2013 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

I love all the changes and I am glad to hard numbers were put in for post count that way it is clearly understood what you need to so. I understand the unboxing videos...although, I will admit some guys got pretty excited seeing things like the staff bags come in....that was a surreal moment for me...seeing that bag with my name on it for the first time...and since I was the first Callaway staffer to get mine it was all a true suprise!!

I was guilty of the cellphone pics a couple of times....sorry....ex step daughter took mine and lost it....bought a new camera not a problem anymore!

Everything seems pretty fair, and nothing seems complicated about this either. The only thing I don't totally like is telling people to get rid of unboxing videos. I can understand it's boring for people to watch others fumble around with a knife while cutting open a box, but on the other hand, I like seeing people on video talking about their clubs because their enthusiasm comes across better than just reading a person's thoughts. So maybe tell people not to actually unbox the clubs on video, but they can still post videos of their new stuff when it comes in.

i'm with you here Ary. even for Morgan Cup 2.0, i would've liked to break up the video threads into even more specific threads. so you didn't have to sift thru humorous videos, to get to serious videos. or search deep into threads for an unboxing video for that specific type of club.
because i enjoy doing it, and for the reasons you mentioned...i will probably still make similar videos of my gear for a live perspective and thoughts of it, whether they be put in the MC threads and count as relevant posts or not.

but i do agree with not enjoying watching a 6 minute video of someone struggle with packaging and tape.

I would agree with some of the dudes in here saying that 200 is a pretty low number and that it could be higher. But I think that sometimes as regulars we just assume people can easily put up a ton of posts with no issues. I think some would be surprised that the 200 limit, would have gotten a few people in trouble last year. Life happens. I think 200 should be easy enough. And anyone having issues, I would hope you would not go into a shell and retreat. Always PM a teammate or a coach and ask for help. Every MC'er should be happy to help out any other, no matter the team

How about know what you're signing up for? That's not too hard. If one struggles with 200 posts of relevancy per month perhaps they should ponder the outing.

Videos aren't going to be disallowed, as I understood what JB said in the post, just not for unboxings. Here's to hoping that there will still be plenty of videos made!

Looking forward ti giving it a try!!!

i'm good friends with your boss...i'll give him a call.

He's screwed

Let me add something else. Those that want to do nothing but make jokes and banter all day in the Morgan Cup threads, will find their posts deleted. While the competition is not serious some would say, the event will be more serious.

And because of these rules there WILL NOT be any calling out of anybody that is not around. The staff behind the scenes will handle it with the captains.

I am happy to see this.

I would agree with some of the dudes in here saying that 200 is a pretty low number and that it could be higher. But I think that sometimes as regulars we just assume people can easily put up a ton of posts with no issues. I think some would be surprised that the 200 limit, would have gotten a few people in trouble last year. Life happens. I think 200 should be easy enough. And anyone having issues, I would hope you would not go into a shell and retreat. Always PM a teammate or a coach and ask for help. Every MC'er would be happy to help out any other, no matter the team

Absolutely. And this goes for past and future MC'ers.

How about know what you're signing up for? That's not too hard. If one struggles with 200 posts of relevancy per month perhaps they should ponder the outing.

Agree'd TC.

All good rules and I believe they will serve the MC 2013 very well!

I would agree with some of the dudes in here saying that 200 is a pretty low number and that it could be higher. But I think that sometimes as regulars we just assume people can easily put up a ton of posts with no issues. I think some would be surprised that the 200 limit, would have gotten a few people in trouble last year. Life happens. I think 200 should be easy enough. And anyone having issues, I would hope you would not go into a shell and retreat. Always PM a teammate or a coach and ask for help. Every MC'er should be happy to help out any other, no matter the team

Absolutely. And this goes for past and future MC'ers.

What he said. I would hope that all previous MC'ers would be very involved in this event since they know what a huge undertaking it is.

THP is learning and getting better every year.

Completely agree. People often get blinded by the light of shiny new equipment and forget how much work in actually involved.

