I looked at the chart again, and the closest I could find to all the specs was the NV65. But damn, that's a ugly green shaft I'd be putting in that beautiful head.

No 250 dollar upgrade shafts for this guy.

I looked at the chart again, and the closest I could find to all the specs was the NV65. But damn, that's a ugly green shaft I'd be putting in that beautiful head.

Lemme get this straight. The guy named T0AD thinks green is ugly?

BTW the Cleveland rep told me that Kusala upcharges are $100. Maybe that's just for military?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Looking for a new shaft for the classic...Something similar to the callaway reg flex offering in the razrx black fw. anyone?

Looking for a new shaft for the classic...Something similar to the callaway reg flex offering in the razrx black fw. anyone?

I don't remember what page of this thread it is on but there is a chart of different shafts and their flex codes and a graph of where they fit.

I was looking for that...time to go back and search

I was looking for that...time to go back and search

I hope to be getting my real computer back tomorrow and I have it saved on there if you can't find it.

I found it...Im thinking the Aldila NV 65....

I found it...Im thinking the Aldila NV 65....

I would love to see you find a shaft that works for you in the classic, you also might want to hit up TC, and Super Tuna, amoung other for shaft advice.

thanks royalwuff....i'm killing my razrx 3w in a reg flex, im hoping for something similar in flex for this classic

really wasn't. I would say after the 4th hole you were by far the best off the tee in the group, and really none of us were bad.

Yeah man we did pound the ball really well that day as a group

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I play a 3 1/2 inch tee and put it in the ground just enough that it won't fall over. wheni first did it I was cringing about skymarking my driver, but it worked out and i am loving this shaft head combo.

Thanks, I will try that this Sunday. I have tee'd it high (what I thought was high) so I will give it a go.

Thanks, I will try that this Sunday. I have tee'd it high (what I thought was high) so I will give it a go.

Let us know if it works out for you.

First round in the books with the Classic today, and although I hit it well, I definitely need some range time with it. When I hit it well, the ball just flew. Had a couple of drives out to about 260 yards today, one or two a bit longer. I usually play a little fade on my tee shots, but I was just seeing a straight ball flight out of this.

One thing I did notice was that when I had a miss, it was out off the toe. Im wondering if this is due to the weight difference between this one and my Black? Will be getting on the range this week before League on Wednesday to see if I can get it working a bit better.

glad to hear you are getting some good distance and ball flight out of your Classic. It took me a while to find a good tee height and ball position, but once I did...

Let us know if it works out for you.

Only got in 4 holes and the rain washed me away. Of the 4 holes I used driver 3 times and hit 2 fairways, just short of the 3rd fairway as I took the harder route which was more carry and the rough is thick, the ball took one hop and down it went. I use 3 1/4" tees and stuck it in the ground just enough to hold the ball, this worked great. I was also taking a bigger turn and really focusing on keeping my left shoulder down thru the swing. I had great ball flight but still not much carry, a big improvement from my previous round. It just seems from what I have read the Classic likes a higher tee ball.

Well I have joined the ranks of Classic Owners. My 9* 290 should be here by weeks end.

Well I have joined the ranks of Classic Owners. My 9* 290 should be here by weeks end.

Congrats buddy and you will be killing that thing!

Looking forward to read about how it works out for you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the club, Freddie! This driver could be deadly in your hands.

Looking forward to your thoughts FK. I have enjoyed this one as much as any driver I have ever owned.

Very nice Freddie. Cant wait to see what you think

Only got in 4 holes and the rain washed me away. Of the 4 holes I used driver 3 times and hit 2 fairways, just short of the 3rd fairway as I took the harder route which was more carry and the rough is thick, the ball took one hop and down it went. I use 3 1/4" tees and stuck it in the ground just enough to hold the ball, this worked great. I was also taking a bigger turn and really focusing on keeping my left shoulder down thru the swing. I had great ball flight but still not much carry, a big improvement from my previous round. It just seems from what I have read the Classic likes a higher tee ball.

Great job there VA!

I just grabbed a 290 on a fantastic deal in the market, I have been in love with the aesthetics of it since I saw it earlier this year.

Excited.

Last edited:
Back