\

This is dead accurate. In fact it would have gotten quite a few participants at least a warning and a few more out of the competition. We think its a pretty fair number.

That is the reason for the rules. Now everybody knows them and there will not be any issues. There will be no need for anybody up in arms when someone is not around because the Tour Reps and Captains will take care of it.

What he said. I would hope that all previous MC'ers would be very involved in this event since they know what a huge undertaking it is.

You would think, but its just not the case. Nor is it a requirement for that matter.

Everything seems fair and good. Nice changes JB, looks like I'm out of the running based on handicap. Oh well still hope to get there and volunteer.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Im sure many regulars did not notice it, but the 500 count of minimum posts for entry has been removed. With the monthly minimum in place, there is no reason for it.

I did notice that right off the bat, and I understand what you are saying about the 200 post revelant post count and I completely agree with that, but you said that didn't start untill all participants had been announced to the world...correct?

So does that mean that someone who is brand new with 4 posts can now apply to be a member of the Morgan Cup?

I'm liking these changes a whole lot. I think it will allow more participation from BOTH the contestants as well as forum members in general. I think that JB and GG learn stuff from each Morgan Cup and then implement changes to make the next ones even better than before.

One thing that I thought might be useful would be to create a spot in the Forums section specific to the Morgan Cup. That way everything that is Morgan Cup related can be found in one section. I don't know if that's possible, but I did find it a bit difficult to follow all the Morgan Cup threads this year, and thought that a Forum section dedicated to it would have been helpful.

I like it and if you are going to be involved in the Ultimate Amateur Event you need to know the guidelines! I can't wait to see this come together!

I think all the criteria is fair. Can't wait to hear more news on everything MC

formerly butters35

One thing that I thought might be useful would be to create a spot in the Forums section specific to the Morgan Cup. That way everything that is Morgan Cup related can be found in one section. I don't know if that's possible, but I did find it a bit difficult to follow all the Morgan Cup threads this year, and thought that a Forum section dedicated to it would have been helpful.

I like this suggestion. The primary method of looking for posts (for me at least) is to use the quick links for subscribed and new posts. However, THP is so active that it can be very easy to miss important announcements.

I did notice that right off the bat, and I understand what you are saying about the 200 post revelant post count and I completely agree with that, but you said that didn't start untill all participants had been announced to the world...correct?

So does that mean that someone who is brand new with 4 posts can now apply to be a member of the Morgan Cup?

Yup. That is correct. As long as they follow the guidelines when they are posted, they can be in the Morgan Cup.

We have addressed this one in the past and there is a reason that it is not done that way. If you look at every time we have ever done subforums and the lack of attention they get overall, you will have your answer. There is a reason why our show coverage is not in a subforum now and certainly the sponsors of an event like this should get maximum visibility by not just the members, but by the guests.

Appreciate the feedback of course and always looking to hear input.

Can't wait to hear more, these all seem like very reasonable things as well. Really looking forward to it!!

Yup. That is correct. As long as they follow the guidelines when they are posted, they can be in the Morgan Cup.

We have addressed this one in the past and there is a reason that it is not done that way. If you look at every time we have ever done subforums and the lack of attention they get overall, you will have your answer. There is a reason why our show coverage is not in a subforum now and certainly the sponsors of an event like this should get maximum visibility by not just the members, but by the guests.

Appreciate the feedback of course and always looking to hear input.

Not a tech wiz myself, but maybe you could set up a link on the home page that runs a search for the official Morgan Cup threads. Make sure they all have something like "Official 2013 Morgan cup ...." as the title. That way you could pull up all the relevant threads with a single click?

Cool, I have no issues with it, I just wanted to clarify it....most people that were in the couple hundred post range when the application process was announced anyways just ran up post count in the banter threads and welcoming all the newbies...,so it's not like they were relevant posts to begin with.

Cant wait to hear how the selection and application process will work this year, I know you guys are love making changes and improvements, but the video auditions were so cool and I still think the night of the viewing party was one of the coolest nights in THP history!

Although I would not be opposed to selection by putting contest either :alien:

Back